The craziest hand you've been involved in!

SteveO

During nearly 2 years of online play the craziest hand that I've been involved in was when I held Quad 5's on the flop (one of the 5's on the flop was a heart along with the 6hearts) a nine of hearts came on the turn all the money went in for a $400 pot and the guy turns over 78hearts for a straight flush:wall . This was 2 months into playing online and I was convinced at the time that it was fixed:$ .

Re: The craziest hand you've been involved in! I never tire of telling this anecdote. :tongue2 Playing "Dealer's Choice", we were playing Spit in the Ocean (like 5-card draw, but everybody is dealt four cards and one community card is dealt face up. The community card and all other cards of the same rank are wild). I beat quad kings and a straight flush with five aces.

Re: The craziest hand you've been involved in! ... 6 hand table at partypoker a year or two ago.... 3 people to the river... ... my hand QQ... ... board [Q 10 4] [4] [10] ... Opp1 4 4 ... Opp2 10 10 ... killed me for $80... $280 pot to the winner... I still remember the entire thing....

Re: The craziest hand you've been involved in! The craziest hand i've ever been involved in was part of a NL Hold'em Heads Up Team Game. Teams of 3 players, winner of cointoss gets to choose who plays who. These are self dealing HU games. One of my team's players has to leave for our 3rd game and we cannot subsitute anyone else in so we must win both our games. So i'm to deal on the first hand and start shuffling away, blinds 25 - 50, starting stacks 2,500. The other player gets up to say something to a buddy then sits back down, i finish shuffling about 2 seconds later. I place the deck on the table and asks if he wants to cut. "Nah you're grand mate". So i deal out our cards, look down and see AA. I think to myself he'll definitely think i fixed the deck and chuckled away in my head. I decide to play it sneaky and try to trap; call -check. Deal out the flop; A - K - A rainbow :lol. Oh shit, he'll definitely think i've fixed the deck now. He bets out 75 and i think my only real option is call to continue to trap. Turn is an 8 and he bets 200 into me this time, think this is coming on along lovely and make the call again, he didn't even seem suspicious. River is a 9 and he bets out 400 this time, i try to milk it and minraise it to 800. He thinks for a bit and pushes all in, i crack a smile & blush a little, almost not wanting to turn over my cards thinking there'd be accusations of cheating. I say call and turn over my quads. His eyes widen as if he's just seen a ghost and turns over KK for a flopped fullhouse. It was laughed off with a few drinks in the end and wasn't accused of cheating.

Re: The craziest hand you've been involved in! Was at a live game last night, holding A 10 clubs, flop comes out 3 kings inc the club, short stack goes all in for about 20 x BB. Dunno why but I called. He duely turns over the 4th king, Turn Queen of Clubs River Jack of Clubs Runner Runner Royal flush to beat his quad kings :lol

Re: The craziest hand you've been involved in! Not quite the same but i've just seen my biggest and craziest pot online: Full Tilt Poker Game #2686159629: Table Pantheon (6 max) - $200/$400 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 21:30:22 ET - 2007/06/16 Seat 1: EarlyCry ($24,104) Seat 3: thecranium ($106,213) Seat 5: Mark Vos ($1,798) Seat 6: Gus Hansen ($163,837.50) Gus Hansen has 5 seconds left to act Gus Hansen posts the small blind of $200 EarlyCry posts the big blind of $400 The button is in seat #5 *** HOLE CARDS *** thecranium raises to $1,400 Mark Vos adds $2,000 Mark Vos folds Gus Hansen raises to $4,600 EarlyCry folds thecranium raises to $14,200 Gus Hansen has 15 seconds left to act Gus Hansen calls $9,600 *** FLOP *** [Td Kc 6c] Gus Hansen has 15 seconds left to act Gus Hansen bets $28,800 thecranium has 15 seconds left to act thecranium has requested TIME thecranium raises to $92,013, and is all in Gus Hansen has been disconnected Gus Hansen has 15 seconds left to act Gus Hansen has reconnected Gus Hansen calls $63,213 thecranium shows [Ah 2h Jc Ac] Gus Hansen shows [6s Kh Kd Qs] *** TURN *** [Td Kc 6c] [Ad] *** RIVER *** [Td Kc 6c Ad] [8s] thecranium shows three of a kind, Aces Gus Hansen shows three of a kind, Kings thecranium wins the pot ($212,824) with three of a kind, Aces *** SUMMARY *** Total pot $212,826 | Rake $2 Board: [Td Kc 6c Ad 8s] Seat 1: EarlyCry (big blind) folded before the Flop Seat 3: thecranium showed [Ah 2h Jc Ac] and won ($212,824) with three of a kind, Aces Seat 5: Mark Vos (button) didn't bet (folded) Seat 6: Gus Hansen (small blind) showed [6s Kh Kd Qs] and lost with three of a kind, Kings Sick. Gus had been on such a streak too, was up to over 200k before and also made a few hundred that i saw yesterday too.

Re: The craziest hand you've been involved in! No hand HH but this is from a while back. Dealt JJ PF, called a raise from the SB (there were 4 other callers). Flop came 8-6-2. Newbie that I am i go all-in. 3 callers. One shows 22, the other 66 and the other 88. Turn is a J! Blank River and it's the easiest SnG I ever play.

Re: The craziest hand you've been involved in! I ran into a hand like Nade's last week but not for the same volume of cash! :lol Dealt KK in early position I put a raise in and get re-raised. I call the raise and the flop comes K*A. I bet half the pot and my opponent comes over the top. I push all-in then realise he's holding AA. I get called and his trips hold up. It's a weak one in comparison to some of the others on this thread but how often do you think you'll come up against something like that? :eek

Re: The craziest hand you've been involved in! Okay, so a few months ago I was playing in my first ever game of poker, and up until a few hours before the game I didn't even know the rules. Anyway, I took the poker hand hierarchy guide out of a pack of cards, and after a quick intro from my mates we were underway. About ten minutes in I was dealt AA, and unfamiliar with the concept of raising pre-flop etc I simply called and the flop came out K99. There's three of us left in the hand at this point, I check and a couple of fairly hefty bets flew in, which I called, thinking my AA was the dogs bollocks. The turn came out, another K. Now the betting really started to hot up, and instead of folding as I now realise I should have done long before, with those pairs on the board, I instead called their bets once more, loving the fact that there was all this money going into the pot when I'd been dealt AA. By now I had invested well over half my chips in this hand, and my mates who are rightly convinced that I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing think they're gonna rinse my for all my chips. Anyway, river card comes out, and it's only a bloody Ace! One of my mates looks at my stack and utters the immortal words "you might aswell go all-in now", so I do, trying to act as naive as possible, and they both call right away. So comes to the showdown, and they both flip over Kx for a full house, Kings full of nines. They chuckle to themselves as they try to figure out the easiest way to split the chips between them. After quite a lengthy pause, I flipped over my pocket aces, giving me a full house, Aces full of Kings, and ask them "is this any good?". The looks on their faces were absolutely priceless, and I got plenty of stick afterwards for how I'd played it!! After taking that monster pot I then went on to win outright, and even though it was only a low stakes game between a few mates I was absolutely made up, and haven't looked back since!