Tournament Re-Buy Strategy

Guest gazza271

Guest gazza271

Tonight Mr V and myself played in the SO Boss $7k guarenteed, $10 entry with unlimited rebuys in the first hour and an add on at the break. Started with about 350 runners. Money places started at 30th Now I do not normally play re-buys and to be honest I struggled a bit, especially early on. Intention was to play tight ABC poker and hopefully double/treble up from some of the looser players but it never happened and my chip stack dwindled away and I ended up shoving with a mid PP and coming up against AK and seeing an A on the river :\ . Took a re-buy and carried on, won a few chips and at first break was on about 4.5k. The average at this stage was about 12-15k so didnt bother with the add on, thinking again of an early double up :hope After the break managed to accumulate a few chips but to be honest was always in the bottom half of the remaining players and eventually went out in about 55th :sad Any of you out there play re-buys on a regular basis ? Would be interested in any and all opinions :ok Was I right to go with the ABC plan or should I have been LAG and been prepared for a couple of re-buys ?

Re: Tournament Re-Buy Strategy Assuming no significant overlay, I like the TAG ABC plan...... I would probably have added on - an extra 1500 here is worth far more to you than another 1500 chips if you had 20,000!!!! If you double up, you are on 12,000 instead of 9,000.... Also it gives you a little more time before the blinds come knocking.... more time to wait for a premium hand..... If you want to play a $10 rebuy though - you cannot beat the BetonBet game at the moment......last night had a $550 overlay (after rebuys and add ons) with just 18 entrants!!!

Re: Tournament Re-Buy Strategy you ahve to be prepared to rebuy once and unless you have a monster stack - always add on UNLESS you are prepared to shove after the break any 2 reasonable cards and :hope I tend to limp early levels in late position with connectors to try to hit some cards, so i don't have to rebuy :) - and don't be afriad to shove QQ etc if you raise and are re-raised early either - folks shove and raise with not much IMHO to get chips levels I-III Damo

Tonight Mr V and myself played in the SO Boss $7k guarenteed, $10 entry with unlimited rebuys in the first hour and an add on at the break. Started with about 350 runners. Money places started at 30th Now I do not normally play re-buys and to be honest I struggled a bit, especially early on. Intention was to play tight ABC poker and hopefully double/treble up from some of the looser players but it never happened and my chip stack dwindled away and I ended up shoving with a mid PP and coming up against AK and seeing an A on the river :\ . Took a re-buy and carried on, won a few chips and at first break was on about 4.5k. The average at this stage was about 12-15k so didnt bother with the add on, thinking again of an early double up :hope After the break managed to accumulate a few chips but to be honest was always in the bottom half of the remaining players and eventually went out in about 55th :sad Any of you out there play re-buys on a regular basis ? Would be interested in any and all opinions :ok Was I right to go with the ABC plan or should I have been LAG and been prepared for a couple of re-buys ?