William Hill Super Series

Jaded

Re: William Hill Super Series

The added value should be good, but reading GaF's run at the WH Super Series doesn't give me much confidence. I think I won't be playing that today.
Dont be put off - I dont feel that the standard is particularly high - with the added value, I reckon its positive ev for most on here :ok (Yes, even me :tongue2)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: William Hill Super Series I just went out in 100th after really struggling all the way through. thought I had dbld up and didnt realise the flush til the chips started going his way!! :wall Game #8286845064: £2.5K Super series (ID8491408) £25+£2.50 - Hold'em NL (100/200) - 2008/11/09 - 19:30:15 (UK) Table "8491408 - 3" Seat 4 is the button. Seat 1: Dan030652 (4280 in chips) Seat 2: Jonny0711 (6138 in chips) Seat 3: Boz_face (20115 in chips) Seat 4: Ramascus (4615 in chips) Seat 5: Mrbeani (8426 in chips) Seat 6: Wil250712 sits out Seat 7: Dollydosh (2740 in chips) Seat 8: Geordigaz (1480 in chips) Seat 9: Lintyman (3470 in chips) Seat 10: Bountyboy (11741 in chips) Mrbeani: posts small blind 100 Wil250712: posts big blind 200 ----- HOLE CARDS ----- dealt to Geordigaz [:Ad: :Qs:] Dollydosh: folds Geordigaz: raises to 1480 and is all-in Lintyman: folds Bountyboy: folds Dan030652: folds Jonny0711: folds Boz_face: folds Ramascus: folds Mrbeani: calls 1380 Wil250712: folds ----- FLOP ----- [:Jh: :Kc: :5h:] ----- TURN ----- [:Jh: :Kc: :5h:][:Th:] ----- RIVER ----- [:Jh: :Kc: :5h:, :Th:][:3h:] ----- SHOW DOWN ----- Geordigaz: shows [:Ad: :Qs:] (A Straight, Ace high) Mrbeani: shows [:9h: :9d:] (A Flush, Jack high) Mrbeani collected 3160 from Main pot ----- SUMMARY ----- Total pot 3160 Main pot 3160 Rake 0 Board [Jh Kc 5h Th 3h] Seat 1: Dan030652 folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 2: Jonny0711 folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 3: Boz_face folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 4: Ramascus (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 5: Mrbeani (small blind) showed [9h 9d] and won (3160) with A Flush, Jack high Seat 6: Wil250712 (big blind) folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 7: Dollydosh folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 8: Geordigaz showed [Ad Qs] and lost with A Straight, Ace high Seat 9: Lintyman folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 10: Bountyboy folded before Flop (didn't bet)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Re: William Hill Super Series These seem to be on perpetual 'half price week' at the moment. The ones showing in the lobby so far for next week are still reduced buy-in. Will keep checking week to week but if anyone spots them reverting can you let me know in case I miss it. WH must have been taken over by DFS. :loon

• 1 month later...

Re: William Hill Super Series Even more confused after looking on the promo section of the website.....

William Hill Poker is proud to present our Super Series Tournaments, adding real value to the weekly poker line-up. We guarantee an added cash prize ranging from $1,500 - $2,000, in addition to the total prize pool. Registration is unlimited, meaning the prizepool can grow to epic levels. See below for full details:
DayTimeAdded CashBuy-In ($)
Monday19:30 (UK)$2,000

10 + 1

Wednesday19:30 (UK)$1,500

10 + 1

Each Super Series tournament has 2,000 starting chips and 15-minute blinds. With such a deep starting stack there’s no rush – simply relax and play Poker the way it should be played. Satellites for Super Series Tournaments are available daily from $1, and have no additional fee.
Don't know if they have made a mistake by putting todays game for 4pm in the lobby, standard procedure from Willy Hill when it comes to promotions. :wall

• 3 weeks later...

Re: William Hill Super Series Checked the website following Chapman's post in tomorrow's daily thread - looks like the Weds game is now set for $7.50+75c. :ok

We've listened to our players and we've made the changes - and now we're proud to introduce the new and improved William Hill Super Series. The added cash has increased and the buy-in has gone down, squeezing every last ounce of value from the tournaments, once again making the Super Series a headline act each and every week. The following weekly tournaments will be available:
DayTimeAdded CashBuy-In
Monday19:30 (UK)$2,000$10 + $1
Wednesday19:30 (UK)$1,500$7.50 + $0.75
Don't worry if you were a fan of the old Super Series - the tournaments have kept the old school 2,000 starting chips and 15-minute blind level structure. And of course, the guaranteed value is what makes the Super Series and we're certain you'll be hard pressed to find better value anywhere else online

• 3 weeks later...

Re: William Hill Super Series Looking at the prize pool it seems these are guaranteed? 1st one, min 20 runners ($40) but pool is $110 paying 1st -10th. 2nd one, min 20 ($40) and pool $123.75 1st-15th. Could be worth keeping an eye on for numbers, especially if WH are as timely as usual (not) for sending out emails. Nice spot chapman. :ok

Mind you' date=' 5.30 and 5.00 starts on a Monday and Wednesday. Probably be full of sitouts.[/quote'] :wall I've actually got the dates wrong completely saying the sats are played on the night before, clearly had a mad moment of some kind :$, atleast someone round here reads things correctly. :lol Anyway, I'll probably check out the Monday game and see if it turns out to be value. :ok

The dates on the screenshots Chapman posted are 24th and 26th' date=' which is Monday and Wednesday next week. So it looks like these run a few hours prior to each day's main tourney.[/quote'] Yeah as stated in the my previous post I had a mad moment of not reading what I was seeing, 100% sure that the times and days are.... Monday @5:30pm $2.20 feeder to: Monday @7:30pm $10+$1 SS with $2k added. Wednesday @5:00pm $2.20 feeder to: Wednesday @7:30pm $7.50+$0.75 SS with $1.5k added. The only thing that remains unclear is the value of what seems like GTD seats in both feeder/sats, we will have to see how many runners there are in each game next week before that is determined, hope that clears things up. :ok Edit: Just for reference the blind levels for the feeder games are 5mins, so they are turbo games, which makes sense with them being so close to the target game.