Help with horses that place? (Placepot Help!)

Hi guys, Just wondering if any of you can help - I'm doing some research into the placepot (and hopefully cracking it!) and want to know what makes a horse place . . . I've tried using Massey but you can't 'backward test' if that makes sense? i.e. get the results of a race and see what attributes the placed horses have? Or am i just been stupid? Is there any other sites out there that can help? If anyone can help i'll buy you a virtual pint! :ok :ok

Re: Help with horses that place? (Placepot Help!) The best pointers I can give are these :- 1) Find a horse that the conditions of the race suits - form figures i.e. 5306 may look bad and you would usually avoid, but you need to look at the race in which it placed and see if the conditions suit again. 2) Look for horses running into form some horses peak at certain times of the year rpr ratings and past form are good for this. 3) Look at significant jockey bookings i.e Mr Average has ridden for the last 4 races then Mr champion-contender gets a go (not being sexist) 4) Then market moves if a horse form looks a 16/1 chance and is sitting at 8/1 there's usually a good reason. I use a variety of sourses for this, it's not easy and the more time you put in the better the results - as Gary Player once answered to somebody who said he was lucky "the more I practise the luckier I get"

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.