Scottish Open Golf - Loch Lomond 12th - 15th july

Very strong field this year with a lot of the worlds top golfers getting some preperation before the Open - I think Phil Michelson will have a good tournament provided the weather up here behaves itself, quite mild and bright just now and this course is designed more a US type course as opposed to links or tougher uk courses, Michelson available at 20/1 ( 5/1 for a top 6 place ) Bradley Dredge is available at 50/1 which I also reckon is decent e/w value. Monty knows his way round here and as everyone knows is a player who needs to be in the mood - home course and just won the Euro open in Dublin might keep a smile on his face for 4 days, not the most difficult of courses loch lomond so the regulation golfers will have a putting competition for the winner IMO. I await the views of the posters who give better in-depth analysis before my final selection later on tonight.

Re: Scottish Open Golf - Loch Lomond 12th - 15th july I'm somewhat lacking in-depth analysis this week I'm afraid Nastro, I was going to do it earlier but then I heard Ken Bates had bought back Leeds so I had to go to the pub and laugh at my Leeds supporting mate for a while. I agree with you that Mickleson is good value at 20-1 and might have a dabble there myself, other than that... Charl Schwartzel e/w @ 50-1 Betfred Schwartzel seems to be spending more time in the states these days and hasn't played a lot in Europe this season but he won the Open de Espana on one of his visits. Finished 2nd here last year and I think he's a better player now than he was then. Richard Sterne e/w @ 50-1 (general) I've backed Sterne quite a lot this year and he's rewarded me handsomely, his last 7 starts have seen finishes of T2, 5, T5, 37, 3, 1, T25 and I seriously doubt anyone else on the tour has a set of results that consistent this season. Massively improved player who should be buzzing with confidence after winning the Celtic Manor Wales Open and the course should suit him. Ah well, back to the pub :beer

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.