STT Strategy Articles

GaF

I think it was Damo who mentioned SNGWIZ, just been looking at it and impressed (more so than the others I've looked at) - Free 30 day trial is fully functional, so why not give it a go? www.sngwiz.com (will add them to the Poker Resources) But the main reason for this post .... the FAQ has a great list of STT articles - haven't looked through them all yet, but the ones I have looked at seem good :ok

Re: STT Strategy Articles

Like this one - tackles one of my pet hates - the view that "I'm not good enough to beat $5 games, maybe I'm good enough to beat $10 games" :tongue2
) Don't believe "I can't win at the $5.50s, I will win more by moving up and playing with players who respect my bets/raises" This is plain wrong. Sure, players at higher buyins may play tighter and may well fold a bit more often to your preflop raises or postflop bets but there are so many other ways which they can pwn you - they will be MUCH more aggressive, generally displaying a good understanding of bubble play/ICM etc. If you can't consistently beat the $5.50s over a few hundred SnGs then you will NOT beat the $22s, $33s and $55s.
Also....
16) Realise that bad, horrible, appalling, one-outer beats do happen... ...and that the best way to console yourself is to be sure that you got your money in as a favourite - if you did, there is nothing else you can do, you effectively won. Your AA will be cracked by rubbish like QTs 19.5% of the time when your preflop push is called BUT the other 80.5% of the time you double up/take opp's whole stack. The question to ask yourself is "would I have played differently?" and if the answer is "no", then be happy whatever the results might be.

Re: STT Strategy Articles SNGwiz is a great program but I can't use that too since I'm playing at paradise poker (ffs). Looking forward to the day I will be able to deposit into pokerstars. If you are playing SNGs at a site that supports this program, I think it's worth every penny. I also read those articles listed in the SNGwiz but some of the links were dead.