Was that Beckhams goal ?

Guest bluekinkladze

Guest bluekinkladze

I'm biased cos I had a tenner on him scoring the first England goal !!! Can I have an objective opinion from the rest of you ? So who scored it ?

Guest Honestayrman

Re: Was that Beckhams goal ? If he had got a touch then he would've been going crazy during celebrations, don't you think he looked a bit embarrassed as he wheeled away

Guest cunniman

Re: Was that Beckhams goal ? I had a small bet on Beckham scoring from a free kick. Only a couple of quid but I want Owen to come clean and admit he never touched it (some chance!!!)

Guest bluekinkladze

Re: Was that Beckhams goal ? If he's so squeaky clean then he should admit it & I'll collect my £80 thanks :) Just a point, was it a direct free kick :(

Guest Honestayrman

Re: Was that Beckhams goal ? 63' Owen gets the equaliser with a faint touch on a Beckham lofted free-kick, although the Manchester United FC man may claim the ball went straight into the net. 63' Owen(England ) uefa.com

re direct free kick It was a direct freekick. The referee must signal a direct freekick by holding his arm in the air, and also by telling the freekick taker.

Guest bluekinkladze

Re: Was that Beckhams goal ? Hope that Backham is feeling pedantic !!! Probly will be cos he wont have had a sh@g for a while, wot with her having a 'sun roof' baby :lol

Guest bluekinkladze

Re: Was that Beckhams goal ? Uefa.com says : 90'+5' England have fought back with a much-improved second-half performance to get their campaign off to a winning start. Owen claimed both goals after Nemeth's opener, although Beckham may have something to say about the first England goal.

Guest Honestayrman

Re: Was that Beckhams goal ? BBC David Beckham sent a surge of relief through England's camp by floating in a free-kick for the equaliser - then Owen snatched a late winner in typical predatory fashion.

Guest bluekinkladze

Re: Was that Beckhams goal ? Sporting Odds have my bet down as a loser. How long til they refund it I wonder ? Maybe a quick email is in order ;)

Guest bluekinkladze

Re: Was that Beckhams goal ? Just been on Annanova : Ananova: Beckham handed opening goal Sven-Goran Eriksson revealed David Beckham was credited with England's first goal after the 2-1 win over Slovakia. Michael Owen celebrated as if he had got the faintest of touches with his head to Beckham's 64th-minute freekick which put England level. But afterwards Eriksson revealed that Owen had admitted the goal should go to Beckham. Surely now ????

Guest cunniman

Re: RE: Beckham Delighted to say that Bet365 have paid me out. Had a couple of small bets on the game - Beckham to score from a free kick and bookings > 35 pts. As you can imagine, every time England were around the edge of the area I was looking for vicious Slovakian tackles which would result in a Beckham opportunity and a card to go with it. :)