Hockey World Championships 3 - 6/5

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Switzerland-Finland
Selection Finland-2.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 03/05/2007
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.81 (Back)
Reasoning Switzerland had their first big test against Sweden yesterday. They lost 6-0 and that game showed that they have nothing to get from these better teams. I rank Finland as a stronger team than Finland. They've looked strong so far, despite losing to Russia in their last game. They should cover this handicap anyway.
Sport Ice Hockey
Event Switzerland-Finland
Selection Over 6.5 goals
Strength 5/10
Date 03/05/2007
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.86 (Back)
Reasoning At this price, I must try this one. I'm confident that Finland can score at least 5-6 goals in this one, and Switzerland has some qualities and could easily score one or two themselves. With over 5.5 being at 1.80, 2.86 for over 6.5 is huge imo and it's not impossible at all that this line will be covered.
Sport Ice Hockey
Event Slovakia-USA
Selection Over 5.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 03/05/2007
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.94 (Back)
Reasoning Really nice price here. Other bookies have the over at around 1.70. Both teams have some real offensive skilled players. Goalies of both teams do not look very solid to me. 5/6 games these two have played so far has gone over and a lot of goals is scored in this tournament. I don't see why this shouldn't be another goal-party!
Sport Ice Hockey
Event Denmark-Sweden
Selection Sweden-4.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 03/05/2007
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning Sweden has ran over their opponents so far. 6-goal wins against Italy, Latvia and Switzerland. It's difficult to rank these teams, but Denmark isn't better than Latvia and Switzerland imo. They have a line of fairly good players including Frans Nielsen, Peter Regin and Morten Green, but the rest are not good at all. Sweden should win this with 5-6 goals imo. Hirsch in the danish net, if he'll be the goalie, will have a busy night for sure. He were the goalie in my team Leksand this season. He had some good times, but one have to remember that this was in Allsvenskan and in the WC he just hasn't got what it takes.
Sport Ice Hockey
Event Germany-Czech Republic
Selection Over 5.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 03/05/2007
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.75 (Back)
Reasoning Another good looking over imo. The Czechs have impressed me so far. They have a really good team, but as most teams in this tournament, their offense look better than their defense. Their first real test was against USA in the last round. They won the game 4-3, but it was a strange one. USA equalized with 4 minutes left but the Czechs pulled the winner with one minute left. Germany have also been involved in two "overs" so far and I can see them scoring a pair or so here. A 5-2 sin for the Czechs is what I predict =).
GL!:ok

Re: Hockey World Championships 3/5 I am pretty much sure today well see a lot of similar picks posted in this thread, but here are my views... Switzerland – Finland

No doubt in my mind that Fines should cover that, theyre better team and imo the only factor that could affect the succes of this bet is the time of their first goal. Yesterday game of Swiss team vs. Sweden could be the bets benchmark for this game, as soon as Switzerland conceeded they got reverded with 4 more in same quarter – i expect probably the same from this game today. Finland -2.5 @ 1.80 @ Expekt

USA – Slovakia

Was thinking about betting sides in this one, as the odds Pinny offer for the Slovaks are pretty much over the top (2.26 for their win) as i rate them at least on the same level as USA on this tournament – but given the fact Slovaks had hard game vs Canada yesterday and odds that are offered for over i find totals betting as a better bet in this game. With the amount of Power plays refs are whistling on this tournament its hard to see this one not going over the totals set - also the odds for over are near even, so imo a good bet. Over 5.5 (Ot excl) @ 1.94 @ Pinnacle

Denmark – Sweden

Danes did what they come to do on this tournament – and this is to stay in elite group. So for them the champs in practically over nad they play only for pride. OK, this might give them a slight edge but the quality difference between those two is huge – with consideration that Sweden is using i think only 1 NHL player, the players from domestic leagues will want to do their best – lots of scouts on the stands and we will be probably be seeing a hefty amount of future NHL stars on ice otday Not to forget the »love« between neighbour counties.. This game has IMO clear Sweden win and also over written all over it. Sweden -4.5 @ 1.86 @ Pinnacle

Over 7 (Ot excl) @ 1.86 @ Pinnacle

Germany - Czech Republic

Czechs can score, no doubt about that and despite i rate Germans as a team with most quality - from those that are here to just make the numbers, theyre simply caught somwhere in the middle. They have no chances of reaching the top spots and also feel comfortable about not plunging out of the elite group. So i expect a relaxed game from Germans who will probably try and get something out of this game, but sincerely talking Czechs are the team with more quality and they should win that one with at least two or three goals. But simply cant find any vale in them (-2.5 @ 1.649 @ Pinnacle), but the over, which i also believe is achieveable easier as the spread betting, is valued at 1.75 – so IMO that has some value in it. Over 5.5 (Ot excl) @ 1.75 @ Pinnacle

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.