Golf- US Open

Re: Golf- US Open

I still reckon Woods is generous at 3/1 - he came back from the death of his dad to win the British open last summer, so I cant see his impending fatherhood being a hinderance to such an astutely concentrated player.
Got tiger @ 4/1 outright winner today with william hills and leathered it ! as mentioned previously his course-management is unrivalled in golf today and along with his driving length for the easier par 4's, he is red-hot favourite. Took the 125/1 for Ritchie Ramsay top British/Irish finisher e/w at totesport 1 2 3 for a place - 1/4 odds best of luck to all :hope

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Golf- US Open For us unfortunate types who don't have Sky, can anyone recommend a good internet site for following the scores? Usually go on PGAtour.com which has a fantastic live scoreboard (including play-by-play commentary) but that is not being used for the US Open. Best I have found is: http://www.usopen.com/scoring/uni/alllb.htm Does anyone know of a better one?

Re: Golf- US Open Meant to post my picks up yesterday but totally forgot. I went for Adam Scott outright, apart from his final round last week he played a belting tourney, I think he can carry forward his good form. As an e/w I went for Shaun Micheel - also a good result last week in the Stanford and was just too good a price to turn down at 200/1. Steve.

Re: Golf- US Open What do the following TOP CLASS golfers have in common; Stewart Cink Trevor Immelman Sergio Garcia Davis Love Adam Scott Padraig Harrington Colin Montgomerie Robert Karlsson Henrik Stenson Robert Allenby Reteif Goosen They all miss the Cut, Mickelson scrapes in by one shot! Cant think what the winning score will be, probrably 6 over or something. Not sure about the way they set the courses up, i certainly havnt enjoyed watching them struggle this much. Lets hope a European can go on and win it!

Re: Golf- US Open 2 Ball WOODS to beat Dougherty Woods +2 shots on handicap @ 4/5 Paddy Power Dougherty must surely be low on confidence after terrible round of 77 yesterday, just got worse as the round went on really. Now he realises he probably can't win and has blown his chance away, playing with Woods makes things even worse for him, the big crowds will be with them, something Dougherty may have never experienced before, he is a man who chokes under pressure when he is in the spotlight ina tournament. Woods played bad yesterday, a round of 74, he would have won this bet if this was yesterday, should have a steady round today and get himself within a chance of winning. Its all in the mind really when you're in a two ball with Tiger! Top Australasian Geoff Ogilvy @ 3/1 Paddy Power Stuart Appleby @ 11/2 Paddy Power Look like a 3 runner race now. Baddeley +2. Ogilvy +6 Appleby +6 Baddeley has the less experience of the three in majors, he is younger wheras the other two have got used to all the big crowds & everything, there is a very good chance he will choke today. Ogilvy won the tournament last year, he had poor round yesterday but at least he is not with Tiger today. Appleby has had a solid tournament, one of those players who keeps plodding away, makes few mistakes. I think one of the two will pass Baddeley easily.

Re: Golf- US Open Couple of 2 balls tonight I like. 10pts S.Appleby to beat A.Cabrera 2.06 Betfair Match tees off at 1920 BST. Angel Cabrera lies one stroke ahead of Stuart Appleby in the tournament but their scores are going in different directions. Cabrera made a great start to the tournament and led after 36 holes but then a 76 has sent him back to a tie for 7th. Appleby went round in 74 on Day 1 but rounds of 72 and 71 have been good efforts in the subsequent 2 days. Appleby's character is that of a guy who is going to knuckle down and take what's there for him. Even at +7 he's not completely out of this golf tournament. Meanwhile Cabrera is a bit like a volcano and when he erupts he completely loses his cool and can run up any number round here. Appleby's straightness and his putting holds him in good stead and I'm confident he'll outscore the Argentine. 10pts J.Rose to beat B.Watson 8/11 Blue Square Match tees off at 1940 BST. Justin Rose has turned into a real solid golfer and he showed at Augusta in April that he can handle the pressure of a tough course on the Sunday of a major when the heat is really on. He was under pressure in the final round there too having got off to a dodgy start he bounced back very well and T5 eventually. Bubba Watson hasn't experienced anything like that sort of pressure and there were signs yesterday that as the heat intensified he melted. His antics at the 9th were that of a guy who was uncomfortable with where he was and any signs of that today and he won't get near Rose. Both guys have a chance of winning this tournament still but Watson is an all or nothing merchant and I just sense today could be nothing while Rose will potter around the course giving himself chances and aim to get the win. Whether he wins the event or not is debatable but I'm very confident he'll outscore his American opponent.

Re: Golf- US Open Was fancying a couple of bets today. Interesting bet with justin rose there kev. I know what you're saying with rose playing steady all the way round and bubba losing the head a bit but with his hitting power and the fact they've moved the tees forward in 2 of the par fours which now makes them reachable for the bigger hitters i've a wee fancy for him. Odds of 2.76 at betfair as well. Also tempted by paul casey who after a horrible first round had a brilliant second round and then a pretty steady third round. At odds of 2.06 at betfair i may take it. Agree with your other bet Kev, Appleby should have too much for cabrera but i'm not going to touch it. So the bets are: 3pts on Bubba Watson @ 2.76 (betfair) vs Justin Rose 5pts on Paul Casey @ 2.06 (betfair) vs Stephen Ames Hopefully be an exciting final day!!! :loon

Re: Golf- US Open

How much longer is this going for??? 1hr?
until everyone has completed 18 holes, and if scores are still level at the top then an 18 hole play off tommorow in terms of hours it's like saying how long is a piece of string - they could still be playing in 24 hours time

Re: Golf- US Open Yep I think Cabrera was a worthy winner. Amazing how Tiger doesn't get a birdie in the last 30+ holes, yet still in with a chance at the last! Had a couple of losing bets yesterday, but found the coverage extremely frustrating - they didn't show past the first page of the leaderboard in the last hour or so, didn't even show the tickertape showing the players' scores, and seemed happier showing the leaders hanging around waiting to play shots rather than showing other players playing shots.

Re: Golf- US Open Some true cojones from Cabrera on the 18th, I thought he was going to bottle another tournament but he played the last superbly and deserved his win after that last round. I made a few daft in-play bets (backing Geoff Ogilvy after the 1st round wasn't the smartest of moves!) but some of my pre tournament bets turned out pretty well. Niclas Fasth easily finished top Scandinavian at 8-1, Toms landed me place odds of 12.5-1 and as everyone seemed to collapse in the last round steady Tim Clark managed to finish 4th ROTW player at 8/1 place odds.