Virgin V points

gavham

Re: Virgin V points air miles are not the same as "real" miles ..... 2000 air miles do not mean you can do a return trip within a range of 1000 miles!! Try to think of "air miles" as a currency rather than a distance.... Here's some examples (from the "sale") of how far your air miles will go... MILES FURTHER ECONOMY FLIGHTS

To/From UKNormal Economy Fare Sale Fare 20% Off Best Availability Month 2007
US
NEW YORK (JFK and NEWARK)45,00036,000May-Dec
WASHINGTON DC45,00036,000May, Jul, Sep-Dec
CHICAGO50,00040,000May, Jul-Dec
ORLANDO50,00040,000May-Dec
ORLANDO to/from MANCHESTER50,00040,000May-Jul, Sep-Dec
CARIBBEAN
BARBADOS50,00040,000May-Dec
BARBADOS to/from MANCHESTER50,00040,000May-Dec
INDIA
DELHI50,00040,000May-Jun, Aug-Nov
MUMBAI50,00040,000May-Dec
FAR EAST
SHANGHAI60,00048,000May-Dec
Goto the flying club at http://www.virgin-atlantic.com for full details...

Re: Virgin V points I think quite a few have used them - it's all automatic on the web, no pitfalls I can think of... Though I am a little unsure of the value of using them for flights .....in general, I have the impression converting them into cash, then later buying flights with cash, will be similar (in economy - booking "upper class" with points looks advantagous). Think there are "companion" flights too - a second ticket for a small number of points which is good value....

Re: Virgin V points

ah i see' date=' thanks for the info, didnt think it would be that easy. have any of you guys used them is it straight forward to do?[/quote'] Having won a ridiculously large amount of miles, and quite a few Vpoints too, I can comment on this knowledgeably! :dude :dude :dude Transferring Vpoints to miles can be done automatically through the Virgin poker website - takes about a week to hit your account. Best thing is to wait for them to run a 2-for-1 offer like they did last December. By far the best value you can get from miles is to book an Upper Class fare. These only cost x2 miles compared to economy, whereas if you pay cash, the cost of UC is normally x3 or x4. The Virgin Clubhouse at LHR kicks ass! Booking flights is easy through the Virgin Atlantic website. However, there is limited availability of redemption fares, so it's best to book in far advance. In particular, note that there are almost no UC reward seats on the flights to Vegas - if you want to go there, you're probably better off flying to San Francisco or Los Angeles and driving/flying from there - this is what I'm doing in September. Some routes are better than others - there are generally plenty of UC reward seats to the US East Coast cities.