VirginPoker STT Challenge to WSOP

GaF

VirginPoker_468x60.gif Sign up HERE Joe has arrived at Virgin :ok route3.gifWhen? - 23rd April – 27th May How? The Single Table Tournament Challenge is back and this time we're giving away 2 seats to the $1500 No-Limit Texas Hold'em event on 23rd June 07. The STT challenge will run between Monday 23rd April and Sunday 27th May. In a change to our usual format there will be 5 weekly mini challenges where the winner of the weekly challenge will win a seat at our final table Vegas 5 Seater event that will take place on Wednesday 30th. You will earn points for every STT game you play and the top 5 players with the most points at the end of the week will win a range of prizes. Weekly STT Challenge Schedule
ChallengeDatePot
Week 1:23rd April – 29th AprilWinner: A seat in the Vegas 5 Seater 2nd: A $700 seat in one of the Virgin Poker WSOP satellite finals 3rd – 5th: 1000 Vpoints
Week 2:30th April – 6th MayWinner: A seat in the Vegas 5 Seater 2nd: A $700 seat in one of the Virgin Poker WSOP satellite finals 3rd – 5th: 1000 Vpoints
Week 3:7th May – 13th MayWinner: A seat in the Vegas 5 Seater 2nd: A $700 seat in one of the Virgin Poker WSOP satellite finals 3rd – 5th: 1000 Vpoints
Week 4: 14th May 20th MayWinner: A seat in the Vegas 5 Seater 2nd: A $700 seat in one of the Virgin Poker WSOP satellite finals 3rd – 5th: 1000 Vpoints
Week 5:21st May – 27th MayWinner: A seat in the Vegas 5 Seater 2nd: 5000 V-points 3rd – 5th: 1000 Vpoints

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Re: VirginPoker STT Challenge to WSOP The points for the winners in this seem very low :loon :loon Looks well worth a bash!!

route_three.gif The STT challenge returns, and we're giving away over $10,000 in WSOP prizes plus V*Points galore! The format is the same as ever, for those of you new to the STT challenge, these are the rules: Players will earn points for every STT they win and a cumulative total of points earned will be displayed on a leaderboard in this blog. Points will be earned in the following order:
  • 10 seater STT win: 5 points
  • 5 seater STT win: 3 points
  • 2 seater STT win: 1 point

Each weekly winner will win a seat at a final tourney where there will be two $4000 WSOP side event packages to win! The final weekly will be posted here every Monday. Best of luck everyone, see you in Vegas!

route_three.gif After all that waiting we can finally announce the winner of Week 1 of the STT Challenge! And the winner is...(drum roll)....RioRodent, who sneaked home by just 1 point from Belgareth.

Week1.bmp

To find out how you did just e-mail [email protected]. Best of luck for Week 2! Fishyhook

route_three.gif After just missing out in week 1 Belgareth won week 2 of the STT Challenge at a canter! Best of luck to MrBang77 in the WSOP satellite.

STT%20Wk2.bmp

Week 3 is already up and running so what are you waiting for?? Fishyhook

Re: VirginPoker STT Challenge to WSOP Hi guys, Just a quick note to highlight this tourney for all of you guys in search of a lot of value. There's not much action on this at the moment and as the buy-in has no relevance to the points gained it doesn't have to be for the high rollers. Plus a Boss glitch (who would have thought it) means that anyone winning second place is actually able to unregister from the tourney and pocket the $700 (i shouldn't really have told you that). Anyway just thought i'd let you guys know. Joe

Re: VirginPoker STT Challenge to WSOP Joe gets a report from Boss - so nothing to do - just play your games :ok 3 x 10 seat STT wins a day and you would have romped to any weekly win so far :loon :loon

Re: VirginPoker STT Challenge to WSOP

do they count gaf ? (as I have just won 2/2)
Why wouldn't they count? :unsure Heads Up is fine (1 point a win) and Joe posted stake doesn;t matter.... Played 9 games in 45 mins :loon :loon Deliberately playing "fast", and prepared to gamble ... too much it seems .... 9 games, 3 wins, 6 defeats :sad What level you playing at Mole? :unsure

just fancied a bit of fun to unwind and its good practise too. that runa is bloody shrewd
not shrewd enough it seems :( edit 1 - nice hand GaF edit 2 - the quads reference for everyone else is that earlier this evening I was dealt 55 and the flop came 655. One bet before me of 4xBB and whilst I delayed my call I hit fold :wall :wall :wall

Re: VirginPoker STT Challenge to WSOP my stats i think are as follows $3 tourney wins = 2 which gives me 8 points $5 tourney wins = 24 which gives me 78 points $5 heads up wins = 15 which gives me 15 points all towards the wsop challenge......101 in total im guestimating and thats not bad considering it was all since midnight last night!!!!!:loon

my stats i think are as follows $3 tourney wins = 2 which gives me 8 points $5 tourney wins = 24 which gives me 78 points $5 heads up wins = 15 which gives me 15 points all towards the wsop challenge......101 in total im guestimating and thats not bad considering it was all since midnight last night!!!!!:loon
and there's me on Thursday saying I didn't have enough time to take this tournament seriously. :hope for the final results table.

Hi guys, Just a quick note to highlight this tourney for all of you guys in search of a lot of value. There's not much action on this at the moment and as the buy-in has no relevance to the points gained it doesn't have to be for the high rollers. Plus a Boss glitch (who would have thought it) means that anyone winning second place is actually able to unregister from the tourney and pocket the $700 (i shouldn't really have told you that). Anyway just thought i'd let you guys know. Joe
cool

Re: VirginPoker STT Challenge to WSOP Just looking at the T&C for this - all 5 entrants in the STT final get prizes :ok

The Vegas 5 Seater final tournament will have the following prize structure:
1st: $4000 WSOP package including $1500 No Limit Buy-In and $2500 travel and accommodation expenses.
2nd:$4000 WSOP package including $1500 No Limit Buy-In and $2500 travel and accommodation expenses.
3rd:40,000 V*POINTs
4th:20,000 V*POINTs
5th:20,000 V*POINTs

Re: VirginPoker STT Challenge to WSOP Hi Graeme, You came second in Week 3 of the STT Challenge so have won a $700 seat at our WSOP Online Final satellite. This will be played on Sunday 27th May at 7.30pm BST. Your name will appear in the tournament players within 48 hours. For more information on this promotion please see - http://www.virgingames.com/poker/HotTournamentsDetails.aspx?ShowTnmtDetails=Tnmt04 Congratulations and good to see you on the Virgin tables. Joe Joe Legge Poker Product Manager Virgin Games

route_three.gif It's getting serious now with four players beating the 100 point mark in Week 3 and Adelita accumulating a seriously impressive 220 points to win!

STT%20Wk%203.bmp

We're already well in to Week 4 so just 2 chances left to make it to the Vegas final table. Good luck, Fishyhook

Re: VirginPoker STT Challenge to WSOP Holy cow, how this has taken off!!!! Week 4 was painfully close but Xtrmntr2 just sneaked it CKitty by the tiny margin of 3 points. Bad luck to CKitty but a $700 WSOP seat should hopefully be a good consolation prize.

STT%20Wk41.bmp

There's now only one week left to join Xtrmntr2 at the final table so get at those STTs! Best of luck, Fishyhook