Both Ends SnG at Laddies

GaF

:unsure Both Ends SnG Tournaments Our new 'Both Ends' Sit and Go tournaments are available now at a variety of stake levels. Finish at either end and you will win 50% of the prize pool. Will you sit tight and go for 1st place or throw your chips in first hand and hope to get knocked out before the rest? It's up to you but your choice of strategy could be crucial if you are to going to land the money in first or last place. 'Both Ends' rules found below: Each tournament starts once 8 players have registered. First and last places win 50% of the prize pool each Players receive 1,000 chips, blinds are 5 minutes and there is a 20 second response time. Seats are randomly assigned and there will be no changes allowed. At the start of the tournament, poker players will high card for the button. One card is dealt face up to all players, the player with the highest card by suit starts on the button. If two or more players are eliminated in the same hand, the player with the most chips at the start of the hand will be placed higher. If the chips are tied then the player closest to the button will be placed higher and the furthest away from it will therefore be placed lower . The player on the button is deemed to be furthest away from it and will be placed lowest if eliminated when the chips are tied.

Both Ends!

Re: Bothe Ends SnG at Laddies Yes. And if nobody else goes all in before him, then somebody else should call ... if nobody else does before it gets to the player on his right, then that player should call, as he's guaranteed either to be first out or to double up.

Re: Bothe Ends SnG at Laddies More interesting - should I have called on the cutoff? I had 2 ways of winning - by having the best hand or by slap having the best hand ..... only one player in before me....

Re: Bothe Ends SnG at Laddies

Isn't there the problem that if multi players go out the first hand that the prize pool is split? Or does it really matter since your share should be bigger than the buyin?
No, the rules say the button (or if not him, the player furthest from the button) wins the "loser's" prize.

Isn't there the problem that if multi players go out the first hand that the prize pool is split? Or does it really matter since your share should be bigger than the buyin?
If two or more players are eliminated in the same hand, the player with the most chips at the start of the hand will be placed higher. If the chips are tied then the player closest to the button will be placed higher and the furthest away from it will therefore be placed lower . The player on the button is deemed to be furthest away from it and will be placed lowest if eliminated when the chips are tied. Therefore aren't the tournaments a lottery ? to see who gets the button, while the remaining 7 players fighting for a reduced prizepool ? Sure they'll be popular though.

Re: Bothe Ends SnG at Laddies Read post 1 ;) If multiple players go out first hand, then nearest the button wins Game 3 - changed tactic .... all in first hand - within 5 mins I'm heads up!!!!

Therefore aren't the tournaments a lottery to see who gets the button, while the remaining 9 (?) players fighting for a reduced prizepool ? Sure they'll be popular though.
I dont think everyone, especially in the early days, will grasp the strategy .... though I havent seen a button fold yet!!!

I dont think everyone' date=' especially in the early days, will grasp the strategy .... though I havent seen a button fold yet!!![/quote'] I think what most people aren't grasping is that it may not be right to go all in first hand if you're not in a favourable position. I'm typically finding myself playing a 4-seat STT after the first hand with an eighth of the chips, so I probably have about my original equity, even when I'm not the button.

Re: Both Ends SnG at Laddies Well these are different just played 2 games, not in position for all in. Won one, after my tight play was all in pre flop with 10, 10 called by j 5 and 5 2 on my 3rd now start off under the gun :-(

Re: Both Ends SnG at Laddies Wot a game, All but one person all in on first hand, Ps I am cmsrw22 > RBOOTH1 wins 7,020 with Three of a Kind, Tens > cmsrw22 has left the tournament in 8th place, winning $8 > paulcart has left the tournament in 7th place > fil69 has left the tournament in 6th place > eddieboy24 has left the tournament in 5th place > pokeyerhynem has left the tournament in 4th place > mrs_mojo has left the tournament in 3rd place This is a Fast play table The maximum bet response time is 20 seconds