** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Africa Cup 2004 Qualification 05/07/2003

Hello User, this weekend I want bet on really nice games for the Africa Cup 2004 Qualification. I have to say that I am not a insider of the African Soccer/Football but some games are really clear for me. So, here my picks for the weekend and I hope to get some feedback of the user. Burundi – South Africa Pick 2 primebet.com @ 1.45 In three games South Africa reached 7 points (4:1 goals). Burundi is on the last place (3rd place) with 0 points and 1:9 goals. The first game between South Africa and Burundi South Africa could win with 2:0 (Mayo, Buckley). The last game South Africa could win against Ivory Coast (1st place with 7 points and 8-3 goals) with 2-1. Burundi lost their game in Ivory Coast with 1:6. But at home they are a little bit better – at home they lost against Ivory only with 0:1. But I think here should South Africa win clearly- because who is Burundi?! I hope South Africa will win clearly this match. So what’s your opinion. Please let me know! Have a nice weekend!

Guest stebed

south africa Agree with your logic zuzu, south sfrica are becoming a relativley strong footballing nation and have an obvious chance against burundi. The thinking behind this being a strong contingent of european based south african players: mccarthy, radebe, fortune, bartlett, no doubt theres a few ive missed out. Does anyone know if that bloke who played for leeds up front and looked quite average, then moved to italy some team like Bari or como and scored a bag full of goals still play for the national team or can anyone even remember his name? Anyway 1.55 is available for the away win with globet and this seem ok value.

Guest stebed

south africa Bit easier to see the full picture when you look at the group table. Also Bartlett and Mccarthy played upfront together in the last game. SA need one point to qualify but Burundi's record is rubbish: CAN qualifying Group 11 W D L F A GD Pts Ivory Coast 2 1 1 8 3 5 7 South Africa 2 1 0 4 1 3 7 Burundi 0 0 3 1 9 -8 0 Results and Fixtures: 08/09/02 Ivory Coast 0-0 South Africa 13/10/02 South Africa 2-0 Burundi 30/03/03 Burundi 0-1 Ivory Coast 08/06/03 Ivory Coast 6-1 Burundi 22/06/03 South Africa 2-1 Ivory Coast

Team news *snipped from gb* South Africa squad for Burundi JOHANNESBURG, June 27 (AFP) - South Africa squad for a 2004 African Nations Cup qualifier against Burundi on July 6 in Bujumbura: Goalkeeper: Andre Arendse (Sundowns) and Moneeb Josephs (Ajax Cape Town) Defenders: Lucky Lekgwathi and Mbulelo Mabizela (Orlando Pirates), Bradley Carnell (Borussia Moenchengladbach/GER), Tony Coyle (Wits University), Jacob Lekgetho (Lokomotiv Moscow/RUS), Aaron Mokoena (Germinal Beerschot/BEL), Thabang Molefe (Jomo Cosmos) Midfielders: Stanton Fredericks and Jabulani Mendu (Kaizer Chiefs), Delron Buckley (VfL Bochum/GER), Clement Mazibuko (Bush Bucks), Benson Mhlongo (Wits), Teboho Mokoena (Cosmos), Steven Pienaar (Ajax Amsterdam/NED), Godfrey Sapula (Sundowns), Macbeth Sibaya (Rubin Kazan/RUS), Sibusiso Zuma (Copenhagen/DEN), Japhet Zwane (Rostov/RUS) Strikers: Shaun Bartlett (Charlton/ENG), Benni McCarthy (Celta Vigo/SPA), Siyabonga Nomvete (Udinese/ITA) quite a number of players plying their trade in europe, seems good enough for a comfortable win. ;)

Guest Postman Pat

Re: Africa Cup 2004 Qualification 05/07/2003 Central African Rep. - Burkina Faso @ 1.95 0-3 Burkina Faso (ed where?) had a bad start to this comp with a draw with Congo and a defeat to Mozambique. They should be too strong for a very poor Central African side. Kenya - Cape Verde Islands @ 1.4 1-0 Kenya are strong at home with only wins and a 7-0 goal diff. Cape Verde have had a good tournement but won't win this. Kenya won the reverse fixture 1-0. Mauritania - Togo @ 1.5 0-0 Togo have to win and hope the Kenyans slip up. Mauritania are awful and haven't scored a goal in the tournement as yet. Equatorial Guinea - Marocco @ 1.6 0-1 Marocco have all but qualified but they won the reverse fixture 5-0. Equatorial Guinea are a very poor side and I see Morocco winning easily again. Botswana - Congo Dr @ 1.8 0-0 Congo need just 1 point to qualify and they face a very poor side in Botswana. (Cover with draw?)