Early MTT hand - your plays

Masterplan

medium buyin tourny third level. 1500 starting chips, 340 entrants, top 40 paid. you've been making some gutsy plays which included a 3 way all in which got split between you all and 2 all in bluffs to get your stack back. but generally appearing loose passive due to bad flops. you made a great laydown of KK for nothing more than your preflop 6xbb on a 6 7 A flop which resulted in A2 and 77 all in. now looking to improve. the 2 biggest stacks have been playing similarly to you. fair amount of flops seen and raises called, but they have both hit big and taken the pots down. you get JJ UTG, whats your play here? Game #3921567543: Hold'em NL (25/50) - 2007/04/29 - 17:03:32 (DST) Table "25" Seat 1 is the button. Seat 1: BenNao (1265 in chips) Seat 2: kbth01 (2930 in chips) Seat 3: _Ky_ (2035 in chips) Seat 4: M_Man79th (1922 in chips) Seat 5: Redarrow (1345 in chips) Seat 6: Twenty007 (4071.50 in chips) Seat 7: John__con (1066.50 in chips) Seat 8: kram54321 (1530 in chips) Seat 9: Llanigan (990 in chips) kbth01: posts small blind 25 _Ky_: posts big blind 50 ----- HOLE CARDS ----- dealt to M_Man79th [Jc Js]

Re: Early MTT hand - your plays You have 40xBB and in early position ..... I treat it as a drawing hand, so want to see the flop as cheaply as possible. I flat call, hoping to start a limp fest and see a cheap flop against multiple opponents!!! I'll probably flat call a "normal" raise. My goal is the 7.5-1 shot of hitting trips .... anything else and I'm extremely cautious..... I dont want to raise - I'm in poor position and am not wanting to play a flop for a large pot out of position ......

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.