** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Russia v Albania

Albania @ 16/1 for this. I think that they are as good as any team to cause a shock. Russian corruption playing it's part, milking the western bookmakers. I might have a couple of quid. Here's something from the Sportinglife (ty Paul)-

Quote:

Russia coach Valeri Gazzaev has warned his players to guard against complacency when they take on Albania in Volgograd on Wednesday night. Edvin Murati's late free-kick earned Italian coach Giuseppe Dossena's side a 1-1 draw at home to Switzerland at the weekend and Gazzaev is well aware that his side will have to be at their best during this Euro 2004 Group 10 qualifying clash. "[saturday's result] means that Albania is a strong side," he said. "My assistant Nicolai Khudiev visited the game [against Switzerland] and said that Albania could even have won." Defender Andrei Solomatin is back in contention for the visit of the unpredictable Albanians after recovering from a knock. Solomatin picked up a slight injury during the ill-fated goalless draw in Georgia on Saturday that was abandoned after two floodlight failures at Tbilisi's Lokomotiv stadium. Solomatin trained with the rest of the squad on Monday and is expected to retain his place with Rotor Volgograd midfielder Eygeni Aldonin hoping to start in front of his home fans at the Centralnyi stadium. Gazzaev admitted that other Russian cities will also get the chance to host national team games in a bid to boost the profile of the side. "We're going to play one of next season's friendly games in Saint-Petersburg. We can promote football in the whole country if we play in different cities,"he added. Albania are expected to name an unchanged side for the clash but have Saturday's substitutes Altin Haxhi and Florian Myrtaj, who were impressive after being introduced against the Swiss, battling for a starting role. Dossena left experienced striker Bledar Kola out of the squad for the two games for 'technical reasons'

Imo both these teams are capable of playing out a draw. 16/1 for a sneeky away win could be big mind.

Guest toshibakid

hmm albania are the team who england beat 2-0 at st james park before the world cup if i rememeber right ?? They are a good price at 16/1 and as you say all the russins will have money on these big prices at the bookies :lol

Guest cjamars

Re: hmm I had Albania down to get a result against Switzerland (detailed in that thread) but I can't see anything other than a comfortable home win here. The Russian DOMESTIC League is as corrupt as world football gets but the international game is IMO pretty clean (at least when as now there is something at stake). Albania are poor travellers (they lost all 4 on the road in last WC) but tend to lose by small margins. 16/1 is ONLY a good price for small stakes investment. If I was going to bet on this one a correct score 1,0 2,0 or 2-1 would probably be my choice.

Guest delboy26681

Scoreline 1-1 after 44minutes!!! From my ancient reading skills (unless my eyes deceive me!) Its 2-1 to Russia after 41 minutes. Semak with the second! Bonjour, Big Gerrie Ohhhhh ya dog!!!