scotland vs ireland

Guest IFK

in contrast to tonites other friendly fixtures this match is more likely to resemble a competitive fixture for 2 main reasons. 1). limited subs are to be employed and 2) both managers have stressed their desire to win this match. i have a gut feeling for Ireland - new manager, players wanting to impress, and scotland while recent results have been improving it isnt so long ago that people were refering to the present scotish side as the worst ever. what effect the keane factor will have on tonites performance is unclear but during the WC the irish team raised their game to prove that they arent a one-man team. i have a feeling they will do so again tonite. like to hear other thoughts before placing my bet....

Re: scotland vs ireland Here's what I'd written earlier in a different thread. Almost the opposite of your view, but I really am stinking lately so you could be right:

Call me optimistic, call me mad, call me what you like, but how about Scotland to beat Ireland @ 2.75? Ireland are missing most of their key players while Scotland look like putting a strong side out. Hutchison back in the squad too. Vogts has already said he won't be pissing about making loads of substitutions and he's demanding the players take the game seriously for the sake of the fans. Might be worth a couple of quid....... might be.

Re: scotland vs ireland God, I'd written out a huge rambling essay about tonight's game but it seemed a bit over the top so I've deleted it. Here's a link to some team news and stuff instead: news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/scotland/2750033.stm I really think Ireland's injury problems for tonight shouldn't be overlooked. Scotland are fielding just about their strongest team I think and 2.75 looks pretty damn good to me. Ignore me, I'm on a terrible run. :|

Guest dprovan

Re: HMM I think this game could really go either way and if anything should only be backed at an interest punt if you would dare to sit and watch it on tv:rolleyes ...

Re: HMM :lol :lol Toshibakid!! Sitting there reading your bloody Daily Record. Sitting there eating haggis and chips wearing a kilt. Any minute now you're gonna do the Highland fling. I bet you're ginger as well. And pure dead wee and hairy. Come out Tosh! Come out! You want to be a Scotsman :lol :lol