Showdowns

Crouch Potato

Re: Showdowns

Daft question I'm sure' date=' but why is it that in Cash games when there's an all-in scenario that the cards aren't shown til after the river, but in tournaments they are flipped over when the money is in the pot?[/quote'] Frankly, I'm not sure of the PRECISE reasons, but I would think one of them is to avoid any collusion (chip dumping). In a tournament, the best hand after an all-in will always take the pot and this can be seen by all of the players at the table. Alternatively, in a cash game, if someone wants to say "I'm beat" after a showdown, they can say so, muck their cards and it's only their money being lost. Plus they don't have to reveal their cards to show what they were playing with. However, if someone shoves and gets called then (I think) the caller has the right to see the other players hand. Not sure on that one but I think so.

Re: Showdowns Yeah it's the same on PaddyPower (think it might be ipoker the server thing) It's a new server and you've got to go to hand history to see the hands which is a little annoying and i don't see the point :| However , the layout of the hand history screen is great i have to say!

Re: Showdowns Just downloaded the Pokeroffice free trial. Total nightmare. It made the chat options box in the bottom corner keep flickering on and off (v annoying) and then the whole thing stopped working after about 5hands lol. Am using ipoker - don't know if anyone else has had any problems using pokeroffice on it? Anyway, uninstalled now :loon