Me again :)

Hey guys Maybe you remember, I was the one to show great interest in horse racing and wanted to know everything. Everybody was so helpful here I'm still amazed. My interest in horse racing only got bigger. Well, anyway, I've been researching and betting now for a while and I've been doing not-so-bad. I'm neither loosing nor gaining basically I'm always at the start. Well, what I found out is that very often I get a bad price. I see that getting a good price is basically the key to winning more with betting. For example, if I'm laying a horse and I lay it at 3.5 and it falls to 3, and lets say the horse wins I loose a lot more money in the long run. I used to bet mostly on tennis and football and the changes in odds are not nearly as big as in horse racing so this is a completely new thing for me. If somebody could give me some advice, pointers, links or any kind of help on this kind of thing, I think I could start winning at betting on horses in the long run. Thanks in advance and good luck with your betting :hope

Re: Me again :) Nikola, glad to see you are enjoying yourself in this frustrating and fascinating sport, to be honest for once there is no difinitve answer to your question, when to take a price, when not to take a price is probrably the one thing that bugs most punters. Its all about what you think is value 'in your opinion' the end price really doesnt matter as long as you think you got the edge or had decent value, you will never always obtain the best price, not even the 'pro's' manage that. As you have said the prices on Horse Racing are far more volotile than in any other betting event so that in itself makes it nigh on impossible to guarantee the best odds especially on the exchanges, you can get some online bookies that will do 'BOG' races but not for laying purposes. The only advice i could give and others will have their opinion, is to lay horses only when there is a fair amount of liquidity on the race and usually as close to the off as possible, this will ensure a more accurate reflection on the prices, but again it doesnt mean you couldnt have layed it at a better price earlier, some price up their own market and will have a certain price that they are willing to 'lay' at, once that price has been achieved they are happy that they have the value and dont care what it ends up. I have been in this game a long time and people get hung up on this subject, my advice would be dont dwell on it too much, theres no magic formula to getting the best price on every race, like i said as long you think you have gained some value then take it and move on to the next race, the thing that will lose you money in the long run is if you take a price that you know is bad value, i suppose that only comes with experience, no-one can teach you that. Good luck my friend

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.