Rugby - Weekend Internationals (24th - 26th August)

Just a quick update regarding the RWC internationals this weekend as unfortunately not had much time to go through on a match by match basis.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />24/08/07 - Ireland v Italy

Based on the IRB ratings and taking into account the ‘home’ factor, Ireland (80.96) should beat Italy (75.53) by around 18 points. This would equate to odds of around:

Ireland 1.08

Italy 11.00

Draw 40.00

Best Bookie prices are:

Ireland 1.08

Italy 14.00

Draw 55.00

Conclusion – No bet

25/08/07 - Scotland v South Africa

Based on the IRB ratings and taking into account the ‘home’ factor, South Africa (84.85) should beat Scotland (75.50) by around 14 points. This would equate to odds of around:

Scotland 5.50

South Africa 1.16

Draw 33.00

Best Bookie prices are:

Scotland 7.00

South Africa 1.19

Draw 34.00

Conclusion – No bet

26/08/07 - Wales v France

Based on the IRB ratings and taking into account the ‘home’ factor, France (86.35) should beat Wales (76.99) by around 14 points. This would equate to

Wales 5.50

France 1.16

Draw 33.00

Best Bookie prices are:

Wales 2.97

France 1.50

Draw 28.00

Conclusion – France are value here as are currently priced 29% above their ‘ratings’ price. As such, therefore, the selection is a 3 point bet on France at 1.50 with Victor Chandler.

Re: Rugby - Weekend Internationals (24th - 26th August) no value on the outrights for me. Although I can't fault your system on France they are French and could decide not to turn up and save themselves for the RWC after 2 bruising games v England whilst Wales will be full pelt to get a win to put the public back on side. Italy are available with a 20pt start against Ireland who come off a loss to Scotland. I'm wondering if that might be a bit much for the Irish to overcome? Any thoughts? I'd also like to see a total points mark for the Wales-France game as they tend to be open, high scoring affairs. None on oddschecker though as of yet...

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.