** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

STONKING GOALSCORER VALUE?

Guest redchiz

Guest redchiz

Friendly internationals are a nightmare for punters, we all agree I'm sure. And Scotland v Canada tonight doesn't really set the pulse racing one way or the other. But one stand out bit of possible value has caught my eye. Canadian defender Kevin McKenna is a ludicrous 50/1 shot with Skybet as first/last goalscorer. Admittedly that was in this morning's Racing Post and things may have changed - I haven't had time to check. But he was 25/1 in a couple of other places. I gather there are one or two bookies that offer a score-at-any-time market as well? And I'm sure you can find somebody on the exchanges who will lay a silly price. "So what, he's a defender?" I hear you cry. Well yes, but he's proved to be a regular goalscorer for Canada - 4 goals from 12 appearances. In fact not only does that make him top-scorer in the current squad (!) but he was also his club's top scorer last season(!!) with 9. And for those of you who don't know, his club is Hearts. So he's playing in familiar surroundings as well. Finally, compare his odds to the market favourites: Stevie Crawford (Sco) at 6/1 with 1 goal from 5 appearances; Steven Thompson (Sco) at 6/1 with 0 from 5; Tomasz Radzinski (Can) at 10/1 with 3 from 15; and so the list goes on. All the pointers thus seem favourable, at least for a wee speculative punt. Personally, I'd like the chance to have a go at his individual Goal Minutes on the spreads, but the firms don't seem to be doing a player market for tonight. Shame, 'cos that's a better proposition imho, although I know that spread betting is still a bit of a minority interest. "Just a thought" as they say.

Guest The Highlander

Re: STONKING GOALSCORER VALUE? I agree thats great value for McKenna, neither side have fantastic players up front and set pieces could play a big part. Just a note that although he did get 9 for Hearts last year he played a big part of the season up front due to Hearts small squad, but as we all know playing up front doesn't guarentee a player will score goals (unless of course they happen to be playing up front for the old firm). Definately worth a small bet.

Guest The Highlander

Re: STONKING GOALSCORER VALUE? Had a look at some other's to score in 90mins, another defender Dailly who scored the opener on Saturday is 9/1 and I'm not sure about this but I think he's currently Scotland's top scorer. On this evidence maybe 0-0 looks good :\

Guest redchiz

Re: STONKING GOALSCORER VALUE? Thanks for the feedback. Well, I dedided I better put my money where my mouth is. £10 to be precise @5/1 to score anytime, with Skybet. Here's hoping all the theory turns into practice...