20070806 Virgin PL STT - Level 2

GaF

Re: 20070806 Virgin PL STT - Level 2 Uploaded it on Friday, but seems to be stuck in some kind of limbo (codec related I'm guessing :unsure) so isn't visible yet ... will redo it tomorrow with a different codec if it doesn't sort itself out.... Strange things happening though.... Level 1 has had 19 views Level 2 has had 46 views The whole thing (which I haven't put the url up for) has had 146 views :loon Can only assume another forum have found it themselves and having their own look at it :unsure

Re: 20070806 Virgin PL STT - Level 2 I've just been catching up on this thread, and it's really interesting, not so much because of the hands played, but because of the more general comments. I think my general style of play is quite similar to GaF's (we've probably read the same books) and I suspect I'm also quite predictable to those who are paying attention. The thing I'm most conscious of being very bad at is paying attention to other players. I very rarely play for amounts of money that really matter to me (if I did play at that level, I'm sure I'd lose, as I'm not good enough), and I find it hard to force myself to concentrate as much as I should. I think I enjoy PL games, even for very small stakes, partly because I have picked up bits and pieces of how particular people play (although embarrassingly little considering how often I've played against them) and that adds a lot to the enjoyment. Also, I think I'm significantly better at STTs than MTTs at a reasonably high buy-in ($50 on Boss is my game of choice at the moment), possibly because it's a bit less important to watch your opponents. I also think I play better when I do play for higher stakes or when I play heads-up, as I do pay more attention: in the first case I force myself to, and in the second it's hard not to.