** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Sweden, Allsvenskan 4 - 6/8

Re: Sweden, Allsvenskan 4 - 6/8 Ok, I've decided to back Malmö @ 2.15 (Nordic), they have showed signs of improvement, Helsingborg with the problems already mentioned, I must give Malmö at least 50% today.

Re: Sweden, Allsvenskan 4 - 6/8

Kimera: Yet again some great reasoning from you, I totally agree with you. It's strange that Malmö can be so lame, and one possible reason may certainly be some kind of conflict between Åkeby and the players. Helsingborg, on the other hand, acts strange, the sell players to other Swedish clubs during the season, Stefanidis was their best player vs AIK and Björk left a void too. They also have big problems performing with any kind of consistancy, I can't work them out. I find a value in Nordic's 2.15 for Malmö, maybe under at 2.00 too.
Have to laugh a bit knowing that my reasoning has been worth nothing more than the buttons on the keyboard where the words have been written earlier. I guess it has to turn someday, and why not in the same way you believe that Malmø will get their first home victory since 28th of april!?! I guess it would be much up to how Helsingborgs choice of tactics today. If they go for the normal 4-4-2 they sure could be dangerous with strikers Omotoyossi (13/7) and Larsson (13/3) in front. A formation like that might also mean some defensive problems, letting 2 goals behind in 4 of the last 5 matches. Do remember the note from my previous posts about the difference playing home/away in Helsingborg though. Defensively the mentioned centre-back Samir Beloufa (11/1) is out. He has been playing in mid-defence on and off this season, mostly with newly sold Fredrik Bjørck. It will probably be Jakobsson (15/3) and Rønningberg (6/0) who will pair up in the middle and they have not played together much this season. When looking at their formation last time against Trans Narva, a 4-1-4-1 or might be a 4-5-1, they may have tried how it would look without key winger Stefanidis. A difficult match this one, as any in this league, but the time for Malmøs injury-free squad to step up to the task must be close, and why not at a local derby with heavy tension to do it in. Leening towards the home win more now, still a little undecided yet. Still some hours until kick-off...

Re: Sweden, Allsvenskan 4 - 6/8 Read in the local paper today that Baxter is thinking about playing 3 in midfield. It remains to be seen if he will. Apparently they tried that last season as well against MFF, and didn't go too well? So my guess is he will field a 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 formation today. The fact that HIF are selling all their best players can't be a good sign. Several key players have left after last season and during this. Think I will follow GG today, both teams are hard to predict but MFF should have enough to beat a weaker HIF side. I can get 2,10 for a HW, and i certainly see some value in it. GL to all that bet today. :hope

Re: Sweden, Allsvenskan 4 - 6/8 Kimera: Ok, but I'll risk it anyway, can't do anything else as I share your opinion totally. This is a tough match, but I still see a value in over evens for Malmö, despite their shaky form and poor record at home. Saber: I won't be surprised if Baxter goes for Larsson as the only attacker this evening, Helsingborg has to do something about their defence, they have given away too many goals so far. Still thinking about under...

Kimera: Ok' date=' but I'll risk it anyway, can't do anything else as I share your opinion totally. This is a tough match, but I still see a value in over evens for Malmö, despite their shaky form and poor record at home.[/quote'] Hehe, got some flashbacks from some royal leagues battles back in the day now...:clap Have decided to try out Malmø to win, taking it now, seing the odds will drop some. Another factor which convinces me a little is that Junior and Johansson haven`t got many matches together up front this year because of injuries. Earlier they have proven to be very dangerous and they have had some time getting along again now, thinking this match might be a breaktrough for the partnership again. Also a small stake on the under, expecting Helsingborg not taking any big chances offensively and this being a local derby...

Re: Sweden, Allsvenskan 4 - 6/8 I can only agree with what previous contributors have said. Malmö, finally with an injury free squad that, according to several staff members as well as players, have strengthened the competition for a place in the first 11'n and Helsingborg with alot of goals scored in the last few matches, not only against the (weak)opposition in the UEFA cup qualitfication.

My personal opinion is that Malmö performed well both against Djurgården and Hammarby and really deserved at least a draw against the latter. The return of Jonathan Johansson has once again added an extra dimension to Malmo and if Junior (if not replaced by Skoog that is, which some rumours suggest) can only pass the ball on one or two touches every once in a while, like he did in some parts of the Hammarby battle, I think Malmö can create some decent chances against the fairly slow Andreas Jacobsson and "experience lacking" Oskar Rönningberg. Also keep a special eye on former Feynoord youth professional Labinot Harbuzi who really showed his quality in the last game.

As said before, both MFF and HIF are underperforming this season (at least based on the expectations at the start of the season) which adds alot of pressure to this rivalry derby. Even though Malmö has performed quite horribly in almost all home matches this season with three 1-1 draws and two losses in a row (Kalmar and Halmstad) I don't see them losing today. I play a straight win with a small bet on a 1-1 CS in case Malmö wants to continue their 1-1 trend.

Malmö to win 2.10 @ Sportingbet

1-1 CS

Re: Sweden, Allsvenskan 4 - 6/8 It's the kind of game where anything can happen and either team can completely turn their season around. What I like about Helsingborg is their spirit. Often they've fallen behind but made remarkable comebacks, goals in extra time and so on. I also think Baxter is a better coach than Åkeby, and I remember their great run last autumn. Malmö is a much less exciting team. Not sure if they'll rise to the occasion. Still thinking about this one, but I might just do an Asian goalline play on Helsingborg. If I do, then obviously Malmö will win and you guys will all get paid :)

Re: Sweden, Allsvenskan 4 - 6/8 ...btw, I also think that the Under might be worth a punt today (as proposed by other as well :)). As the stats show, Malmö have gone under in 10 of the 15 games played so far this season. Looking at the matches it is quite clear that Malmö has problems in their the offensive game. Without Johansson and Junior in the crazy form they showed last year it is clear that Malmö lacks the creative genious at the midfield as well as wingers with the ability to provide good enough support. Even though Harbuzi showed some great potential as playmaker I don't think it will result in a ice-breaking offensive performance from Malmo today, perhaps further on if Babis Stefanidis finds his place in the 11'n. Helsingborg on the other hand need to sharpen up their defence after the loss of Fredrik Björk and I think they will focus, at least in the first half, to secure their defence. Last but not least, both managers Baxter and Åkeby, are under a lot of pressure that neither of them can risk loosing this game. Consider Under 2.5 goals @ 1.95 (Sportingodds) taken with a few units (1-0 or 2-0 to Malmö).

Saber: I won't be surprised if Baxter goes for Larsson as the only attacker this evening' date=' Helsingborg has to do something about their defence, they have given away too many goals so far. Still thinking about under...[/quote'] Agree, I think so too. I think he will want to tighten up at the back and play Larsson as the lone striker. Which is why I also agree on your thoughts about a possible under. But I think I'll wait untill starting lineups are confirmed. But I think it's pretty much confirmed that MFF are struggling for goals lately, 9:10 in goal difference in last 10 games. HIF have 17:15. Just hope that MFF keep it tight at home now again, and win with 1-0 or something. :) It was about this time, 15 games into the season, that HIF started to rack up the points. Think they only lost 1 game from then and was actually top team (best form) during that period in the league. But I can't see it happening again this time, considering they aren't as strong. But I agree that I think Baxter is the better manager here. Won't be staking too much on this game, saving some of the money for the weekend Euro bets. ;)

Re: Sweden, Allsvenskan 4 - 6/8 Ended 1-1, the under went in though. Still it could have gone both ways when both teams spoiled many chances. Omotoyussi being a real threat for Helsingborg and Malmøs strikers didn`t manage to produce again, even if Junior got their lone goal.

Re: Sweden, Allsvenskan 4 - 6/8 The game didn't quite live up to the expectations. Small payout on my Asian, but Helsingborg should have won it IMO. Something is very wrong in Malmö. Good night for me though, as I had Zagreb and Beitar too. I lost a little on Levski-Tampere. Still, hope Tampere make it to the CL!

Re: Sweden, Allsvenskan 4 - 6/8 Yup, could have ended either way imo, Malmö showed many signs of a team in deep trouble, nearly shit their pants when up 1-0, a lot more afraid to loose than eager to win. A draw was not a good result for Malmö or Helsingborg, and Malmö keep their habit of scoring only one goal, a sure under team this season.