PGA Championship 09/08-12/08

So last week we saw Tiger (kind've expectedly) destroy the field. He's won their 6times, it's not a bad place for him. However, at the next venue he hasnt fared quite as well so I'm going ignore him again at my peril. There are a few silly prices this week and hopefully we can take advantage of them. Firstly Shaun Micheel @ 201. Am I going insane? Probably. But this price is ridiculous IMO. I know the PGA isnt played in the same place every year but this guys record here is awesome. He has 1 career win - the PGA Champ, and 1 career 2nd - the PGA Champ. How can you ignore him? While his putting may not be great, he is in the top 35 for both GIR and Driving accuracy which will be very important at this shot makers course AND adding to that he should be confident coming off a T6 in Reno and a T35 at the Open showing he is finding form again. 201 is way too big. Steve Flesch @ 201 also looks way too big. This is a guy who has finished in the top 25 5times in his 9attempts. Not a bad record. Adding to that he is coming off a demolition of the best of the rest in Reno so he will be full of confidence. His worst stat was his putting - T15 for the week on that stat! Incredible. Full of confidence at an event he likes. 201? I'll take that. No I'm going to keep faith in two guys I feel were unlucky in my tipping last week. Kenny Perry @ 81. He is a true ball striker. He has 6 top 15s in a row. Do I need to say anymore? OK, well this is the one major he will be desperate to win considering he came so close finishing 2nd in 1996. He will be there or there abouts come sunday and this price is just silly. Hunter Mahan @ 67. He went to Oklahoma State, he has finished in the top 25 in his last 7 events including the Open where he finished T6 after a scintillating weekend. He is 1st for total driving and 4th for all around ranking. the only thing is - can he keep it up for 4days? I think so. However, see the saver below incase he starts fast and runs out of steam. Hunter Mahan first round leader @ 51. Not only is he a genuine contender but a fast starter. Has led in 3 of his past 5 events after one round. These 5 rounds include two 62s and leading last week with all the big names in contention. GL

Re: PGA Championship 09/08-12/08 I think its Vijay for me at 22/1. Real big hitter who i'm hoping might raise his game for this tournament. I also spotted Shaun Micheel who i think might warrant a few quid each way. But my other bet i think will be Scott Verplank who is really playing well at the moment. Not sure about the odds for him but he is a real straight hitter which will be a big advantage on this course.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.