** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

All posters of the Pl Int forum look here

Re: Nope. Cant see where your coming from Gooner. Imo all people are doing are either a) Wanting people to discuss the posters selections specifaclly on one thread rather than to post the info under the relevant game thread. Surely the 'look at my acca and comment' people can go to the relevant thread and make their own mind up. b)Just posting their selections. Dont we usually have a thread for bets that people have on each night of football? One of the probs with these 'look at my bet' threads is that it pushes alot of geniune information down the thread and onto page 2. Why should I have to click on page 2 as some lazy bastid can't be bothered making comment on his own bet. He can't be bothered looking for the relevant thread and hopes that someone will massage his doubts bu saying something like 'yeh great acca man! Your gonna be richer Thursday no doubt'. I suppose it's personal pref but I'm sure that in the official form rules it is mentioned that no starting new threads based on just selections. I also believe that in the un-official rules big 10 team acca's and the like are frowned upon. We've been here before. Anyone care to comment!

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: Nope. Complete waste of bandwidth, these accy threads. Can anyone tell us just exactly what they bring to the board? One assumes that anyone participating here has a desire to win at bettting, a desire to improve their betting performance through the sharing of information and the acquisition of knowledge. How does the posting of daft accumulators help to achieve this goal? Yes, we need punters to feed the bookie's profit machine to fund the winning punters but we don't need to read about it here.

Guest MortyUk

So What.... So what if people want too post up their accys. I for one know like most that they are a waste of time, all we can do is warn people against doing them but I personally dont get 'angered' or 'frustrated' by reading anyones predictions, even if they dont give a reason. I wont read anything into these threads, dont get me wrong. Ill only use punters lounge as a guide to my own expenditure if there is an opinion of more than 10 confident people. I also want to point out that accys arent as bad when placed in the international forum, they are more likely to come up than in Domestic football thats for sure. Personally I am against backing accys that require a largish stake. I might choose 5 or 6 games and bet very small just for an all round interest on Soccer Saturday or something but thats it. If you keep posting losing accys then you will obviously realise sooner or later how rubbish and wallet damaging they are! Ill be interested too see how many of your bankers fail this week! MortyUk