Cricket: Women's Twenty20 International

The 3rd and final Twenty20 International takes place this afternoon at Taunton and happens to be live on Sky at 5.30. I'm no expert on women's cricket but I know enough to have a couple of bets. 10pts England Women -2.5wickets/17.5runs 5/6 Sporting Odds England's Women are 2-0 up in the series and heavily outclass their New Zealand opponents on the world stage. Along with the 2 wins over New Zealand, England completely thrashed South Africa, at this venue last week. England were dealt a blow though earlier in the week when their captain Charlotte Edwards suffered a hamstring injury and she's unlikely to feature tonight. Nottinghamshire all rounder Nicki Shaw will captain England this evening. New Zealand also beat South Africa last week but have been beaten by 20 runs and 5 wickets so far in the series. Their top order hasn't really fired so far and they had difficulty scoring just 117 at Bath last time out. They made 186/7 against South Africa however so they'll hope for a batting performance like that this evening. England though are the queens of the women's game in all forms of cricket and having won the 1st 2 games comfortably enough I'm confident of another win by a margin sufficient enough to cover the handicap. 5pts S.Taylor Top England Bat 7/2 Sporting Odds England's hard hitting wicket-keeper batter couldn't have been in better form in Twenty20's this summer. She suffered a 1st ball duck against South Africa but has come back strongly in this series with efforts of 43 off 33 and 52* off 50 balls. This attack seems to be one which she likes batting against and I'll take the fearless 18 year old to continue her excellent form with the bat and get England off to a flier and go on and top score. The absence of her captain will be a boost to her chances and 7/2 is a fair price. She'll have received her A-level results today and she's on for a double boost here. Sarah Taylor for me.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.