BMW International Open - Golf

Niclas Fasth e/w @ 25-1 Betfred Difficult to know how Fasth is going to be feeling both physically and mentally after his 4th place at Oakmont but he seems like the sort of player who'll use it to spur him on. He's a very fit guy so physically he should be ok and if he isn't too mentally tired then I think he could go close this week, Fasth is one of the most improved players in the last couple of seasons and has course form after finishing 4th here in 2005. Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano e/w @ 66-1 Boylesports (paying six places) Along with Alejandro Canizares and Pablo Martin, F-C is one of the new wave of spanish golfers and has won a tournament in each of his three years on tour including victory in the Italian Open a couple of months ago. He's not the most reliable and seems to vary between brilliant or awful with little in between but he is capable of shooting very low and has a diamond short game, should be raring to go after three weeks off and is a good value price. Markus Brier e/w @ 80-1 Bet365 I took this price on Monday (think he's down to 66-1 now) as it immediately seemed very high for a player who has won once and lost out in a playoff already this season. I have to admit I tipped him last time out and he missed the cut but that was in his home open and under enormous pressure, a couple of weeks off should have recharged the batteries. Has decent course form after finishing 16th in 2004 and T8 last year and is another who is capable of shooting low. Louis Oosterhuizen Top ROTW e/w @ 21-1 Stan James Ernie Els is a short priced favourite in this market but I think one of the growing number of talented young South Africans on tour is far better value. Oosterhuizen has two top 5 places in his last three events and comes in nicely rested after a few weeks off, he's a big hitter who has the ability to rack up the birdies which is what you're going to need to do well around this course.