Targetting Players in MTTS

SteveO

Been making a lot of final tables recently by using this strategy, what I mean is making calls against players with marginal hands lets say k 8s in position. Of course this has to be done when the blinds are fairly cheap and if you hit a piece of the flop call regardless of the pot odds and of course you still have position. At the showdown he'll probably call you a calling station and next time you have a hand he'll kindly donate the rest of his chips. Your thoughts please! (this thread is meant to be in poker strategy)

Re: Targetting Players in MTTS ... really depends on the structure... there will always be a time where you jump out to an early lead through 1 or 2 good hands but the average tournament doesnt really allow this type of play... personally i am more obliged to just play my game... but this is an interesting thought however I have just come back from the pub and really am fuking tired after just failing my first university unit this morning (i think).... toodles...:ok

Re: Targetting Players in MTTS Must stress the important word position, I will play a lot of crap with small blinds in a deepish stack tourney, when I have position. i.e I would much rather play 5 3 suited in posiiton than Ace Rag Offsuit - I would quite happily muck AJ offsuit in the Small Blind against a small preflop raise, yet play 5 3 suited on the Button against a similar raise.

Re: Targetting Players in MTTS Exactly Joe, I absolutely hate AJ and AK can be a nightmare against ace rag monkeys. But what I'm saying is by targeting certain players you can gain a lot of chips, especially tight aggressive players.