Algeria vs Zimbabwe

Quote:

Algeria will be hoping to secure the draw they need in order to qualify for the quarter-finals of the African Cup of Nations. The north African side face a Zimbabwe team who have yet to record a point and have conceded seven goals. Algeria will be delighted with the position they find themselves in having beaten a rampant Egypt after going down to 10 men. Pick your Algeria team "We were very lucky in that match. Egypt were the better team but the determination of our players saw us through," said Algeria coach Rabah Saadane. Saadane will be without midfielder Mamar Mamouni who is suspended after being sent-off against Egypt. But the team will have Achiou Hocine, who scored their wonder-goal from the half-way line in the same match. Zimbabwe's hopes of reaching the last eight faded when they lost 5-3 to Cameroon. Pick your Zimbabwe team But despite the early exit, captain Peter Ndlovu believes the tournament debutants will come back a stronger side. "The Zimbabwe team will return to the finals and will win more matches," said the 32-year-old skipper. "We played well against Cameroon and we knew it would be a tough match. We conceded five goals because the defence wasn't organised. "Nevertheless, I am happy for the way my teammates played because it was great experience at this very high level."

I can't believe some of the prices I've seen for Zimbabwe, I know that they are out but they haven't been that bad an outfit, did well against Egypt - goalie was superb, conceded 5 against cameroon but scored 3! and now they have no pressure at all, playing a team that just about hung on against cameroon and then so so so luckily beat Egypt, they are not that good I think. Algeria need a draw to qualify, and look what happened today, kenya beat BFaso 3-0 (not seen the game so dont know what happened). Its about time the luck changed for Algeria. Draw/Zimbabwe HT/FT @ 17.5 unsure.gif

Re: Algeria vs Zimbabwe Denisl, there is a major difference between the situations BF were in today and Algeria are in tomorrow. BF could only hope for a favourable outcome in the second match (at the same time) and even then they would have needed what you might describe as a cricket score. Tomorrow, though, Cameroon can't just sit back and play for the draw as if Algeria win, then Alg. would win the group. Truly, any outcome in the second match means they need just a draw and they are able to get it. It's very dangerous to depend on a side with nothing to play for (Zimb) against a side with a very good chance to get through.

Re: Algeria vs Zimbabwe There is also the so-called "Alibaba double" on tomorrow, worth considering for higher rollers. SuperOdds are best priced for it. Cameroon not to lose @ 1.21 Algeria not to lose @ 1.09 Combined odds: 1.31 - nothing much but still 31 per cent of profit with minimum downside (Cameroon are not Senegal). Wouldn't even think of taking it at Gamebookers, though, as their prices are REALLY skinny.:spank

. I agree they are different situations between Algeria and BF, just 2 things stick out for me is that Algeria are no where as good a team as the odds suggest and Zimbabwe have no pressure whatsover, should be a good game i hope. One thing about the Cameroon game, assuming that Nigeria and Morocco both win tomorrow which they should then Morocco tops the group and the winner of cameroon group plays 2nd place team i.e Nigeria. Not too sure they would want that so early. but who knows!

Guest Kimkarim

Zimbabwe Have to agree on Zimbabwe. They have nothing to play for but honour, but honour means a lot in this tournament. As already stated by others, there's not much pressure on Zimbabwe, while presumably nervous Algeria will be intent on getting the draw. This is a perfect example of bookies grossly overcompensating for motivational factor. A X2 bet at 2.25 is too good to miss IMO. Algeria v Zimbabwe 40%-40%-20% (pessimistic estimate!).

Guest mr onemore

Algeria v Zim Algeria are not going to lose this one! They have put together massive results to get into this situation - luck or not. I also don't think Zim have quite the 'nothing to lose' attitude mentioned either. They will be looking for their first ever point in the Finals, and all these players will be looking to put on a show for any watching scouts. Letting in another hatful is just not going to happen. They have played quite creatively so far, but will be keen to shut the Algerians out. This will be a team effort. This has 0-0 all over it, with perhaps an Algerian penalty (don't underestimate the referees in these games!). I'll be looking at the 'under' markets here. By the way, I'd be a little concerned if I had Cameroon for the title. Todays game is going to be tricky - Egypt are an extremely good team...

Guest easypunter

ANC Cameroon -1/2 Algeria -1 small stakes on both games as they need only a draw to qualify but the teams they played against are of lower standard compare to them. goodluck :)