** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

C N Allen/Ramsden

Odyssey

This shrewd yard have pulled it off yet again. They have managed to get a horse thats been chasing and hurdling in France,win a class D maiden event on the all weather(first try on this surface) Had'nt run for 920 days and just one recent outing on the jumps 16 days ago,according to the post. Won at 7/2!!!,how much money was down for this horse. This horse was priced at 16/1 by the post for this race. They pulled the same co off a little while back with Jake the Snake,first time out on the all-weather returned 2's,after I spotted it in the post at 16's. Alan Brazil mentioned something about a jump horse last week,this must have been it. No doubt he'll mention it tomorrow on he's breakfast show. Gutted,was probably a big price on the exchanges:(

Guest Khartoum

Re: C N Allen/Ramsden Hello George 04, Yes another winner for the yard. Must admit myself I don't rate the Post's betting forecasts, always thought the Life's were much better. With regards to Jake the Snake, I can't believe that anybody would of got a massive price about it. I heard it talked about on the radio about 6 weeks b4 it ran by Charlie McCann, even Hawksbee & Jacobs had been told to back it when it runs. I saw it work on the weekend b4 it ran & they were saying they hoped it was a minimum Group 3 horse next year, so if I knew thousands knew. When we went around the yard Brazil said that Allen had been pissing about with Prince Aaron & since that he has won twice. Mountcharge was another that Brazil talked about & he seemed really pissed off with the ride it received & felt it was alot better than that. However, it hasn't run since. Must admit didn't know alot about Allen, but seems to be doing OK at present, not sure how much Brazil knows but he seems pretty enthusiastic about his racing. Personally, if I was Ramsden I'm not so sure that I'd like all my fancied horses being talked about on a National Radio station, but maybe that'll change. One other thing one of the blokes that works for the racing club, reckoned he was Martin Dwyer & Richard Mullen's agent, thought he was full of @#%$ myself but if Brazil ever tips up one of theirs could be worth a second look. All the best, Khartoum.

Re: C N Allen/Ramsden Hi Khartoum Brazil reviled all as I thought he would on this morning's breakfast show,they were on at 9's :eek Jake the Snake Didnt Know he had been tipped up as a group horse,It must have past me by. Prince Aaron who finished second the time before it had the two back to back wins,I backed it,but I think they only mentioned it after it had run.But Brazil was very opptimistic on the radio the next time it run,and it duly obliged. He also stated,think it was monday,he was tipped on Saturday, one of Lenny Lugo's called JOLIKA,and that duly obliged at 3's (fav) ridden by a 5lb claimer Mountcharge Is a horse owned by the Alan Brazil Racing Club,it's always been ridden by Gary Carter,who is quite a experinced flat jockey,and judging by the right up of this horses last race the jockey gave the horse to much to do after sitting off the pace,how many time's have jockeys been excused of that. This Horse might be being saved for the early part of the flat season,and I will be waiting :smokin Oh yes,the two jockeys you mentioned Khartoum,I'll keep my eyes peeled :) George