** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Correct Scores Wednesday

Guest The Highlander

Guest The Highlander

How about doing correct scores for Wednesday, I didn't have time to consider any for Saturday and the games looked a bit too tough to predict, did anyone try them and win some money? This weeks games look much more interesting with a lot of good sides playing poor sides at home. I think we can forget about friendlies as they're too unpredictable no matter who's playing. I'm considering these games at first look: GROUP A Malta v France 0-2, 0-3, 0-4 Malta have lost their opening two qualifiers 3-0 away to Slovenia and 2-0 at home to Israel. France have freshened up the squad since the world cup and are determined to perform well in every game now to prove their still the best in Europe. GROUP B Norway v Bosnia 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 Norway have made a good start to qualification with a draw against Denmark and a win away to Romania. They'll won't want any slip ups here against a Bosnia team Romania beat 3-0 away. GROUP C Czech Rep v Belarus 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 The Czech's have some quality players, the group should be between them and Holland but Austria will be a threat so a win here is vital. Belarus have had a tough start losing 3-0 away to Holland and 2-0 at home to Austria. GROUP D Hungary v San Marino 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 San Marino never have a chance of anything other than a 0-0 draw and Hungary have started well (1-1 draw away to Sweden). Hungary should win easily just unsure how many they'll get but starting at three should be safe enough. GROUP E Germany v Faroe Islands 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 The Faroes lost 2-0 away to Lithuania in the their last game after the result against Scotland, Germany beat Lithuania 2-0 away. Germany are full of confidence after the World Cup and never concede many goals. GROUP G Turkey v Liechtenstein 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 Can't see any problems for Turkey here. There so strong at home and after a good start won't slip up. England v Fyr Macedonia 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 Again can't see a problem for England in this one but I could never back an England win :p GROUP H Bulgaria v Andorra 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 Bulgaria have had a great start beating both Belgium away and Croatia at home 2-0. Andorra managed to keep the Belgium score to 1-0 on Saturday but I don't think Belgium have a great side and seem to be struggling for goals. Malta v France 0-2, 0-3, 0-4 Norway v Bosnia 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 Czech Rep v Belarus 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 Hungary v San Marino 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 Germany v Faroe Islands 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 Turkey v Liechtenstein 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 England v Fyr Macedonia 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 Bulgaria v Andorra 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 Anyone got any ideas for other games or maybe different scorelines?

corr. scores gone for exactly the same Highlander !! got stuffed on Saturday though, had Finland and Czech Republic to win, but Denmark and Belgium could muster just 3 goals between em in their games and lost me a potential £500. ones to add to your list for Wednesday : Russia v Albania 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 Luxembourg v Romania 0-1, 0-2, 0-3 gonna be more cautious on Hungary v San MArino, going 2-0, 3-0, 4-0, apparently San Marino have a decent keeper who helped keep it down to 2-0 against Poland last month.

Guest The Highlander

Re: corr. scores Swampster, unlucky with the Denmark game with their attacking players I would have been tempted to start as high as 4 or even 5 but deciding how many the big teams will get is what makes these games so hard to predict. I've changed the Hungary game to 2 to 4 as San Marino do seem to be getting better at keeping the score down and Hungary probably don't have a side with enough flair to break down such a defensive team 5 times. Here's the updated list: Malta v France 0-2, 0-3, 0-4 Norway v Bosnia 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 Czech Rep v Belarus 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 Hungary v San Marino 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 Germany v Faroe Islands 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 Turkey v Liechtenstein 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 England v Fyr Macedonia 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 Bulgaria v Andorra 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 Russia v Albania 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 Luxembourg v Romania 0-1, 0-2, 0-3 Anyone have any reason on why some of these games should be dropped, they all look like good bets at first look but a few of the smaller sides must be dangerous. Ideally I think were looking for four games out of this lot.

Guest The Highlander

Re: corr. scores Had a look on bet365 who let you combine all the scores in one go and they offer correct score betting on all these games. Had a look last week but they didn't offer it on the Denmark match.

Guest varganya

re Hi Being Hungarian i can imagine even a 1-0 victory :) But just to warn you last qualifying series /for the world cup/ Hungary started the very same way. Hungary - Italy 2-2 Lithuania - Hungary 1-6 !!!! than Hungary - Lithuania 0-0 !!!! Good luck

Guest Petty Cash Bandit

Re: Correct scores Messer Highlander and Swampster I think you guys have nailed it on the head here, i will most probably go with something similar. but obviously use 5 or 6 teams (6 teams 2 scores and 5 teams 3 scores) Just probability info for u guys. may come into some use 12th Oct 2002 euro2004 qualifiers 2 - 0 = 8 – Iceland v SCOTS, Moldova v CZECH BULGARIA v Croatia, LITHUNIA v Faroe Is, Belarus v AUSTRIA, UKRAINE v Greece, Malta v ISRAEL, DENMARK v Luxenbourg 1 - 0 = 3 - Poland v LATVIA, Romania v NORWAY, Andorra v BELGIUM 3 - 0 = 2 – FINLAND v Azerbaijan, SPAIN v N.Ireland 2 - 1 = 2 - Macedonia v TURKEY, Slovakia v ENGLAND 5 - 0 = 1 - FRANCE v Slovenia 1 - 1 = 3 - Sweden v Hungary, Albania v Switzerland, Italy v Yugoslavia No result for Georgia v Russia – floodlite failure INTERESTING................. 7th Sept 02. 0-0 = 2 – Latvia v Sweden, Croatia v Estonia 1-1 = 1 - Liechtenstein v Macedonia 2-1 = 1 - Cyprus v FRANCE 2-0 = 7 – AUSTRIA v Moldova, San Marino v POLAND, Lithunia v GERMANY, Greece v SPAIN, Belguim v BULGARIA, Finland v WALES, Azerbaijan v ITALY. 3-0 = 4 – SLOVENIA v Malta, Bosnia v ROMANIA, HOLLAND v Belarus, TURKEY v Slovakia 2-2 = 3 – Norway v Denmark, Faroe Is v Scots, Armenia v Ukraine 4-2 = 1 – RUSSIA v Rep Ireland 4-1 = 1 – SWITZERLAND v Georgia It seems the most common scores for Intl games are 1-0 2-0 3-0.

Guest The Highlander

Re: no news yet Thanks for the input guys very interesting and helpful. I think Hungary need more consideration but they are playing San Marino so surely they can get 2 goals at home. The scores from the last 2 international dates were especially interesting, although the most common scores are 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 overall there wasn't a single 1-0 home win so starting at 2-0 when the strongest team is at home looks good and starting at 1-0 when they are away from home. There has also only been one 5-0 win so far (France v Slovenia). The revised list: Malta v France 0-1, 0-2, 0-3 Norway v Bosnia 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 Czech Rep v Belarus 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 Hungary v San Marino 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 Germany v Faroe Islands 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 Turkey v Liechtenstein 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 England v Fyr Macedonia 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 Bulgaria v Andorra 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 Russia v Albania 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 Luxembourg v Romania 0-1, 0-2, 0-3

Pay for your bets First you back Italy and the Ukraine in a double to win away to Wales and Northern Ireland respectively because a) as well as Wales are doing at the moment this is an Italian team who now need a result and b) though Ukraine can be disappointing at times they are surley too good for Northern Ireland in a competitive fixture. Now then one point staked on this returns 3.66 points (at Corals according to the Racing Post today) which gives you 2.5 points to stake on a speculative double of both games going 0-2 with a chance of good profits and a guarantee of a small one. That's it then. Easy money. I know I've said it before but this time it has to be. Nothing can go wrong......(continues rambling as he dragged into court for a bankruptcy hearing!)

Guest varganya

About Hungary again I suggest check out for U21 Hun-San M. games tuesday 14 h. The A Team plays always pretty mutch similar result or + 1 goal better. Except the U21 Strikers pretty mutch the same level... Szabics/Strum Gratz/ ect ... One more news - the spirit is up. Kenesei/3 goals/ and Urbán /4 golas/ two team mates in ZTE want to score each. (The game will be played Urban`s previous club ground, where he played for 10 years and actualy born there .) Kenesei just wants to keep up with Urba'n :) And i think the others : Tököly /top scorer for Hun/, and Feher /Benfica/ have a word about this pluss Lisztes have a potential too... So watch out

Guest The Highlander

Re: About Hungary again Thanks for the help varganya, I'm really undecided on whether to take the Hungary game now, going to have a look at their form in other qualification groups before deciding. Has their team changed much since the World Cup qualification?

Guest The Highlander

Re: About Hungary again Euro 2000 Qualification 1. Romania 10 7 3 0 25 - 3 24 2. Portugal 10 7 2 1 32 - 4 23 3. Slovakia 10 5 2 3 12 - 9 17 4. Hungary 10 3 3 4 14 - 10 12 5. Azerbaijan 10 1 1 8 6 - 26 4 6. Liechtenstein 10 1 1 8 2 - 39 4 Results against weak opposition: Oct 98 Azerbaijan 0 v 4 Hungary Mar 99 Hungary 5 v 0 Liechtenstein Sep 99 Hungary 3 v 0 Azerbaijan Sep 99 Liechtenstein 0 v 0 Hungary World Cup 2002 Qualification 1. Italy 8 6 2 0 16 - 3 20 2. Romania 8 5 1 2 10 - 7 16 3. Georgia 8 3 1 4 12 - 12 10 4. Hungary 8 2 2 4 14 - 13 8 5. Lithuania 8 0 2 6 3 - 20 2 Very tough group but if you consider Lithuania weak opposition they drew 1-1 at home. I don't think their world cup group helps much although they performed resonably well they weren't playing anyone as bad as San Marino. The Euro 2000 qualification is promising as they never conceded a goal in the highlighted matches.

Guest The Highlander

Re: About Hungary again I've dropped England for the simple reason I can't imagine supporting an England win. I've increased France's goals to start at 2 to 4 instead of 1 to 3, in World Cup qualifying Malta only kept the score to 0-1 once and that was against N Ireland. Dropped the Norway v Bosnia game as Norway aren't a great team at the moment and Bosnia will probably lose but are capable of getting a goal. Also dropped Czech Rep v Belarus as although I think the Czech's have a quality team Belarus can be dangerous. Dropped Russia v Albania again because Albania are a decent enough side to get a goal away from home. Luxembourg v Romania, I don't know enough about the current romanian team. Had to drop one more game to leave myself with only 4, decided Germany v Faroe Islands because for Scotlands sake I'll be hoping Germany slip up. I'm pretty sure my final picks are going to be: Malta v France 0-2, 0-3, 0-4 Easy France win, worried about the France defence but this is Malta and France have new players in the squad looking to impress. Hungary v San Marino 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 I have no doubt Hungary will win, just worried how many goals they'll get. Turkey v Liechtenstein 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 Liechtenstein are probably the worst national side in Europe so I've decided to start at 3 here. Bulgaria v Andorra 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 Bulgaria are in good form. Andorra rarely score especially away from home. 108 Trebles Unless anyone can convince me otherwise.

Guest paulinho

Re: About Hungary again they're my favourite four too, followed by england and germany. personally, it'll be doubles and trebles on france, turkey and bulgaria. not entirely sure of the ranges yet, probably same as you've gone for. i've also decided recently that this bet really isn't worth it outside of internationals, except maybe if both the old firm are playing at home, rangers have won to nil in pretty much every home game this season, def. not worth searching for every week

Guest whoneedsrio

Re: About Hungary again I did a correct score bet on the first round of Euro qualifiers and got let down by France who let one in against Cyprus away. Defence is geting on a bit, comedy goalie, not sure about this one The other three games I'd say you have about right, what about Germany v Faroe's? 3-0, 4-0 & 5-0 All the best.

Guest Petty Cash Bandit

Plondering the Czech Mates Highlander, although i would want you to do anything drastic, here's something that make the Czech's v Belarus a cert at 2-0 3-0 4-0. Taken from uefa.comBelarus worries Ahead of the Group 3 game between Czech Republic and Belarus, BV Borussia Dortmund's Czech star Tomáš Rosický missed training with a minor knee injury but is expected to be fit enough to start. However, Belarus coach Eduard Malofeev will be without four key players - Alexander Lukhvich and Andrey Ostrovsky are suspended, while Vitaly Volodenkov is suffering from a virus and the influential Valentyn Belkevich is still injured. This is not an "instead of" but maybe an extra choice.

Guest The Highlander

How about this I'm thinking about doing three bets now. I know I'm being greedy: BET 1 Malta v France 0-2 12.00, 0-3 8.00, 0-4 7.00 Turkey v Liechtenstein 3-0 8.00, 4-0 7.00, 5-0 7.00 Germany v Faroe Islands 2-0 12.00, 3-0 8.00, 4-0 7.00 27 Trebles @ 10p per bet = £2.70 Min Treble Pays = £34.30 Max Treble Pays = £115.20 BET 2 Hungary v San Marino 2-0 11.00, 3-0 8.00, 4-0 7.00 Bulgaria v Andorra 2-0 12.00, 3-0 8.00, 4-0 7.00 Czech Rep v Belarus 2-0 7.00, 3-0 7.50, 4-0 12.00 27 Trebles @ 10p per bet = £2.70 Min Treble Pays = £34.30 Max Treble Pays = £158.40 BET 3 Malta v France 0-2 12.00, 0-3 8.00, 0-4 7.00 Hungary v San Marino 2-0 11.00, 3-0 8.00, 4-0 7.00 Turkey v Liechtenstein 3-0 8.00, 4-0 7.00, 5-0 7.00 Bulgaria v Andorra 2-0 12.00, 3-0 8.00, 4-0 7.00 108 Trebles @ 10p per bet = £10.80 Min Treble Pays = £34.30 Max Treble Pays = £158.40

Guest Petty Cash Bandit

2/3 bets 6 Teams two scoresfrance 2-0 3-0 France 2-0 3-0 Czech 2-0 3-0 Hungary 2-0 3-0 Bulgaria 2-0 3-0 England 2-0 3-0 Turkey 2-0 3-0 80 bets (winning trebles) @ 5p = £4.00 --------------------------------- Super Heinz 120 bets 7 x 2-0 wins Norway Holland Hungary England Yugoslavia Italy ? Rep. Ireland Belguim 7 from the above 8 (most probably emit italy from list) 120 x 5p = £6.00 Due to no. of 2-0 and 3-0 win in qualifier Will do a 4 teams 3 scores similar to the one you mention highlander. Good luck

... Estonia - Belgium 1-0, 2-1, 1-1 Yugoslavia - Finland 1-1, 1-2, 1-3 Czech Republic - Belarus 0-0, 0-1, 1-2 Turkey - L'stein 6-0, 7-0, 8-0 Norway - Bosnia 1-1, 1-2, 1-3 Germany - Faroe Islands 6-0, 7-0, 8-0 Iceland - Lithuania 0-0, 1-0, 0-1 Austria - Holland 1-1, 1-2, 1-3 Greece - Armenia 0-0, 1-1, 1-0 Ireland - Switzerland 0-0, 1-1, 2-1

Guest The Highlander

Re: 2/3 bets Well I hope the best don't come up because I've just gone back to bet365 and correct score betting on these games is no longer available. Was there for all the games this morning. Just praying I got them all wrong now.

Guest whoneedsrio

Nearly missed it Just done a trebles bet on Hungary & Bulgaria 2-0, 3-0 & 4-0 & Turkey & Germany 3-0, 4-0 & 5-0. Only just got on Bulgaria kicks off at 1600. All the best

Guest Dave Mardell

Mine Im taking the following. all 3-0 4-0 5-0 to the favourites France Germany 2pt Doubles England Turkey 2pt Doubles France Germany England Turkey 0.1pt Trebles 0.1pt Accumalator Fingers crossed

Guest The Highlander

Result BET 1 Malta v France 0-4 7.00 Turkey v Liechtenstein 5-0 7.00 Germany v Faroe Islands 2-1 LOST BET 2 Hungary v San Marino 3-0 8.00 Bulgaria v Andorra 2-1 Czech Rep v Belarus 2-0 7.00 LOST BET 3 Malta v France 0-4 7.00 Hungary v San Marino 3-0 8.00 Turkey v Liechtenstein 5-0 7.00 Bulgaria v Andorra 2-1 WON £39.20 Thats what would have happened if Bet365 hadn't stopped the correct score bets so I'm not that bothered :) anyone win?

re: Russia v Albania 1-0, 2-0, 2-1........4-1 Norway v Bosnia 1-0, 2-0, 2-1.......2-0 Malta v France 0-2, 0-3, 0-4...........0-4 Luxembourg v Romania 0-1, 0-2, 0-3....0-7 Iceland v Lithuania 1-0, 2-0, 3-0......3-0 270 trebles @10p, 1 treble came in, probably picks up about £50. Had a few on England too, I am NEVER betting on them again....:(

Guest paulinho

Re: Result thank god for andorra scoring that goal. would only have made about £2. would've made about £110 if bulgaria had not conceded, i think i would have cried, esp. with the f-ing england game. :( :(