** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Zambia-Tanzania

Guest peter orchard

Guest peter orchard

Top team from Tanzania, Simba, I believe, has just played a big game in Egypt but the guys can't seem to find anyone to pay the air fare for their return for the game in Zambia tomorrow and Simba includes 7 international players. In addition (and the woes just continue to dog this team) the squad that had managed to assemble in Tanzania prior to departure were told to get on the bus because there was no money for their air fare either. The bus journey is a mere cough and a spit in African terms but 1800 km is more than a day trip to Blackpool and the guys were said to be tired and pissed off before they got on the bus. Zambia is 1.20 @ Gamebookers but I've stuck Germany on the end and arrived at a comfortable 1.92:hat

Guest breathethatdownyerneck

Re: Zambia Zambia won 2-0 No great surprise, but thanks for pointing it out...I got on it with a treble with Nigeria (beat Malawi 4-1) and Sweden (won 6-0) Might start an African Nations Cup thread because there are some incredibly one-sided affairs in these qualifying stages! Nigeria put out their full strength team and cruised to a victory. Mind you, there are some additional elements that sometimes affect the result.... news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/...972252.stm Witchcraft being used in an international football match! Whatever next??? :rollin

Guest peter orchard

Re: Zambia The live scores are a bit of a problem and I only found the Zambia result late Saturday. If anyone does have a reliable source it would be good to have about now. These games can be tricky sometimes because there are factors that can affect the outcome that we aren't always aware of . ie disputes over travel arrangements which seem to be a feature of these games and politics, of course! Why did Zimbabwe lose to The Seychelles? Are they putting the effort in? Thorough research is vital. :D

Guest peter orchard

Re: Zambia Thanks guys. Looks like the BBC is the closest thing to live African football though it's hardly cutting edge stuff the way the scoreboard ticks over once a flood. I could do that job. :D

• 1 month later...