Sharkscope

GaF

I've been given a free trial of Sharkscope (the 150 searches a day option) for 3 months :) Anyone else use it? Haven't formed an opinion yet on its utility in increaing profitability, BUT it sure is interesting..... What I've VERY quickly realised and been shocked by is quite how many people there are out there playing and losing thousands on STTs!!! Most tables you sit on really are full of losing players...... They've also given me a free Avatar for 3 months :) Should be dynamic and update as I play....but I haven't managed to upload it yet :sad I wish I knew what I was doing in that very short, and very steep upward swing!!! (I think that's about when I started playing speed games instead ;) ) INTERNAL1431.png

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: Sharkscope

To illustrate the point - just sat down at a 5 seat $20 table with: max1209 (FISH) Lost $4020 in 416 games pele lost $793 in 63 games pist78 (FISH) lost $239 in 171 games Poker DIY lost $30 in 21 games
Can you tell if $20 is their usual buy-in? If it is, the first two are managing a ROI of about -50% or worse, which seems pretty impressive!

Re: Sharkscope I finished 4th (got distracted by something, and managed to play even worse than them :tongue2) Their average stakes (and ROI) max1209 $28 (ROI -33%) Pele $45 (ROI -28%) pist78 $5 (ROI -25%) Poker DIY $19 (ROI +17% :unsure)

Poker DIY $19 (ROI +17% :unsure)
I think the ROI figure just takes the ROI for individual games and averages them, irrespective of stakes. So if you play mostly at small stakes, making a profit, but play a few times at high stakes, making a loss, your average ROI could be positive even though you've made a loss. E.g., if you play 9 times at $10 with a +50% ROI, making a profit of $45 (ignoring rake) and once at $100 with a -100% ROI, losing $100, then you've lost $55, but your "average ROI" is (0.9 * 50%) - (0.1 * 100%) = +35%

Re: Sharkscope SOunds like the ROI figure shouldn't be relied upon too much then :unsure (that's what I was focussing on) May be better off focusing on the absolute profit figure.... or maybe create my own .... Average stake divided by average profit/loss (that would be what the ROI SHOULD be?)

Is it worth investing?
I'm reserving judgement at the moment - quite simply I dont know!!! Whether it will pay for itself or not, I remain to be convinced ..... It IS definitely interesting though!!! How did I get the free trial? ahem - I emailed them telling them how wonderful PL was, and how their new support of Boss opened up a potential lot of new customers and it was worthwhile getting some people trialling it ;) They seemed to agree :)

Re: Sharkscope LOL. I'd suggest that was an abuse of your position of responibility. Now if you use it against your fellow PLers you should be struck off! I'm only worried because their is probably a picture of a big goldfish next to my name. Lots of people must have sharkscope now it supports boss because when I sit at table it fills up in seconds.

I'm only worried because their is probably a picture of a big goldfish next to my name. Lots of people must have sharkscope now it supports boss because when I sit at table it fills up in seconds.
I actually cannot find much data on you :unsure spannerj73 on ipoker - Average stake $5, loss of $26 - 5 games played spannerjago on ipoker - 1 game played - avergae stake $0 - Roi (100%) :loon spannerj on SpOdds - 2 games played - for a total loss of $1 - average stake $5 But no sign of any fish :loon For anyone who doesn't know - you get 5 free searches a day if you want to look yourself up :ok You can also BLOCK yourself if you dont want others seeing your stats :ok

Re: Sharkscope Field duly demolished :dude :dude :dude Had an interesting situation actually .... 3 handed (bubble). I have about 3500 chips, sit out has about 1200 - other guy about 2800 .... blinds of 200/400 ...... I just went all in EVERY hand ..... extremely tough for him to call..... I intended to fold to the sit out to keep him in, but got it a bit wrong and he ended up all in with less than my SB and I couldn't fold to him - but he won a couple of hands :nana :cow :nana :cow By the time he went, the other guy had just over one big blind and had no choice but to shove with 52s!!!

Just watched the end of that. Pumpen really doesn't have a clue!!
Lol - because he got upset because I wouldn't share the blinds and wanted us to check it down when the SitOut was all in to get us both in the money :lol :lol :lol He wasn't even tagged as one of the fish!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Re: Sharkscope They claim updates are within 2 minutes on most sites. IPN (Boss) are 10 minutes - worst is OnGame which is a 4 hour delay..... IPN is still technically within Beta Testing, so some games may be missed, though they claim to pick up on 95%... It's listing 16 games now, all at $3 for a profit of $31

:nana:nana:nanaim a shark again
Nice :clap :clap :clap Which alias? No idea what level you're playing :unsure But if you are beating a level comfortably enough to be a shark, would it not be more profitable to move up a level? Even if you aren't a shark, it could pay more.... Anyone else on PL lay claim to being an official Sharkscope shark?