CONCACAF Gold Cup

13/7/03 Mexico vs. Brazil Played at Mexico City Brazil, Honduras and co-host country Mexico are grouped together, first match between hosts Mexico and Brazil will be well supported by Mexicans in their capital city. Brazil had a poor outing in the Confederations Cup, failing to qualify for the later stages. Same team roster has been submitted for the CONCACAF Gold Cup competition...no Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Rivaldo & other big names. I think Mexico can be backed not to lose this match, anyone else watching this competition? cheers Sker ---- Mexico 1-0 :D

Guest kojic2003

Re: CONCACAF Gold Cup I wasn't concentrating on this cup,but I have changed my mind when I saw these odds!And odds show that Mexico and USA are the main favourits to win the cup.Brazil is on position 3 with odd 5.00(gamebookers)!!!They were not so impressive in Confederation cup,I agree,but come on!Maybe they will play without big stars(Ronaldo,Rivaldo,R.Carlos,...),but anyway I think that Brazil still has quality to play against these opponents.Second interesanting bet is Columbia to win GC with odd 6.00.I watched only one their match,against Turkey.And I must say that I'm very impressed with their performances.Columbia has very fast players,they play very offensive,and their tehnique is very good.So for me: Brazil to win GC@5.00 Columbia to win GC@6.00 *gamebookers*

Guest Justin O

hmmm With all do respect I have to disagree. This is Brazil's under 23 side. I can't see them beating Mexico in Mexico City. I even think Honduras might beat them. Remeber, both Mexico and Brazil beat another young Brazil team in the Copa American not long ago. Honduras a very underrated. When they're on their game they can be as tough as anyone in CONCACAF. I was told (though have not verified) that Colombia is bringing a weaker squad than the team that played in France. In any case, can this be anything more than a vacation in Miami for the Colombian players? I'm taking a shot at an upset with Jamaica over Colombia this weekend. That's risky, given that Jamaica is rather unpredictable (they've lost to Cuba and beaten Paraguay in the last couple of weeks) but they've got a good squad of talented English and US based players and I think might pull of a surprise. The USA should have no trouble wit their very weak group. Costa Rica should win their's as well. Neither Canada nor Cuba really have anyone that can put the ball in the back of the net. It's always a bit risky betting against Canada, however, as they can really pack it in on defense and squeeze out a 0-0 result against any team in the Gold Cup. Maybe cover bets agaist Canada with 0-0 correct score if possible. Canad-Cuba will be a very boring match but will certainly determine the second pace spot. Guatemala could be a surprise here. They actually did very well in World Cup qualifying last time around, though it didn't really seem like it. The finished slightly behind th USA and Costa Rica, against whom they lost a 1 game play-off to determine which team advanced to the final round of CONCACAF qualifying. Given that both the USA and Costa Rica qualified for, and played very well in, the World Cup, that was clearly a very respecatble showing. I'll take Mexico over Honduras in one semi final and the USA over Costa Rica in the other (Costa Rica are coached by American Steve Sampson who coached the US in the France '98 debacle!), in the final match in Mexico City I'll take Mexico over the USA 2-0.

GOLD CUP I know much hype has been going on about the fact that this isn't Brazil's first team, but does anyone out there really know if Mexico and the other lesser teams are fielding their first teams? :p The sort of nonsensical results I've seen so far(Costa Rica who held Turkey to a draw at last year's WC actually losing 1-0 to the can't-remember-the-last-time-they-won Canada) would go far to suggest teams like Mexico may not even be serious about this tournament, nevermind if they're co-hosts. Consider this along with the pressure Carlos Alberto Perreira has come under following their dismal showing at the Confed Cup, few could question the Brazilians are now richer for both the experience and desire to succeed - and if the Mexicans are gonna approach this in a way as though they're strolling in the park, then they could well be in for a hiding. :\ The US aside(funnily though, USA never seems to dissapoint in such mickey mouse competitions and senseless friendlies), I can't find any team reliable enough to have a good pop at. Nevertheless, just gone to lay the draw between Brazil and Mexico - can't remember the last time Brazil drew... ;)

Guest zero79

Canada-Cuba I think there are quite interesting odds here, but I'm not so sure about the Cuban team; do you know if it's realistic for them to beat Canada?

Guest Tonyvdb

Re: Canada-Cuba Cuba beat Jamaica a while ago (2-1), so I think it's a risk to bet on Canada at only 1,8-1,9. I'd rather bet on the USA beating dwarfs Martinique. Even at 1,10 it's a good price, I think ...

Guest zero79

Re: Canada-Cuba I've found a place where Canada is at 2,00. I was reading some stuff at fifa.com about cuba and canada, it seems that canada is in good shape, while cuba depends often on moods; moreover, they play at boston, so cuba won't have a lot of fans and cubans players are quite good at home but not away. I'm tempted of betting a double with both canada and usa winning.

Re: Canada-Cuba As usual, I'll just lay the draw - Canada is quite simply a team you'd never want to back(certainly not when they're the fave anyway! :eek ) much as they're likely to win against what is a very average Cuban side. :p

Canada-Cuba Cuba is not to be under-estimated, recent rankings have risen fastest among all CONCACAF teams. Canada played first game against Costa Rica just 2 days ago, while this is Cuba's first game. Canada at 2.00 is not value as I do not think they have a >50% chance of winning this match. I've got Cuba +0.5 at 1.975 (PointB) .... missed 2.00 at open by seconds :\ ...now at 1.93 though. Good luck! ********** Canada 0 Cuba 2 :rollin

Guest Tonyvdb

Re: Canada-Cuba Still I couldn't resist Canada at 2,00 ... Though I'm still hesitating to bet big on USA against Martinique (now at 1,12) Are Martinique really THAT bad?? Which level do they have? Far-Oer or San Marino?

Guest zm304

Canada-Cuba Many people bet on Canada! In my country's bookie, the initial Asian Handicap was LEVLE, and now, it is Canada -0.5. I don't think Canada really have so much advantage, maybe the boat is too heavy I am afraid Canada cant win.

Guest Justin O

general comments Costa Rica thoroughly dominated Canada despite the 1-0 loss. They had chance after chance but couldn't find the back of he net. Canada put away their only real chance of the match to get a rather flukey win. Costa Rica have brought a near full strength squad but that loss really hurts. It means a likely match up against the US in the quarters. While I don't expect Martinique to beat the USA, be careful, Martinique were the surprise of this tournament last year. They beat Trinadad and Tobago, lost to Costa Rica 2-0 and lost in the quarter finals on penalties to Canada after a 0-0 full time. They aren't an officially FIFA-sanctioned team due their political status vis a vis France. Motivation is typically an issue for the Mexicans in this tournament. They generally bring very weak squads. But this time, with matches (including the final) being played in Mexico City, they are bringing a tougher squad and I really don't see a lack of motivation being a problem with them. Guatemala and Honduras are the potential surprises. Honduras, the USA, Mexico and Costa Rica were really all at about the same level during World Cup 2002 qualifications. Honduras were unlucky to be the odd team out. Then in the Copa America they beat Brazil 2-0 on their way to a very impressive third place in the tournament. Guatemala was knocked out of the group stage of CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers, but finished tied on points with Costa Rica, just a little behind the USA. They lost to Costa Rica in a 1-match play-off. Given the performances of the USA and Costa Rica in the World Cup, that was a very respectable showing. Motivation is not generally an issue for the "lesser sides" (ie teams besides US and Mexico) in this tournament. With World Cup qualifying far from a sure thing, this is the most prestigeous trophy the sides can reasonably expect to win over the next few decades. They are all always motivated to beat the US and Mexico, regardless of the competition. And the rivalries between the countries, particularly between the Central American countries, are intense enough to boost motivation significantly. From the CONCACAF site posted a few days ago: 2003 CONCACAF Gold Cup Rosters BRAZIL GK: Gomes (Cruzeiro), Negri (Ponte Preta); DF: Adriano (Coritiba), Alex (Santos FC), André Bahia (Flamengo), Luisao (Cruzeiro), Coelho (Corinthians), Maicon (Cruzeiro); MD: Diego (Santos FC), Fabríco (Corinthians), Júlio Baptista (Sao Paulo), Paulinho (Atlético Mineiro), Robinho (Santos FC), Thiago Motta (Barcelona FC/ESP); AT: Ewerthon (Borussia/GER), Kaká (Sao Paulo), Nadson (EC Vitoria), Nilmar (Internacional). TD: Carlos Alberto PARREIRA Coach: Ricardo Gomes RAYMUNDO Alternates GK: Diego Cavalieri (Palmeiras); DF: Edu Dracena (Cruceiro), Michel (Atlético Mineiro); MD: Carlos Alberto (Flumiense), Marcinho (Sao Caetano), Paulo Almeida Santos (Santos FC); AT: Vagner (Palmeiras) CANADA GK: Lars Hirschfeld (Tottenham Hotspur/ENG), Pat Onstad (San Jose Earthquakes/USA); DF: Nick Dasovic (Vancouver Whitecaps), Jason DeVos (Wigan Athletic FC/ENG), Paul Fenwick (Hibernian FC/SCO), Kevin McKenna (Hearts of Midiothian/SCO), Nevio Pizzolitto (L’Impact de Montréal), Chris Pozniak (Orebro/SWE); MD: Jason Bent (Plymouth Argyle FC/ENG), Maycoll Canizalez (SV Werder Bremen/GER), Richard Hasting (Graz AK/AUT), Iain Hume (Tranmere Rovers FC/ENG), Daniel Imhof (FC St-Gallen/SUI), Mike Klukowski (RAA La Louviere/BEL), Martin Nash (L’Impact de Montréal), Paul Stalteri (SV Werder Bremen/GER), Davide Xausa (Livingston FC/SCO); AT: Carlos Corazzin (no club). TD: Holger OSIECK Alternates GK: Kenny Stamatopoulous (no club); DF: Carl Fletcher (Atlanta Silverbacks/USA D2), Mark Rodgers (Wycombe/ENG); MD: Atiba Hutchinson (Osters IF/SWE), Ante Jazic (SK Rapid Wien/AUT), Tam Nsaliwa (FC Saarbrucken/GER D2); AT: Robert Friend (Moss FK/NOR). COLOMBIA GK: Juan Carlos Henao (Once Caldas), Farid Mondragón (Galatasaray/TUR); DF: Ruben Dario Bustos (América de Cali), José Mera (Deportivo Cali), Luis Amaranto Perea (Independiente Medellín), Andrés Orozco (Racing Club/ARG), Gerardo Vallejo (Deportivo Cali), Killian Eduardo Virviescas (América de Cali); MD: Jorge Lopez Caballero (Millonarios), David Ferreira (América de Cali), Giovanni Hernández (Deportivo Cali), David Montoya (Independiente Medellín), Mauricio Molina (Independiente Medellín), Jairo Patiño (Deportivo Cali), John Javier Restrepo (Independiente Medellín), Ruben Dario Velásquez (Once Caldas); AT: Jairo Castillo Cortes (América de Cali), Julián Vásquez (América de Cali). TD: Francisco MATURANA Alternates GK: David Gonzales (Independiente Medellín); DF: Robinson Muñoz (Envigado); MD: Freddy Grisales (Atlético Nacional), John Harold Lozano (Real Mallorca/ESP), Elkin Murillo (Deportivo Cali), Arnuflo Valentierra (Once Caldas), Fabián Vargas (América de Cali). COSTA RICA GK: Ricardo González (LD Alajuelense), Ãlvaro Mesén (LD Alajuelense); DF: Alexander Castro (LD Alajuelense), Carlos Castro (FC Rubin Kazan/RUS), Pablo Chinchilla (LD Alajuelense), Leonardo González (Club Sport Herediano), Wilmer López (LD Alajuelense), Luis Marín (LD Alajuelense), Gilberto Martínez (Brescia Calcio/ITA), Mauricio Wright (AEK Athens/GRE); MD: Try Bennett (Deportivo Saprissa), Walter Centeno (AEK Athens/GRE), Mauricio Solís (OFI Crete/GRE), Daniel Vallejos (Club Sport Herediano); AT: Steven Bryce (LD Alajuelense), Rolando Fonseca (LD Alajuelense), Winston Parks (Lokomotiv Moskva FC/RUS), Erick Scott (LD Alajuelense). TD: Steve SAMPSON Alternates GK: Adrián De Lemus (Club Sport Herediano); DF: Jervis Drummond (Deportivo Saprissa), Danny Fonseca (Club Sport Cartaginés), Harold Wallace (Real San Luis/MEX); MD: Jafeth Soto (Club Sport Herediano); AT: Gerald Drummond (Deportivo Saprissa), Ãlvaro Saborío (Deportivo Saprissa). CUBA GK: Odelin Molina (Villa Clara), Alexis Revé (Villa Clara); DF: Alexander Cruzata (Holguin), Reizander Fernández (Ciego de Avila), Silvio Pedro Miñoso (Villa Clara), Nayuri Rivero (Malanzas), Lázaro Ruiz (Villa Clara); MD: Jaime Colome (Ciudad Habana), Rene Estrada Infante (Industralies), Jeniel Marquéz (Villa Clara), Liván Pérez (Ciego de Avila), Jorge Ramírez (Granma); AT: Alain Cervantes (Ciego de Avila), Lazaro Dalcourt (Pinar del Rio), Pedro Adriani Faife (Villa Clara), Maikel Galindo Castañeda (Villa Clara), Eduardo Morales (Malanzas), Lester Moré (Ciego de Avila). TD: Miguel COMPANY Alternates GK: Vismel Castellano (Ciudad Habana); DF: Carlos Manuel Madrigal (Sancti Spiritus); MD: Lazaro Alfonso (Ciudad Habana), Yunier Escalona (Adiana), Lázaro Reyes (Pinar del Rio); AT: Gisbel Morales (Pinar del Rio), Serguei Prado (Villa Clara). EL SALVADOR GK: Juan Jose Gomez (CD Ãguila), Henry Edimar Hernández (CD Ãguila); DF: Julio Alexander Castro (CD Arcense), Marvin Rene Gonzalez (CD F.A.S.), Alfredo Alberto Pacheco (CD F.A.S.), William Antonio Torres (San Salvador), William Jeoani Torres (CD El Dragón), Victor Manuel Velásquez (CD F.A.S.); MD: Santos Dagoberto Cabrera (CD Luis Angel Firpo), Guillermo Jose Morán (CD Luis Angel Firpo), Carlos Alberto Menjivar (CD F.A.S.), Gilberto Alfredo Murgas (CD F.A.S.), Oscar Alberto Navarro (Alianza F.C.), Roberto Alexander Ochoa (Atlético Balboa), Ramon Alfredo Sánchez (CD Arcense); AT: Juan Alexander Campos (CD Ãguila), Rudis Alberto Corrales (Municipal Limeño), Diego Armando Mejia (Alianza F.C.). TD: Juan Ramon PAREDES Alternates GK: Jassir Orlando Deras (no club); DF: Mauricio Arnoldo Quintanilla (CD Luis Angel Firpo), Rene Alexander Ramos (AD Isidro Metapan); MD: Cristian Edgardo Alvarez (CD F.A.S.), Selvin Hernan Gonzalez (Alianza F.C.); AT: Jose Antonio Mejia (San Salvador). GUATEMALA GK: Edgar Eladio Estrada (CSD Comunicaciones), Ricardo Alberto Triqueño (Aurora FC); DF: Rolando Jose Cedeño (Jaguares de Chiapas/MEX), Mynor Ivan Gonzalez (Southern Methodist University/USA), Alvaro Jose Jiménez (CSD Comunicaciones), Julio Cesar Monterroso (Juventud Retalteca), Nelson Noel Morales (Club Coban Imperial), Mario Rafael Rodríguez (CSD Comunicaciones), Edgar Everaldo Valencia (CSD Comunicaciones); MD: Hector Giovani Aguirre (Aurora FC), Freddy Alexander García (Columbus Crew/USA), Martin Alejandro Machon (CSD Comunicaciones), Gonzalo Antonio Romero (CSD Municipal), Fredy Williams Thompson (CSD Comunicaciones); AT: Mario Geovani Acevedo (CSD Municipal), Dwight Antony Pezzarossi (Racing de Ferrol CF/ESP), Juan Carlos Plata (CSD Municipal), Carlos Humberto Ruiz (Los Angeles Galaxy/USA). TD: Víctor Manuel AGUADO Alternates GK: Paulo Cesar Motta (Juventud Retalteca); DF: Edvin Anibal Gonzalez (CD Marquense), Nestor Fernando Martinez (CSD Comunicaciones); MD: Claudio Josue Albizuris (CSD Municipal), Jose Zacarias Antonio (Juventud Retalteca); AT: Ricardo José Arenas (Southern Methodist University/USA), Jose Manuel Mendoza (Club Coban Imperial). HONDURAS GK: Víctor Arturo Coello (CD Maratón), Héctor Medina (Universidad NAH); DF: Edgar Anthony Alvarez (CD Platense), Javier Omar Martínez (CD Maratón), Ninrod Edgardo Medina (Zacatepec/MEX), Rony Edgardo Morales (CD Platense), Milton José Palacios (CD Olimpia), Wilson Roberto Palacios (CD Olimpia), Jaime Heilberto Rosales (Real CD España), Oscar David Suazo (Cagliari Calcio/ITA); MD: Luis Eduardo Guifarro (CD Maratón), Julio César León (Reggina Calcio/ITA), José Luis Pineda (CA River Plate/ARG), Elvis Danilo Turcios (U.A.G./MEX); AT: Walter Joel Hernández (CD Platense), Emil José Martínez (CD Maratón), Jairo Martínez (CD Motagua), Wilmer Neal Velásquez (CD Olimpia). TD: Edwin PAVÓN Alternates GK: John Alston Bodden (Victoria); DF: Julio César Suazo (SV Wüstenrot Salzburg/AUT), Erick Cecilio Vallecillo (Real CD España); MD: Oscar Armando Bonilla (CD Olimpia), Mauricio Fernando Castro (CD Motagua), Carlos Alberto Oliva (Real CD España), Cristian Santamaría (CS Cartaginés/CRC). JAMAICA GK: Aaron Lawrence (Reno FC), Donovan Ricketts (Village United FC); DF: Omar Daley (Hazard United FC), Claude Davis (Hazard United FC), Michael Johnson (Birmingham City FC/ENG), Tyrone Marshall (Los Angeles Galaxy/USA), Marco McDonald (Tivoli Gardens FC), Gerald Neil (Arnett Gardens FC), Damion Stewart (Harbour View FC), Craig Ziadie (NY/NJ MetroStars/USA); MD: Ricardo Gardner (Bolton Wanderes/ENG), Jermaine Johnson (Bolton Wanderers/ENG D3), Richard Langley (Queens Park FC/ENG D2), James Lawrence (Walsall/ENG D1), Theodore Whitmore (Seba United FC), Andrew Williams (Chicago Fire/USA); AT: Darren Byfield (Rotherham FC/ENG D1), Fabian Taylor (Harbour View FC). TD: Carl BROWN Alternates GK: Shawn Sawyers (Hazard United FC); DF: Robert Scarlett (Harbour View FC); MD: Cornel Chin-Sue (Arnett Gardens FC), Fabian Dawkins (Village United FC); AT: Kevin Lisbie (Charlton Athletic/ENG), Onandi Lowe (Rushden & Diamonds/ENG D3), Roen Nelson (Hazard United FC). MARTINIQUE GK: Jean-Francois Go (CS Case Pilote), Olivier Sylvius (Ecmulation); DF: William Anin (Club Franciscain), Audrey Bapin (CS Vauclinois), David Dicanot (Club Franciscain), Laurent Lagrand (Club Franciscain), Stéphane Suedile (Golden Star), Judes Vaton (Samaritaine); MD: Roberto Cinna (Stade Spiritain), Gael Germany (Samaritaine), Jean-Michel Michaud (Samaritaine), Willy Padoly (L’Aiglon du Lamentin), Steeve Riskwait (RC Riviére Pilote); AT: Rodrique Audel (Stade Spiritain), Miguel Duragrin (Etendard), Yann Girier-Dufournier (RC Riviére Pilote), José Gordon (CS Case Pilote), Dominique Reyal (Club Franciscain). TD: Théodore ANTONIN Alternates GK: Eddy Heurlie (ES Troyes/FRA); DF: José Pierre Fanfan (AS Monaco FC/FRA), Eric Mareval (AS Beauvois Oise/FRA), Fabrice Reuperné (SO Romorantin/FRA); MD: Charles-Edouard Coridon (Lens/FRA); AT: Patrick Percin (Club Franciscain), Frédéric Piquionne (Stade Rennais FC/FRA). MEXICO GK: Oscar Pérez (CDSC Cruz Azul), Oswaldo Sánchez (CD Guadalajara); DF: Omar Briceño (Tigres UANL), Melvin Brown (CDSC Cruz Azul), Salvador Carmona (CD Toluca FC), Rafael Marquez (AS Monaco FC/FRA), Mario Mendez (Atlas CF); MD: Pavel Pardo (Club América), Luis Pérez (CF Monterrey), Juan Pablo Rodríguez (Atlas CF), Fernando Salazar (Atlas CF), Mariano Trujillo (Pumas UNAM), Octavio Valdez (CD Toluca FC); AT: Jesus Arellano (CF Monterrey), Jared Borgetti (Club Santos Laguna), Omar Bravo (CD Guadalajara), Daniel Osorno (Atlas CF), Miguel Zepeda (CDSC Cruz Azul). TD: Ricardo LA VOLPE Alternates GK: Jose de Jesus Corona (Atlas CF); DF: Ricardo Osorio Mendoza (CDSC Cruz Azul); MD: Fernando Enrique Arce (Veracruz), Rafael García (CD Toluca FC), Eduardo Rergis (Atlante FC); AT: Adolfo Bautista (CA Morelia), Irving Rubirosa (Atlante FC). USA GK: Adin Brown (New England Revolution), Kasey Keller (Tottenham Hotspur/ENG); DF: Carlos Bocanegra (Chicago Fire), Dan Califf (Los Angeles Galaxy), Bobby Convey (D.C. United), Cory Gibbs (FC St. Pauli/GER), Frankie Hejduk (Columbus Crew), Greg Vanney (FC Bastia/FRA); MD: DaMarcus Beasley (Chicago Fire), Eddie Lewis (Preston North End/ENG D1), Pablo Mastroeni (Colorado Rapids), Richard Mulrooney (San Jose Earthquakes), Claudio Reyna (Sunderland/ENG), Earnie Stewart (D.C. United); Steve Ralston (New England Revolution) AT: Landon Donovan (San Jose Earthquakes), Clint Mathis (NY/NJ MetroStars), Brian McBride (Columbus Crew), TD: Bruce ARENA Alternates GK: Tim Howard (NY/NJ MetroStars); DF: C.J. Brown (Chicago Fire), Nick Garcia (Kansas City Wizards); MD: Chris Armas (Chicago Fire), Chris Klein (Kansas City Wizards), Steve Ralston (New England Revolution); AT: Taylor Twellman (New England Revolution).

Guest Tonyvdb

Re: Canada 0-2 Cuba Guatemala not to lose against Jamaica looks like a decent bet to me (Jamaica to lay 1,90 - 2,00) Guatemala was 3rd in the last WC-prequalifications with 10 points in a group with USA (11 pts.) and Costa Rica (10 pts.) and did not qualify only on goal difference.

Guest Justin O

Guatemala I like Guatemala not to lose as well. By the way, they lost to Costa Rica in a 1-game playoff, not on goal differential, after the first round of qualification.

Guest Tonyvdb

Re: El Salvador - Martinique El Salvador available at about 1,55. Seems like a decent odd to me ... Anyone can tell me why I should not bet on this?

Guest zero79

Cuba-Costa Rica What about Costa Rica winning over Cuba?Is CR going to play with its best players? I know they've lost against Canada, but seems as Canadians were very very lucky.

Cuba vs Costa Rica Costa Rica is favourite to win this match against the Cubans following surprise 1-0 loss to Canada. However, the Cubans showed that they can play well with 2-0 win over the Canadians. Cuba's win over Canada will prove to be motivational and the players will be pumped up for a good match. Costa Rica lost 2-0 to USA in last year's Gold Cup finals and has performed well in this competition since its inauguration from 1991, usually reaching the semi-finals at least. AH of +1 offered for the "home" team Cuba at 1.92 (BetInternet) is my bet as I do not see Costa Rica winning by 2 goals. Good Luck! ;) -------- Bad call :\ Costa Rica 3 Cuba 0

Re: El Salvador - Martinique El Salvador and Martinique both lost 2-0 to USA, the 2 teams are ranked 11th and 12th in the 12-team competition and even though El Salvador is ranked higher, the difference in standard is not much. Considering this and that "home" advantage counts for almost nothing unless its USA or Mexico you're talking about, my first impression is that 1.55 for a El Salvador win seems low. I'm waiting for the AH market to open at my favourite bookie for this match, and might go for Martinique with at least a 0.75 or 1-goal headstart...maybe 1.25??? :p Good luck! ------ FT El Salvador 1 Martinque 0 Had Martinique on +1 so pushed in the end...:rolleyes

Guest zero79

Mexico-Honduras Does anybody know if Mexico is going to use its best team against Honduras? If so, I think it would be a quite easy victory for them (at 1,5), also considering the fact that (please correct me if I'm wrong) they're going to play at Mexico City or somewhere else in Mexico. At the same time, Colombia-Guatemala (1,33) should be an easy match for the Columbian team.

:) Yes the mexico game is in Mexico city and the Columbia game is to take place in miami. The site below is fairly useful to keep tabs on things but i cant yet find out what sort of side Mexico will be fielding but it would amaze me if they dont win this one. I might go for a h/t - f/t to mexico which is currently 5/6 at bet 365 66.216.126.53/view_section.asp?id=3

Guest zero79

Quarter Finals These are GC's upcoming matches: US-Cuba, which should be an easy match for the Yankees, as they play at home and they're the favourites for the final victory. Costa Rica-El Salvador: Costa Rica is not a great time, they've lost 0-1 against Canada and won 3-0 against Cuba, but they should easily get rid of Salvador, which along with Martinique is the weakest team of the tournament. Colombia-Brazil:hard to bet, I really don't which is better, probably Brazilian kids will try to show out their skills but Colombia is quite a good team, even if weaker than US or Mexico. Mexico-Jamaica: Mexico plays at home, and got a good rest yesterday drawing against Honduras, probably in order to be in good shape for Jamaica, which is a kind of weak compared to them. What do you think,guys?

Guest davidcampbell

Re: Quarter Finals PASTED FROM WORLDWIDE LEAGUES, POSTED THERE EARLIER BY MISTAKE two games tongiht ... Costa Rica v El Salvador Costa Rica qualified after beating Cuba 3-0, 3 days ago. They cruised through outshooting Cuba 7 shots to 2. They lost to Canada in first game but topped their section on goal difference El Salvador qualified second in their section, but were facing USA (who beat them 2-0) and Martiniqu (who they beat 1-0). Beating Martinique is hardly sending shock waves around the world. Costa Rica @ 1.4 Mexico v Jamaica Jamaica qualified second, losing to Colombia and beating Guatemala. Again here, hardly a great shock and they were actually outplayed by Guata who just couldnt score Mexico beat brazil in their first game before faltering and only drawing with Honduras. However should have plenty left to beat Jamaica Mexico @ 1.4 A sneaky double pays 1.96 @ willhills confidence of 8.5/10 :D double duly secured Costa Rica look good, 4-2 up anyone got latest on MExico? livescore dont list it... im sure it kicked off 1.00am Uk Time edit : kisks off 6.00pm