What would you do?

spannerjago

I've just had this situtation in the 40,000 tourney on SO tonight. As it happened I had a raise before me which made up my mind to fold. My question is what would you guys do in this situation if it had folded around to me? ***** Hand 603306539 ***** 400.00/800.00 Texas Hold'em (No Limit ) - 29 April 2007 22:19:29 $40,000 Guaranteed (Real /Tournament ) Seat 1: jcortes (10204.00) Seat 2: jumpine004 (20880.00) Seat 3: CoolerKing (7740.00) Seat 4: Heidari111 (29938.00) Seat 5: MNFREEDOM (7020.00) Seat 6: mimaradent (11257.00) Seat 7: MR. DH (22274.00) Seat 8: spannerj (12188.00) Seat 9: Farmboyz1 (12240.00) Seat 10: GANJAS X (7980.00) Farmboyz1 post SB 400.00 GANJAS X post BB 800.00 ** Deal ** jcortes [N/A, N/A] jumpine004 [N/A, N/A] CoolerKing [N/A, N/A] Heidari111 [N/A, N/A] MNFREEDOM [N/A, N/A] mimaradent [N/A, N/A] MR. DH [N/A, N/A] spannerj [3d, 3h] Farmboyz1 [N/A, N/A] GANJAS X [N/A, N/A] *** Bet Round 1 *** jcortes Fold jumpine004 Fold CoolerKing Fold Heidari111 Fold MNFREEDOM Fold mimaradent Raise to 2400.00 MR. DH Fold spannerj Fold Farmboyz1 Fold GANJAS X Fold On the button with 33. About average stack sitting in about 80th with 150 left. Top 70 paid. No read on Ganjas but Farmboyz has defended his blind a couple of times with non premium hands and got lucky he has also pushed back with big hands as youd expect. Do you limp and hope to catch a set? Raise to try and take the blinds? Shove all in to take the blinds? Fold and wait for better hands? I'm really not sure what is best here and this is the sort of situation where I get in trouble on occasions. Any advice greatfully received.

Re: What would you do? It sort of depends what mood i'm in whether i play low pairs or not, i usually only call a big raise with them if i'm on tilt after a bad beat or i have a large stack, But generally i avoid a call because it's so rare you hit that one card you need to win the hand. Alternatively i see a lot of people in MTT go all in with pairs of any sort and they often hold up. Folding over the long term was probably the right way to go. Though i'm sure everyone else will disagree with me lol...

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.