** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Golf 26/07-29/07

Two contrasting tournaments this week. The Canadian Open on the PGA Tour and the Deutche Players Champs on the European Tour. The Canadian Open is being played on a refurbished course, however, I feel we could have a repeat winner from the last time it was played here in 2002. There are tight fairways, harsh rough and apparently the greens are extremely slow. John Rollins @ 41 is a relatively long straight hitter, has a good all round game (ranked 5th all-round) and has been consistent all year making 16out of 20 cuts. Has good memories of here winning in 2002 and also won in Canada last year at the BC Open. Secondly we have Pat Perez @ 41. He has been knocking on the door all year and more recently has been playing some very solid golf finishing T20 at the Open and two weeks before that T3 at the AT&T. More recently he has also been striking the ball better and putting better than his stats suggest with his last 4 events having a driving accuracy of 65%. He also came 12th the last time the Can. Open was played at this venue. Next is Charles Warren @ 126, his all round ball striking is what gets me here. He lies 5th in these rankings and is also 18th for GIR. While his putting hasnt been great, he still has 2 top 30 finishes here in 3 attempts and recently has only missed 1 cut in 7 events so hopefully will be able to use his fantastic ball striking to lead to a good finish. Fourth we have Jay Williamson @ 126. Just a few weeks ago Williamson came out of nowhere to finish second after a playoff to Hunter Mahan. Since then he has not missed a cut. He should fair well with his generally long accurate drives and decent all round game. With confidence at an all time high and the field being relatively weak, he could take advantage at a big price. On the European tour the jolly is Niclas Fasth @ 13 and I can see why, he is playing the golf of his life and has an incredible record here with his last 3 performances at this course reading T4-Win-T11. Seeing as he has won in the last couple of months, he is proving that he knows how to close out a tournament and suddenly that 13s doesnt look so bad! Second is Andres Romero @ 29 who after he has blown the open should probably not be backed, however, he didnt seem gutted at all, he was delighted with his play at the open. He hit an incredible 10birdies in the first 16holes and has one of the hottest putters in the world at the moment and at a birdie friendly course this could be a huge weapon. Furthermore, after finishing T8 at the Open last year he came here to finish T4. Maybe after finishing 3rd at the Open this year he can finish this tournament a little better. Soren Kjeldson @ 71 could be a great pick. He is having a fantastic year and finished T2nd at the birdie friendly celtic open earlier in the year. In his last 3 events he has finished T21-T11-T11 and should be coming into this event refreshed having not played at the Open and raring to go brimming with confidence. He already has 3 top 6 finishes this year and 8 top 25 finishes so why cant he add another great result to the 5 top 20 finishes he has here in the last 7 years? Finally Emanuele Canonica @ 126 which may seem a crazy suggestion, however, while he has not played well, his record here is extremely impressive. He has played here 11 times, made 10 cuts, finished in the top 27 7times and in the top 4 twice. While he has not won the event it is clearly one of his favourite events and seemingly the one he can count on doing well on year in year out! He likes playing in Germany and just a few weeks ago had a T11 finish (his best of the year by far) at the BMW International Open and I dont see why he cant threaten on this course once again. GL

Re: Golf 26/07-29/07 I'll let you guys know who i have bet on, although i don't know the game inside out so you might not agree totally with me. :lol:lol For the Deutche Players Champs i have gone for Goosen at 13/1. He's been playing consistently well recently and in the last few tournaments from what i have seen, he has had many birdie chances but its his putting that has let him down slightly, so i think a change in fortune this week and he could well win it. For the Canadian Open i have opted for an outside bet on Maruyama at 125/1. I haven't seen his recent form but i can remember in the past him being a very consistent player and usually always finding the fairways. Anybody know when the Canadian Open starts, round 1? Good luck everyone :hope

Re: Golf 26/07-29/07 I havent had chance to watch any of the golf but i've seen the leaderboards for both tournaments. I presume Goosen had a poor tournament then? Maruyama i cant see winning it, he is currently 7 under par with one more round to play which is good but the leader Furyk is now 16 under par. You never no i suppose. :hope

Re: Golf 26/07-29/07

I havent had chance to watch any of the golf but i've seen the leaderboards for both tournaments. I presume Goosen had a poor tournament then? Maruyama i cant see winning it, he is currently 7 under par with one more round to play which is good but the leader Furyk is now 16 under par. You never no i suppose. :hope
goosen never really got into it, finished 8 under i think