Not to lose double

dave

Ok, I know it's stupid to bet on friendlies but I think there's a pretty good "not to lose" double to be had this week. Greece 2.37, 3.25 vs. Rep. Of Ireland They haven't had an amazing start to the Euro 2004 qualifying but Greece's recent friendly record is pretty good - unbeaten in 5, with victories over Cyprus, Romania and Belgium, and good draws at home to Czech Republic and Sweden. Irish football is not exactly in a great state right now, and we have seen in England what caretaker managers (Peter Taylor and Howard Wilkinson) can do (nothing). Defeats against Switzerland and Russia won't have helped their confidence, and generally Ireland don't play too well in friendlies. In the only previous meeting, Greece won 1-0 in Ireland. (April 2000) Austria vs. Norway 2.62, 3.10 Two sides here who always play flat out in friendies, and I think that Norway have more quality here. I wouldn't be surprised to see a draw.

Guest PoppyPower25

Re: Not to lose double FA - think Connoly has finally sealed his own faith and cant see him wearing the green anymore. Turned down the chance tobe called up as he was nt named in the first 26. He's a waste of space anyway so i aint going to lose any sleep over it. Wouldnt bet on the game itself though, as even how badly the squad is hit by injuries etc.. i could never back against the green. But from a neutrals point of view it does stand out as a good bet. Portugals odds 3/10 to beat scotland are fierce tasty - but i got my fingers burnt off with those feckers in the world cup so i'm never touching them again.

Re: Not to lose double :rollin Dead right poppy power I had a heated conversation with several people at lunch. They were sating rubbish along the lines of "Connolly is in great form, he's a good player blah, blah, blah" I will say one thing when Connolly gets mouthy and thinks he's a star player, Ireland should be very very worried. :lol Connolly is a waste of space - a always plays pitifully for us anyway - whatever about Wimbledon, he falls over constantly, he almost never scores and he can't take a penalty to save his life - even though he dispatches the bloddy thing week in week out for Wimbledon. Crowe will do a better job anyway - at least he will be well up for it and honoured to play. ;)

Guest PoppyPower25

Re: Not to lose double Yeah FA - Connolly slots the spot kicks away for the Dons with ease - still to this day i dont know why him and Kilbane took those peano's - but sure thats all in the past now. As far as Crowe goes, he's only getting a game cause theres no one else to play yeah he'll be honoured to wear the green, but at the end of the day (@#%$ i sound like O'Leary), he shouldnt be playing for a national team. The Eircom is no standard at all, the Carlisle boys can hardly cut it in the 3rd division, and thats where Roddy took them all from. Granted Richie Foran slots a few in, but sure if he was any way decent, he'd have been brought up a division or 2 by now. Crowe is slightly better but not much at all. Let the bouy play his game against the greeks, and i hope he has a stormer. But Givens is only doing it for the Eircom - another yes man at the heart of the FAI.

Guest xpose001

Re: What about Holland? my mate been saying that he reckons that holand is a better not to lose bet, although i myself think that both teams are good not to loses, but u must be aware friendlies are really unpredictable who knows:)

Guest Carlisle Blue

Re: Not to lose double F.a.o Poppy Power 25 re Carlisle Utd. You will see a different Carlisle for the remainder of this season. When Roddy rejoined in the summer he had nothing but a couple YTS lads after Knighton left. And Carlisle were 72 hours from losing its football licence before the takeover was agreed. Roddy and John Courtenay have brought in a lot of players who did not know each other, and the dressing room used to be deathly quiet. Things are changing now, Carlisle have confidence from their recent unbeaten run, and we will definitely finish above Darlington (where are you Darlo??).