Romania Liga I (Jul 28-29)

Saturday 28 July 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="center">sp.gifBPP
Dacia Mioveni v Rapid Bukarest (18:45 BST)6.003.651.68104% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreDraw No BetHalf-time ResultOver/Under
Universitat Craiova v FC Farul Constanta (20:15 BST)1.753.455.00107% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreDraw No BetHalf-time ResultOver/Under
Sunday 29 July 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="center">sp.gifBPP
Gloria Buzau v Dinamo Bucharest (17:00 BST)7.004.201.49106% Related markets...Match Result - - -Asian HandicapDraw No BetOver/Under
Politehnica AEK Timisoara v Poli Unirea Iasi (18:30 BST)1.404.208.00108% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreDraw No BetHalf-time ResultOver/Under

Liga 1 - Short preview

Last year Dinamo was too strong for the others. Should we expect something diferent this year or not? What You mean?
Romanian league is not easy league to predict, mainly because you don't have the certainty that the match will be played 100% on the field. This season will be the toughest in Liga 1 history, since the winner gets a direct place in UCL's groups, the runner-up will be in the UCL's 3rd preliminary round, while other 4 teams will qualify for UEFA Cup. The FRF leading staff warned the clubs about drastic measures to be taken for the "out-of-field" movements, and we hope to see some real football, at least better than in the previous years. There are several to teams with high expectations this season: former champions Dinamo, Steaua, CFR Cluj, Rapid. Many thought that Rapid will be out for the title-fight this year, but they proved a good spirit and in the two won games so far (one in the Supercup against Dinamo), the new coach Bergodi proved that the team is capable to reach the top spots. Also, Poli Timisoara and Universitatea Craiova claimed the highest positions in the league and they hope for a good run. Dinamo was rather disappointing in the first two matches, and it seems that they have too many stars in the team and the coach has problems in finding the ideal 11. Steaua is also still looking for the best 11, and I can say that new coach Hagi will have a tough task, mainly because of the boss Becali but also of his low skills at dealing with players. CFR looks solid, they bought an army of Portuguese players with some Swedish, Argentinian and Brasilian "condiments". Their boss proved that his declarations for championship fight were true, and he also invested much in stadium upgrade. CFR was the best team in pre-season friendlies, now let's see them in the league. One good surprise could be Otelul Galati, which just qualified for UEFA Cup from Intertoto, but I don't think that they have the power to keep a high pace all over the season, the same applies for Craiova. Otoh, the surest contenders for relegation this season will be Farul Constanta, Dacia Mioveni, Poli Iasi, Gloria Buzau (the little sister of Steaua - they played like hell yesterday against Dinamo) and Universitatea Cluj (big rivalry with CFR). However, it's the beginning only and many things can happen. Cheers.

Re: Romania Liga I (August 1) CFR Cluj (0) @ 1.88 (Canbet) Despite Otelu's good performance in IC (3 wins and a draw), I choose to go against them today. Why? - Otelul's players might still feel tired after the travel to Trabzon and the soliciting match there - Their defensive looks shaky, it seems that their lateral defenders are often caught advanced, leaving much space to be exploited (which Trabzon just did when scoring their goal) - CFR strengthened very much this summer, they looked solid in all the friendly matches played; they brought good players in every compartment - I think the tall CFR's defenders know how to handle the head play of Emil Jula, cutting off the host's offensive power - CFR's bosses aim for title this season and they hope for a perfect start, now that the rivals all won the opening match - the players will be very motivated to win, having promised a prize of euro 11,000 for 12 points in the first 4 matches - H2H is 5-0-1 for CFR. Actually, Otelul lost all 3 previous meetings at home, 1-3 last season All in all, I see Cluj as favorite tonight, but the match is far from being easy for them, so (0) handicap is the best choice. OVER 2.5 @ 2.02 (Pinnacle) 3 unders and 3 overs so far, last season both overs: 1-3 and 2-1. CFR plays now a more offensive play than in Bergodi's era, and Otelul was always an offensive team with shaky defensive. Then why not over at these tasty odds? I think correct odds would be around 1.85.

Re: Romania Liga I (Jul 28-29)

SportFootball (Romania)
EventOtelul Galati - CFR Ecomax Cluj
SelectionCFR Ecomax Cluj
Strength10/10
Date01/08/2007
Bookmaker/Price>10bet @ 2.55 (Back)
ReasoningOtelul Galati - CFR Ecomax Cluj pick CFR CLUJ 2.52@10bet 7/10 This is a game between two UEFA contenders.Otelul won the final in Intertoto Cup and this performance gave them the right to play in Uefa Cup.They were in the past season aan offensive team playing well.They lost several players and Imo they arent so strong this year. On the other hand we find, CFR Cluj,one of the favourites for the romanian championship .They brought one of the best romanian coaches, Ioan Andonea nd they bought several expensive foreign players. CFR wants to win the title this year and after last season they have lost the second place for Steaua ,i belive this year they will be much stronger. Fabiani and Didy who showed impresive form in friendlies will do some damage in Otelul weak defensive. Ioan Indone knows well the coach of Otelul and prepared well the game,he watched several times Otelul in Intertoto and friendlies. CFR has many good players and is dificult for the coach to do the team for this game and he has some big responsability for this game. Knowing Andone i consider that his team is prepared to win this. Otelul will not give up easy but the individualities from the CFR"s team will make for sure the diference here.

Re: Romania Liga I (Jul 28-29) Otelul Galati vs. CFR Cluj This game was supposed to be played on week-end but due to Otelul game in Intertoto was postponed for today. Otelul is a strong side in my opinion, a fact prooved by their wins in both game with turkish team Trabzonspor. They have some good technical players like Szekely, Daniel Stan and some good defenders. They sold their GK, Vatca, to Steaua Bucuresti. About CFR: Their bosses invested a lot in pre-season, they made their stadium bigger and bought some very good players. They signed U20 Portugal captain, Amoreirinha and another portuguese players. They played some very good friendllies and they perform well as a team. They have a new coach, Ioan Andone, ex Omonia Nicosia coach. CFR will start with the best eleven . Otelul Galati will miss their striker Daniel Stan. I think CFR wont' loose this one! Pick : CFR not to loose @ 1.4, bet365. ;)

Re: Romania Liga I (Jul 28-29) Don't know about this game as Otelul already plaied 2 official game and Cluj - none! Otelul's players are far from being tired as the season just begun. And most of all the weather is bad - it's been raining and this might change the play a little... Still i heard that Otelul wants Uefa cup qualification but this won't mean that they will take the game easily. I agree Cluj are favourites here but being their 1st oficial game i will skip this one GL to CFR punters though!!!

Re: Romania Liga I (Jul 28-29) HT 1-0 for CFR as they were the better team! Otelul plays pretty much with ambition...but that's it...they had good situations to score but so did CFR. I expect Otelul to come on more often and to leave spaces in defence...this means ...another goal for CFR...odds now @ 3.00

Re: Romania Liga I (Jul 28-29)

Final score: 0-1 :) OVER 2.5 :( :$ That linesman is an idiot, and nothing more.
I tried a small stake on Cluj to score a 2nd @ 3.10...so can you please give me that linesman's name and adress :@ Joking aside, good call on Cluj, Goe.

Re: Romania Liga I (Jul 28-29) Tnx, mate. Refereeing proved to be a real problem for Liga 1 right from the first day. There were some really ugly mistakes and their credibility goes down from the very beginning. Funny fact though: there were 100 CFR's fans at match yesterday and they waved (among others) a... Swedish flag in appreciation for Sandberg, who did play well yesterday, in the team's general level, nothing special. "I was much impressed by their gesture and I hope to fulfill their expectations by my play", said Niklas.

Re: Romania Liga I (Jul 28-29) Good Job by Cluj :clap Gloria Bistrita - Unirea Valahorum Urziceni Gloria Bistrita is as many time said a team who won most of his games on the home pitch.This will be a dificult test for Gloria against, Unirea Valahorum Urziceni who played well in friendlies.I was at the game when Gloria played against Atletico and i was surprised by the way that Gloria played.They have lost Zaharia and Muresan, two important players for the team but the coach Sabau is a good coach and he will find some good replacements in the team. Unirea has a few experienced players as:Mara, Galamaz, Bilasco, Bordeanu;which will make more dificult the task for Gloria,but i belive that the home team will do the job today. Last season: Unirea Valahorum Urziceni -Gloria Bistrita 0:1 Gloria Bistrita- Unirea Valahorum Urziceni 0:0 the best choice IMO for this game is : under 2,5 goals 1.65@unibet 5/10 home win 4/10 2.00@bwin

Re: Romania Liga I (Jul 28-29) I kind of like the under ideea but tbh i went for X2 in this game! The odds were @1.85 at bet365 and now they moved the line to AH +0.25 @1.90....I took a small bet on X2 when it was 1.85 but just for fun as it is the 1st round though... And Bistrita's morale seems to be ...let's say not the best ;)

Re: Romania Liga I (Jul 28-29) Excelent 1st half by Urziceni. 2 - 5 on big chances and looked like an open game so far. If the 2nd will be like this then more goals will come. And an important substitution at HT - Bistrita's playmaker Nalati out!

Re: Romania Liga I (Jul 28-29) Thrilling game that ended 2-2. Nice 2nd half with goals as expected after how was disputed the 1st half. Clear chances 3-3 with Gloria that plaied with 3 attackers last 20 minutes. Overall Unirea deserved to win but football isn't always fair and in the moments that i writing, Gloria's coach said that he is happy with the point his team got !!!!