Euro under-21 Qualifiers

Guest Irish TW

Guest Irish TW
View current standings here View all results here Serbia and Montenegro are 1.77 on betfair to beat Wales which is quie tempting (dont know what bookies are betting on these). I would have thought S+M would be around 1.5, considering Wales' mauling in Italy while Serbia's last game was a 1-0 win over Italy. Wales drew their last game 0-0 with Finland which was their only point but for 2 wins over Azerbaijan. The only other game I would have interest in is Switzerland to beat Ireland at 2.06 or greater, Ireland will be playing with a virtually new squad for this game as they plan for the next tournament, while Switzerland are already top of the table guaranteed and will want to keep the momentum going with their current squad who will be playing in the play-offs. Anyone else got any opinions/views?

Guest Irish TW

Re: Euro under-21 Qualifiers very very strange, maybe PERLAH.. can help me, but is the Russia v Georgia u21 game FIXED, considering you can LAY the draw at 1.94 on betfair? over two grand on the draw already at ridiculously low odds?? :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Guest zero79

Under 21 I think that Hungary winning at home against an already first spot secure Poland could be some value: Hungary has to win in order to keep the second place, as Sweden should easily get the three points at home against Latvia. I'm not into the U-21 stuff, so I don't know squad etc.. but I think this should be a must win situation for Hungary, and having it at 1,85 @ gamebookers seems good to me. Anyone has some more info about this match?

Guest crowie1969

Re: Under 21 Just a point on the U21 groups/qualifiers. No one as yet has qualified for the finals, wherever they may be played. UEFA have taken the decision (not sure when they did but they have) that the 10 group winners and 6 BEST runners up will now play 8 2 legged play off games once the final group placings have been decided. The 8 winners from here will go forward to the finals. I think these games will be played at the same time as the Euro2004 play off games. Maybe of interest if anyone is betting on these and throw a different light on some games. I know this because previously Scotland U21's, after their win in Germany in Sept, were under the impression that a win at home to Lithuania would qualify us for the finals no matter what the Germany U21 score was as we had a better H2H with the Germans. Now all it means is a win (or draw) puts us in the play offs. On the game v Lithuania U21, from what I have read we battered the Lithuanians across there but their keeper played a blinder and we ended up on the wrong end of a 2-1 scoreline. Confidence amongst the Scots should be high after the win in Germany.

Re: Under 21 I caught this story on teletext the other day but assumed it was for Euro 2008. It's a joke in my opinion to shift the goalposts like this so late in the day. I would still fancy Scotland to win though. I had the pleasure/misfortune of being at the Lithuania - Scotland U21 match in April and we were much the better side. We had a perfectly good goal disallowed, a clearly biased referee and a shocking pitch all against us. If Scotland play anything like they can then they should win. I would check for any late promotions to the senior squad just in case as McFadden and Fletcher are already in there.

Guest zenitspb

Russia U21

very very strange, maybe PERLAH.. can help me, but is the Russia v Georgia u21 game FIXED, considering you can LAY the draw at 1.94 on betfair?
Nope. It is just Russia U21 needs the draw to be in top 6 runner-ups. Stupid UEFA rules... I fancy a 1-1 with an own goal at 89 min :smokin

Guest Irish TW

Re: Russia U21 I still don't see how that makes the draw at such short odds. Has anyone got prices for the Russia Georgia u21 game from any bookie? THIS IS THE BETFAIR TRADING ON THE DRAW: Traded and Available Odds To Back To Lay Traded 1.30 €202 1.56 €117 1.80 €205 1.86 €287 1.90 €152 €17 1.92 €11 1.94 €4 €267 1.95 €59 2.00 €429 2.02 €135 2.10 €193 2.20 €104 €9 2.22 €34 2.26 €43 2.28 €262 €44 2.30 €49 €186 2.40 €255 2.44 €170 2.48 €23 2.66 €151 2.70 €400 3.00 €400 3.20 €101 3.25 €156 3.35 €17 3.85 €125 4.00 €108 6.20 €56 8.20 €76 12.50 €76 I would be really really interested if someone could tell me the odds on this game from a bookie, gamebookers don't seem to be betting on this one.

U21 Belgium has to win at home to secure the second spot, and I don't think it will be too hard against poor Estonia, which collected only two draws in the whole tournament. Germany has to win against really really bad Iceland, which has yet to get a single point, and they don't see strong enough to get it against a tough Germany in a must win situation. Odds for the double are really really low, and I know "banker" is a dangerous word but...if they're not bankers what are these two matches?:b

Re: U21 Irish -- very strange patterns indeed. Well, have checked that for you, this match is priced up by three bookies, only one of them on-line - Globet - and the oddsetters are probably sound asleep and are keeping 2.50 for the draw. My local book, Chance, has decreased from 5.00 to 1.30 !!! Looking at the table of the group, I can't see why the draw is so well backed as the Russians need to draw OR WIN. Especially because of those two countries and with experience the match in Moldova was also strange, I have to think there must be a *forbidden word* out there.

Guest Mr Bookie Buster

Umm I had a thought about the russia under 21 game. Georgia and Russia aren't exactly best of friends. Is there any chance that Georgia would deliberately lose this game by getting some own goals, in order to mess Russia's chances up.

Guest kojic2003

Re: Russia U21 Irish,be carefull with Wales U21 - S&M U21! S&M will play without Lovre(Anderlecht).He is out for a very long time,so that's not so big problem.But everybody has expected Nemanja Vidic(Red Star captain) in the squad,and he can't play because of injury.Also S&M captain Marjan Markovic(Red Star) can't play.He is injured too.I believe in S&M win here.This is the strongest generation in the last few years,but for me it's not pick for maximum stake.In some calculations draw is a good result for them.And when our players have a more options,they can blow up very easy. Of course,it's just my view! :) No bet for me here!

Guest zenitspb

Russia U21

Georgia and Russia aren't exactly best of friends
Yep, it's true. But also the truth is that half of the Georgia squad are playing or willing to play in the Russian PL. If they lost in the way you described, they could get blacklisted or booed by their Russian clubs' fans.

Guest Mr Bookie Buster

Re: Russia U21 Seems like great info anyway on the Russian Game. I have money on it at the moment and Russia are 1-0 up, so everything going to plan so far.

Guest Mr Bookie Buster

Re: Russia U21 No really shock horror now. 2-1 to Russia and Ireland are wining 1-0 in Switzerland. Russia need Ireland to lose and now they may not bother to draw the match. Even though i am Irish through and through, I am starting to hate the under 21 squad. Why can't they just go and lose the damn thing. It makes no difference to them anyway!!!! There's patriotism for you!

Guest Postman Pat

Re: Russia U21 It's all abit complicated. I bet alot of people who backed the Russian draw are sweating now. Glad I left it alone / don't like betting on Eastern Europe matches at the best of times.

Guest Mr Bookie Buster

Re: Russia U21 Ireland are now leading 2-0. I think the bet is over. Can't see Russia bothering to draw it now. Ah well, it was a good bet while it lasted.