Poker variants

Guest gazza271

Guest gazza271

Must admit to my shame I've never really ventured any further than NLHE :$ Who plays any other variants and how competent are you ? Easy to pick up ?

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Poker variants I must be Great Uncle Bulgaria then 1470727bulgaria151zb6.jpg I have always been a big fan of Omaha Hi/lo (pot and limit) and more recently Limit Stud hi/lo, so much so that I very rarely play hold em tournies games these days. IMO they are far superior games to NLHE and worth dedicating your time to, as they are easy to learn and they make for a far more interesting game. I have loads of text and training software I could send you Gazza if you were interested in Stud Hi/Lo. I am contemplating still entering next years WSOP stud 8 event, as I missed it this year.

Re: Poker variants I play most variants better than I do NLHE (well, SOMEONE was going to make a comment...), I love Omaha hi/lo and also enjoy 2-7 triple draw and razz as well - just wish there was a bigger variety of tourneys around. Stars is a godsend for anyone wanting to get decent experience in other games, IMO.

Re: Poker variants Must admit that Omaha hi/lo has completely spoiled me from trying Stud hi/lo which is a shame cos I love Stud and Razz. I'm happy to sit and play the large entry freerolls (Stud and Razz) on Stars when I get the chance purely because its the only time you'll play such a big field outside of the WSoP (normally about 2,500 runners). I struggle sometimes with the hand ranking in Razz but have no idea what goes on in triple draw. Saying that I enjoy playing Limit Hold 'Em too, Just to add its easy to slag limit games off as full of fishes but I think there is more subtlety involved when played properly (even I do that occasionally).

Re: Poker variants

there is a woman I know who lets me poker.
:lol Back on subject with a good understanding of general poker theory most games are easy to pick up. I play in a couple of dealers choice cash games and find them to be pretty profitable, as people have no idea about what they're doing. A read of supersystem 2 is a good idea to pick up on some general strategy!