** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Berti's bandwagon hits the road

Guest Parahandy

Guest Parahandy

It's taken a while but the pain, humiliation and despair have eased somewhat in the past few days as Berti's boys have at last found a forward gear. Scored some good goals too. We might just get into the shakeup in our Group now and give the WC runners up a run for it. I could think of other teams I'd feel more apprehensive about facing, and no Engerland are not one of them ;) At least the black storm clouds have cleared. . .for a wee while anyway :D

Re: Berti's bandwagon hits the road Good to see the victory over Iceland, but feel that Scotland still have a long way to go before they can be viewed as anything but poor. There is a chance that they might snatch 2nd in the group, but I wouldn't put money on it. IMO Scotland are going to experience the years of wilderness that Wales have endured.

Guest crowie1969

Scotland 2 wins are 2 wins and considering what we have had over the past wee while I will take them against anyone right now. Results in certain places in Europe tonight prove that any team will take any win at any score, performance is of secondary importance. Before the weekend I was well negative on Scotland due to past performances. I said to a mate before the Iceland game that I would take a 0-0 with 6 bookings for Scotland as it least that would mean we were putting some fight into the game (which has been sadly missing from Scotlands performances probably going back to Croatia at Hampden). The result on Saturday (and last night) was excellent but have to say I was almost as impressed by the fight, passion, work rate and spirit of the players who played in both games. We have never been the best team in the world (except when we were unoffical world champs in 1967) but we have always had fight about us. Glad to see that seems to be back as a bit of putting the boot in can cover a lot of inadequacies (which we still have). Remember, they don't like it up em!!