Boxing - 14th July

Fairly decent card on at the O2 Arena tonight live on ITV1. 10pts M.Sprott to beat M.Skelton 11/4 Boylesports Michael Sprott and Matt Skelton meet for the Commonwealth Heavyweight title tonight and Sprott, who ended Audley Harrison's "career" last time out has to be a touch of value here. Skelton, 40 has pulled out of this fight when it was originally scheduled 2 months ago and also pulled out against Audley Harrison so he could be prone to injuries. However he's not getting any younger and his brawler style could be the thing that beats him here. It will be hard to go at Sprott for 12 rounds and Sprott, much the younger man, may well have enough in the tank towards the end of the fight to catch the judges eye if he doesn't floor the Bedford man. I know one or two people close to Matt Skelton as he's from up the road to me and they aren't talking a very confident game. Sprott's no world beater but he knows his way round a boxing ring and at 11/4 is great value.

Re: Boxing - 14th July I'm allready on Sprott aswell Kev. I only got 5/2 though, but I still think that's decent value for him. Skelton I think has the power to finish it early but if Sprott stays in there hopefully he'll be able to keep up the intensity for longer than the older man.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.