** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Wales v Italy

Guest MattyNeth

Guest MattyNeth

After losing a packet on Italy yesterday, I may double up as I take them to turn over Wales on Wednesday night. I have seen EVENS quoted for the away win. i know that Wales are a much improved side, but I take Italy with the class of players that they have to have the edge.

Re: Wales v Italy No, I would rather take Wales to win this one because there side has improved very much and there at home. Italy are overrated and big headed :)

Guest Footy4cast

Re: Wales v Italy I think under will be the only bet for this match...can find any odds as yet. If I had to bet 1X2, then Inzaghi and Del Piero against the Welsh back four ( there only real / very real weakness now ) would swing my opinion the way of the Italians. However 1X2 not really an option IMO with all of the players out for the Italians, there poor performance against a weak Yugoslavian side and the fact that the Welsh are playing out of their skins.

Guest backhander

Re: Wales v Italy I wouldn't touch this match on any market, either 1x2, over / under or handicap. The Italians are unpredictable most of the time like they couldn't care less - a draw with Yugoslavia and a 2-0 win over Azerbaijan (one of their goals was an own goal) doesn't make the even money look appetising. I wouldn't also back my nation, Wales, because despite some quality results of late, you can always rely on Paul Jones to do something stupid to chuck away the game.

Re: Wales v Italy I think Wales can do it: Read this, taken from Ananova: Middlesbrough's Massimo Maccarone has been called into the Italy squad to face Wales as replacement for the injured Filippo Inzaghi. The striker, who has just one senior cap, has been in impressive form since moving to the Riverside for £8.15 million in the summer from Empoli. He was put on stand-by before last night's 1-1 draw against Yugoslavia with Inzaghi struggling with a foot injury. He will join up with the Azzurri tonight before travelling to Cardiff for Wednesday's game. AC Milan star Inzaghi is the fourth high-profile casualty to affect Trapattoni's plans for the clash with Wales. Francesco Totti, Christian Vieri, Mark Iuliano and Francesco Coco had already pulled out before yesterday's match, which saw the Azzurri battle back from a goal down after Predrag Mijatovic had put Yugoslavia ahead. Fabio Cannavaro, Alessandro Nesta and Alessandro Del Piero - who netted the equaliser - have also been struggling with assorted aches and pains.

Guest The Highlander

Re: Wales v Italy I don't see any reason why Wales can't win this game, as someone has said already Italy are a boring team and after a poor world cup (both results and performances) they have started qualification the same way. I think they'd be happy to take a draw from this game. Wales know this is their best chance to qualify for a tournament in a long time and they'll give it everything to win this one.

Guest theshooterman

You might be right and wales might win. But three reasons why Italy might win are: They are the better team (in most departments), The want to win just as much as Wales. Moreover, I am sure that (at the outset at least) they will have a very firm belief that they will beat Wales, Wales are capable of springing surprises but tend not to be consistant. I haven't checked all the stats but I would be a little surprised if they have put together a decent run in the last 10 years (apologies if I'm wrong). Italy might be boring but tend to win more often than not. ;) Finally, I must admit that I am a little biased as I have already bet on Italy to win. You can get better than evens at Betfair. :)

Guest The Highlander

Call it a draw Theres arguments for both sides winning and both teams will want the win (although I still think Wales will want it more). I think it will be a close game and both teams might just settle for the draw in the end. It wouldn't be a bad result for either sides qualification hopes. Is anyone brave enough to back the draw though?

Guest paulybhoy

Wales They are on a roll, and self belief at home against an Italian side already under pressure. A small bet on half time win/draw for Wales around evens taking both

Guest delboy26681

Anyone interested?! Italy are available at 5/6 on Ladbrokes but if anyone still wants to bet on them go into the asian handicap bet instead. It pays 2.00 if Italy wins the match. You lose if Wales win the match or if it ends in a draw. So u can have either 5/6 or Evs on Italy to win. Easy choice to make me thinks!!! Bonjour, Big Gerrie Ohhhhh ya dog!!!