Whats Poker Stars like for real money?

Beejayville

Been playing Pacific Poker and poker Stars for a little while now with play money trying to hone my Poker texas holdem NL skills. The play money is in front from mainly playing Single/Multi tables from 9 to 45 and managed to win and get to final table a few times. So was wondering if anyone has played at Poker Stars for real $$$ and if it is much different to the play money tables...Some of the nuffers in play money tourneys do some stupid things that I doubt they would do in real money tourneys. Not really sure where to play online for real $$$, but most review sites gave Pokers Stars the thumbs up, said it was tougher, but playing tougher players only improve skills more I would have thought. Any thoughts?

Re: Whats Poker Stars like for real money? From what I've found Stars definietly the toughest (admittedly not played on FTP). Stars are great for SnGs in the sense they always fill fast. Literally in just a few seconds they'll get started. Lowest level is $1+0.20, and that's for 9, 18 or 45 players. In Stars generally speaking long handed is 9 players not 10. Others will no doubt be able to provide better advice but for bonuses Stars offer a 100% bonus up to $50, but that'd probably be quite hard to clear at $1+0.20. Pretty sure the bonuses don't expire though.

Re: Whats Poker Stars like for real money? play money and real moneyare two different ball games, i still struggle on real money on pokerstars there are lot easier sites to start off ur real money games. i find boss net work alright for grinding small stakes. the sign up bonus on starsdoes take some chasing.Paradise bonus gets released in$10 dollar incriments. hope this is some help :gimme

Re: Whats Poker Stars like for real money? Yep - Play money is not good for anything except getting to grips with the mechanics of how the site works, and getting to grips with the rules of the game.........you can take NO strategy from Play Money tables at all!!! If you weren't making money on the Play Money tables, then it's probably worth giving up now :tongue2 The first step up from PlayMoney tables is to Freerolls - these are games that are free to enter, but offer real money prizes - you can use this to start building a bankroll (If you haven't read Mr V's thread before - highlighted in the Beginners sticky - with how he got into poker and built a bankroll from nothing, then go and read it :ok)

Guest gazza271

Re: Whats Poker Stars like for real money? On a day off I normally play a few STT's during the day, I also normally play STT's at night and without doubt PokerStars is the toughest site :\ . Does not seem to make a difference what time of day I play either. There's far easier sites to make money on mate :ok

Re: Whats Poker Stars like for real money?

From personal experience Poker Stars is the toughest site I've played on for Cash games - only 1 of 2 sites i have ever shown a loss at. Full Tilt charge to much rake on the low limit games. I would recommend for a beginner - PKR (as its slow and the standard is poor), Betfair, or Boss.
How much more rake is it on FTP? I noticed that another forum (I wont mention it just in case) offer a sign up deal with FTP where you get 27% rake back. Any idea how much difference that would make?