Hockey World Championships 3 - 6/5

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Switzerland-Finland
Selection Finland-2.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 03/05/2007
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.81 (Back)
Reasoning Switzerland had their first big test against Sweden yesterday. They lost 6-0 and that game showed that they have nothing to get from these better teams. I rank Finland as a stronger team than Finland. They've looked strong so far, despite losing to Russia in their last game. They should cover this handicap anyway.
Sport Ice Hockey
Event Switzerland-Finland
Selection Over 6.5 goals
Strength 5/10
Date 03/05/2007
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.86 (Back)
Reasoning At this price, I must try this one. I'm confident that Finland can score at least 5-6 goals in this one, and Switzerland has some qualities and could easily score one or two themselves. With over 5.5 being at 1.80, 2.86 for over 6.5 is huge imo and it's not impossible at all that this line will be covered.
Sport Ice Hockey
Event Slovakia-USA
Selection Over 5.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 03/05/2007
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.94 (Back)
Reasoning Really nice price here. Other bookies have the over at around 1.70. Both teams have some real offensive skilled players. Goalies of both teams do not look very solid to me. 5/6 games these two have played so far has gone over and a lot of goals is scored in this tournament. I don't see why this shouldn't be another goal-party!
Sport Ice Hockey
Event Denmark-Sweden
Selection Sweden-4.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 03/05/2007
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning Sweden has ran over their opponents so far. 6-goal wins against Italy, Latvia and Switzerland. It's difficult to rank these teams, but Denmark isn't better than Latvia and Switzerland imo. They have a line of fairly good players including Frans Nielsen, Peter Regin and Morten Green, but the rest are not good at all. Sweden should win this with 5-6 goals imo. Hirsch in the danish net, if he'll be the goalie, will have a busy night for sure. He were the goalie in my team Leksand this season. He had some good times, but one have to remember that this was in Allsvenskan and in the WC he just hasn't got what it takes.
Sport Ice Hockey
Event Germany-Czech Republic
Selection Over 5.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 03/05/2007
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.75 (Back)
Reasoning Another good looking over imo. The Czechs have impressed me so far. They have a really good team, but as most teams in this tournament, their offense look better than their defense. Their first real test was against USA in the last round. They won the game 4-3, but it was a strange one. USA equalized with 4 minutes left but the Czechs pulled the winner with one minute left. Germany have also been involved in two "overs" so far and I can see them scoring a pair or so here. A 5-2 sin for the Czechs is what I predict =).
GL!:ok

Re: Hockey World Championships 3/5 I am pretty much sure today well see a lot of similar picks posted in this thread, but here are my views... Switzerland – Finland

No doubt in my mind that Fines should cover that, theyre better team and imo the only factor that could affect the succes of this bet is the time of their first goal. Yesterday game of Swiss team vs. Sweden could be the bets benchmark for this game, as soon as Switzerland conceeded they got reverded with 4 more in same quarter – i expect probably the same from this game today. Finland -2.5 @ 1.80 @ Expekt

USA – Slovakia

Was thinking about betting sides in this one, as the odds Pinny offer for the Slovaks are pretty much over the top (2.26 for their win) as i rate them at least on the same level as USA on this tournament – but given the fact Slovaks had hard game vs Canada yesterday and odds that are offered for over i find totals betting as a better bet in this game. With the amount of Power plays refs are whistling on this tournament its hard to see this one not going over the totals set - also the odds for over are near even, so imo a good bet. Over 5.5 (Ot excl) @ 1.94 @ Pinnacle

Denmark – Sweden

Danes did what they come to do on this tournament – and this is to stay in elite group. So for them the champs in practically over nad they play only for pride. OK, this might give them a slight edge but the quality difference between those two is huge – with consideration that Sweden is using i think only 1 NHL player, the players from domestic leagues will want to do their best – lots of scouts on the stands and we will be probably be seeing a hefty amount of future NHL stars on ice otday Not to forget the »love« between neighbour counties.. This game has IMO clear Sweden win and also over written all over it. Sweden -4.5 @ 1.86 @ Pinnacle

Over 7 (Ot excl) @ 1.86 @ Pinnacle

Germany - Czech Republic

Czechs can score, no doubt about that and despite i rate Germans as a team with most quality - from those that are here to just make the numbers, theyre simply caught somwhere in the middle. They have no chances of reaching the top spots and also feel comfortable about not plunging out of the elite group. So i expect a relaxed game from Germans who will probably try and get something out of this game, but sincerely talking Czechs are the team with more quality and they should win that one with at least two or three goals. But simply cant find any vale in them (-2.5 @ 1.649 @ Pinnacle), but the over, which i also believe is achieveable easier as the spread betting, is valued at 1.75 – so IMO that has some value in it. Over 5.5 (Ot excl) @ 1.75 @ Pinnacle

Re: Hockey World Championships 3/5 14:15 Switzerland - Finland Pick: under 6 Stake: 6/10 Odds: 1.87 Bookmaker: 5dimes Two most defensive oriented team in this tournament. Both are traditionally relying on defense more and you can see it from their scores: Finland: Ukraine - Finland 0:5 (0:1, 0:3, 0:1) Finland - Denmark 6:2 (3:1, 1:0, 2:1) Finland - Russia 4-5 (1-2, 0-2, 3-1) Switzerland Switzerland - Latvia 2:1 (0:0, 2:1, 0:0) Switzerland - Italy 2-1 (1-0, 0-0, 1-1) Sweden - Switzerland 6-0 (0-0, 5-0, 1-0) In normal condition it would be 8/10 bet, BUT: 1. Switzerland played yesterday and they could be tired 2. In this championship refreeing is really strict and there are lots of penalties and PP so there are more chances for goals 3. Finland showed really great fire power in their game against Russia But there are also few things that point to under, except that both teams prefer to play defensive (i hope that Suiss won't crack in one period like against Sweden in 2/3 when they've conceded five). There is long tradition of under in their games. I can't find their game going in over 6 in last eight years (on bigger tournaments). Another plus is really bad Suiss attacking abilities and i don't see them scoring more then one today. The way i see the game: Finnland takes an early lead of two or three goals difference and then slowers the game and Suiss is unable to score again, i see result like 4:1 and i hope that too much penalties won't ruin it. This is my only pick for today, i don't like -4,5 hcp on Sweden as they've played yesterday (but they should cover it), also i'm not taking Slovakia because they've played yesterday aswell (it should be a tight game) and in Germany - Czech R. game i belive Czechs will win but not with hcp. Good Luck

Re: Hockey World Championships 3/5 Sweden -4 @ 1.75 (Centrebet) Sweden have surprised me a bit so far, I was sure they would win the matches in the first groupstage, but not so convincing. Switzerland was supposed to be a tough nut to crack according to many, but after a goalless 1st Sweden scored 5 in the 2nd and got an easy win 6-0. Denmark are a weaker team than Switzerland, and although it's not easy to win with many goals every time I don't hesitate to back Sweden today again. Germany-Czech Republic over 5.5 goals @ 1.73 (Pinnacle) Germany played a very important and tough match vs Norway yesterday, so they might be a bit worn out, also I'm not very impressed by their defence so far. Czech Republic are, of course, a much stronger team, and might actually cover this line themselves, but I think Germany with their pretty good attacking with many fast skaters will score a few too, so over looks very likely. USA - Slovakia over 5.5 goals @ 1.84 (Pinnacle) I think this tournament of overs will continue, there has been lots and lots of powerplays, meaning lots of goals in almost every match. Slovakia are small favourites here, but USA can surely give them a tough fight, and USA have enough fire power to score a couple. Slovakia to win by small margin, but over 5.5 is my choice for this one.

Re: Hockey World Championships 3/5

Thursday 3 May 2007
HomeTieAwaybookmakers margin on event. however they do not take account commissions that may be charged. align="middle">sp.gifBPP
Switzerland v Finland (13:15 BST)20.0011.501.15101%
USA v Slovak Republic (13:15 BST)2.924.602.20102%
Denmark v Sweden (17:15 BST)95.0032.001.04101%
Germany v Czech Republic (17:15 BST)24.0011.001.15101%

Re: Hockey World Championships 3/5 I'm having a great day, today. I was at local bookie in the morning and found market for end of 1st/end of match. I've got 5.65 for X/2 in Switzerland - Finland match:clap Now, back online: Denmark - Sweden Highest scoring period: 1st (3.10 @ Bet365) I see two possible scenarios in this match: -in first, Sweden will give their best at the beginning and, after securing the win, play more relaxed and rest the players -in second, Sweden will struggle at the beginning and Denmark will be strong enough to cope with them in the first period The 1st scenario is more likely. Sweden played yesterday, but Denmark had a lot harder match day before and they will be as tired as Sweden is. They had to play full 60 minutes of demanding hockey against Ukraine. Sweden merely defend PP's in the last period against Switzerland. I think Sweden will want to settle this win as soon as possible. If Hirsch will be goalkeeping for Denmark, Swedish forwards will have all the chances for easier scoring. Hirsch was really bad against Russia and Madsen was a good substitute, but for some reason Dannish coach favours Hirsch. He let 2 easy goals slipp behind him against Ukraine. So, I'm expecting high scoring 1st period and relaxed match afterwards.

Re: Hockey World Championships 3/5 What's going on in Sweden - Denmark match???:eek I see that Hirsch is not on goal for Denmark, but how it's possible that Denmark leads 2:1? In the other match Germany has 1:0 lead. They were better team. They were very active and great in penalty killing. It seems that Czechs are not motivated enough for this match. Things will probably change in the 2nd period.

Re: Hockey World Championships 3/5

Friday 4 May 2007
HomeTieAwaybookmakers margin on event. however they do not take account commissions that may be charged. align="middle">sp.gifBPP
Austria v Norway (13:15 BST)2.564.602.44102%
Canada v Belarus (13:15 BST)1.1013.0023.00103%
Latvia v Ukraine (17:15 BST)1.655.004.70102%
Russia v Italy (17:15 BST)1.0218.0036.00107%

Re: Hockey World Championships 3 - 4/5 Yup, some strange results, no doubt. CBG: What's your op. about Austria - Norway? I'm tempted by Norway's odds I must say, also maybe +0.5 for Ukraine.

Re: Hockey World Championships 3 - 4/5 Oh, definitely. I'd like Austria to avoid relegation. They are starting to build respectable team for the future, but they are not strong enough, yet. Norway is my favorite to win this group. Germany was better team in the last match, but Norway showed some glimpses of their capabilities. Their biggest problem is defence and if they can sort things out in the back, they will have no problems against any team. Austria has poor scoring efficiency (5 goals in 72 attempts), poor PP% and poor penalty killing. They shouldn't be tough cake for Norway. Latvia is a team of experience. That experience could win them a match, but only if they get an early lead and control the pace of the match. Ukraine is willing to fight, but they tend to get impatient at moments. I see a lot of penalties in this match and not much skating. Probably explosive first period and then choppy play afterwards. Ukraine's advantage is their younger age. This will be 4th match in a week and 35+ years old in Latvia will have difficulties with stamina. I think that I will bet on Ukraine and on 1st period to be the highest scoring.

Re: Hockey World Championships 3 - 4/5 Thanks for the input, CBG, very useful. I'll try Norway dnb or ML, Lads have them at 1.90, I agree with you, Norway does look more solid than Austria, too bad Modo's top scorer Skröder wasn't allowed to enter Russia yesterday :eyes , that would have been even better news for Norway and this bet. Also Ukraine +0.5 over evens might be something for me, have to sleep on that one!

Re: Hockey World Championships 3 - 4/5 Yeah, I will sleep on those bets also. i don't like placing any bets this late in the evening. I saw a good offer at Centrebet: Patrick Thoresen to score at 2.65. Much was expected of Oilers' rookie in Norway's offence. But, he only got 1 assist so far. He does try a lot (7 goal shots - only Ask and Trygg have more). As I said, Austria is bad in penalty killing and it could be easier for him to score in this match.

Re: Hockey World Championships 3 - 4/5

Yeah, I will sleep on those bets also. i don't like placing any bets this late in the evening. I saw a good offer at Centrebet: Patrick Thoresen to score at 2.65. Much was expected of Oilers' rookie in Norway's offence. But, he only got 1 assist so far. He does try a lot (7 goal shots - only Ask and Trygg have more). As I said, Austria is bad in penalty killing and it could be easier for him to score in this match.
Interesting, he will score one goal this tournament, no doubt, why not in this one.

Re: Hockey World Championships 3 - 4/5 Norway dnb @ 1.86 (Pinnacle) The way I see it Norway should win this one, they have a pretty solid and experienced team, and have shown some good defending in this tournament. Austria looks a bit slower and also not so well organized as Norway. I have waited many years for Norwegian hockey to improve, I thought it would go faster, but finally they look to have a team that can show some decent results and also might get better over the next few years. This match a cruical one, and I see Norway as winners. As I don't like to bet on the lottery like o.t. I choose dnb. Russia -5.5 @ 1.95 (Pinnacle) Ok, I hope Russia won't relax too much today: Italy should be pleased with reaching this stage, but they will have nothing to get from the rest of the tournament. Russia beat Denmark 9-1 and Ukraine 8-1, two teams that are pretty even with Italy. Russia will not hold back in front of their homecrowd and are far to good for Italy, I expect lots of pp's for Russia and a big home win.

Re: Hockey World Championships 3 - 4/5 Now here are bookies reactions to totals, as somebody thought it might happen. In Russia match total set to 7,5 goals, Canada match 6,5 goals. And to make life harder for us punters again :puke:wall

Re: Hockey World Championships 3 - 4/5 [email protected] Betfair I can see Norway winning this one. Austria have been without chance in all of their games while Norway has shaken Canada and they also had an ok one against Germany where they were up 3-2 but lost 3-5 in the end. Norway has a couple of profiles. Thoresen ofc, who is playing in NHL. But also a bunch of players who are or who have been playing in Elitserien. I think the Norweigans have a good chance of winning this and the price is right imo. [email protected] Pinnacle (slashed quite a bit) Russia will show no mercy here. Italy has achived more than most people thought by getting past the first group stage. Not that it really matter, but I think the Italians are quite satisfied now. Russia won against Denmark 9-1 and Ukraine 8-1. Italy are at the same level as these teams or probably a bit weaker. Sweden beat the Italians 7-1 and Russia is a team with more qualities than the Swedes.' [email protected] Expekt' Latvia has been very poor so far. I expected them to reach the second round quite easy by beating Italy but no, it didn't happen. Ukraine fought well in their decisive last game against Denmark. However they came up just short and lost the game 3-4. Latvia should be favourites in this one and they are. I just expect a more tight game than the bookies. The key for Ukraine is to stay out of the box. If they can get less penalties than in previous games they should have a good chance here and with a 1.5 goal advantage I feel that they can win this

Re: Hockey World Championships 3 - 4/5 14:15 Canada - Belarus Pick: over 6.5 Stake: 6/10 Odds: 2.00 Bookmaker: Expekt Results of both teams so far, Belarus: Belarus - Czech R. 2:8 (1:4, 1:1, 0:3) USA - Belarus 5:1 (3:0, 2:0, 0:1) Austria - Belarus 2-5 (1-2, 1-2, 0-1) Canada Germany - Canada 2:3 (1:1, 1:1, 0:1) Canada - Norway 4-2 (2-1, 0-1, 2-0) Canada - Slovakia 5-4 (1-1, 3-2, 1-1) I think that so far Belarus team was underachiving and i think they should start playing better now, on the other side Canadian team had problems in every game and i don't feel comfortable with handicap, they already allowed more goals then it was expected and played close with every team. In game agaisnt Slovakia they showed what are they capable of and i think that that win is boost for their self-confidence. Belarus are certainly weaker team, but at this stage it isn't so important. Their last meeting finished 4:3 in Belarus (!) favor (2nd May 2006.) and that was a big surprise it could happend again easily. But now, why i favor over more?! Belarus first goalie Mezin has cold and won't play today (that isn't a huge blow as Belarus changed goalie every period icon_smile.gif) their starter will be young rookie Goryachevskikh who will play his first really important game for NT. I can't see nothing but a high scoring game here, Belarus aren't so weak in attack, but this certainly isn't championship for goalies, too many PP and high scoring efficency of some teams made this IHWC an "over" championship and i belive it will stay this way. Canada team won Slovakia because of great PP, if they repeat half of it in this game it should be an easy over. 14:15 Austria - Norway Pick: Norway DNB Stake: 6/10 Odds: 1.75 Bookmaker: 10bet Both teams came to relegation round with three loses, Austria results so far: USA - Austria 6:2 (3:1, 1:1, 2:1) Czech R. - Austria 6:1 (2:0, 1:1, 3:0) Austria - Belarus 2-5 (1-2, 1-2, 0-1) Norway results: Slovakia - Norway 3:0 (2:0, 1:0, 0:0) Canada - Norway 4-2 (2-1, 0-1, 2-0) Norway - Germany 3-5 (0-2, 3-3, 0-0) As you can see Norway results were a bit better, furthermore, i belive they have better attacking abilities, their form seems to improve as the tournament goes by, and in Austria we can see first bigger problems, expirienced Divis will be between the bars instead of Brueckler which made Brueckler very dissappointed and their team moral is kind of low. Another plus for Norway is Austrian bad PP, bad penalty killing and i can't see any different outcome but Norway win. Still i decided for DNB because of recent surprises on IHWC, but i will also play Norway -1,5 for a small stake as i think they are able to win this and odds are too high and i will regret if i don't try it... About other two games, hcp for Russia seems to high, especially as at this stage i don't see them going for "crushing" the opponent, but resting after comfortable lead. In Latvia - Ukraine game i can see under because of importance, but because of refreeing i won't take it, also i favor Latvia, maybe because of their name, maybe because of Ukraine problems but it will be a tough match. Good Luck :hope

Re: Hockey World Championships 3 - 4/5 I've spent a lot of time thinking about today's matches and I'm not much wiser now. Hard day for betting is ahead. Norway to win (2.20 @ 10bet) Patrick Thoresen to score (2.65 @ Centrebet) Both teams had only one goal before the WC: to avoid relegation. They are investing in hockey development and the fruits will come in years ahead. As G:G noticed, Norway should already make some progress. They were having rooster problems and their forward lines are not as strong as they could be. Austria played better in preparation matches and I expected them to avoid this group. But, they have met to big problems. First one is refereeing. New rules are favoring technically expirenced teams and Austria is not among them. They get a lot of stupid penalties. Their most common mistake is pushing opponent from the back. And their penalty killing is poor. Because of that, they lost to Belarus and are now in the relegation group. The second problem is in the fact that they are not playing as a team. They are not in unisone and it seemes that some players were trying to steel the spotlight. This could change, after beeing grounded by Belarus. Norway will know how to use the PP if they get them. And they will. Their rooster is, on paper, stronger in forward lines, but the strikers haven't showed much. Deffence is solid for now and if they got it to work today, they'll have no problems. The forwards are expected to do more than in previous matches. OK, Skroder definitely won't be joining the team, but they still have players that should easily handle Austrian defence and poor penalty killings. And one of them is Patrick Thoresen. Oiler's rookie has only 1 assist so far and he is capable of much more. He had 7 goal attempts and today could be his turn to finally score. Especially if they got a lot of PowerPlays.

Re: Hockey World Championships 3 - 4/5 Canada to win -3 (1.62 @ 10bet) Highest scoring period: 1st (3.10 @ Bet365) Canada is improving their form in each match. They started really slow, but in the lats match won against Slovakia. Belarus won against Austria, but scored 4 out of 5 goals in PP. It won't be that easy against Canada. I'm taking this smaller odds handicape, because it's hard to say how motivated Canada will be. But I expect them to take the lead in the first and then play hide and seek in the remaining periods.

Re: Hockey World Championships 3 - 4/5 Huh, Belarus leads 1:0 after 1st. I'm not watching that match and I have no clue what's going on. I'll bet live on the next period over 2 goals (2.40 @ Bet365) and try to win back the money I lose on 1st period - higest scoring. I see that Canada got a lot of penalties. I hope that coach will reason them during the break and that things will go as supposed. Austria and Norway are playing even-sided match. Norway controlled beginning and the end and Austria controlled the middle of the period. Austria is very disciplined so far. Only 1 penalty in the first. But, you can see them pannick when trying to kill PP. Everything is still open in this match.

Re: Hockey World Championships 3 - 4/5 As you CBG said, Norway managed the PP really well: 2 goals out of 3 PPs. On the other hand, Austria had 6 and scored once. However, it is a tight match and I was expecting Norway to at least have more shots than 11 in two periods. I'm also on Norway [dnb], so...:hope

Re: Hockey World Championships 3 - 4/5 Norway did win after OT, I had X2 :clap So not bad :nana Of course was thinking about just to bet Norway to win the game, odds was better. 3-2 after OT to Norway. Austria was so strong but Norway finally overcame them as expected... :hope

Re: Hockey World Championships 3 - 4/5 I had Norway -0.5 as the odds on dnb were not available on my locals, so does the win on the 4th quarter counts. Could someone explain. Thanks and great picks all:ok Additon these was on the rules of ice-hockey, should I read it as a win if I understand correctly. Ice Hockey Betting Rules There must be at least 55 minutes of play for bets to be valid.

• All bets will be valid if play is less than 55 minutes and match is resumed within 12 hours
  • All bets will be considered void if play is less than 55 minutes and not resume within 12 hours
  • All bets will be considered void if play is less than 55 minutes, not resume but restart of play over again
  • Teams must play for there to be action, all wagers included, all leagues included.
Results
  • Final result is the score after 3 Quarters plus extra time & penalty shoot-out.
  • For Quarter betting, a Quarter must be completed for bets to be valid
  • If a game requires a penalty shoot-out to determine the winner. One goal will be awarded to the winner of the final score (regardless of how many goals scored in the penalty shoot-out) which will be recognized for the total goals scored as well as the winning team.
  • For 3rd Quarter betting, score excludes after extra time & penalty shoot-out for that Quarter.

Re: Hockey World Championships 3 - 4/5 Russia - Italy Highest scoring period: 1st (3.10 @ Bet365) Time of first goal: under 8.5 (1.74 @ 10bet) Everything is said about this match and everything is known. The class difference couldn't be bigger than this. Of course, Rusia will win and, of course, they will win easily. Handicap of 5.5 should be more than safe, over 7.5 should be also safe. I'm not taking these odds, because I don't think Italy will score at all. And it is left to Russian team to cover these margins. We have seen some surprises in last couple of matches and now we know that miracles do happen in this WC. But, the Russians have seen those matches also. They will want to put their foot down and show who is better team. They'll start furiously and I don't think that Italy will have any chances of defending themselves. As I said, Italy is very good when playing against same class teams, but they are completly lost against stronger teams. I'm placing those bets expecting fierce start from Russian team.