** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

sky poker $1000 freeroll

kippe6

Re: sky poker $1000 freeroll I'm in (HectorMcG). First time on this site - trying my hand at a $3 tourney. 100 players, currently 18th of 44. Some snazzy graphics, including a "HOT-O-METER" - I need never think again :loon McG P.S. - well, it was £3 + 30p (must get these glasses checked - 4's look like Aces), but I won £4 for finishing 16th, so not too bad.

Re: sky poker $1000 freeroll 2nd break, and we're down to 9 players (I'm 3rd). Don't recognise any other names, although there is a daz at the top of the leaderboard. Oatfedgoat - is he a PL bod? Not as manic as the first hour, and the prize money now ranges from £15 up to £240 - here goes :hope P.S. - Well, strap me back !! Just won the freeroll and picked up £240 - English sterling. :loon What an excellent competition. I take back everything I said about it being a madhouse. Off to rest my sleepy head now. McG

Re: sky poker $1000 freeroll Now that I have woken up again at work, time to give a more considered opinion on this freeroll. It is a bit of a "Safety-Net" style shoot out, but this might be down to the fact that, with only 6 players per table, those blinds come round pretty quickly. In actual fact, you start with 3000 chips and the blinds increase fairly quickly, but it doesn't need to be as mad as some were playing last night. It was a bit of a roller-coaster ride, but you don't need to get involved in every hand. The other key thing is that last night was the first one (I think), and started at 11pm. Tonight's starts at 7pm, so might (just might) be a bit more sensible. This will probably become very popular, so register as soon as you can. Technically, the banner for this thread is misleading and understates the size of the funds available. It is a freeroll for £1,000, with prizes ranging from £240 for first, down to £4 for 60th. Most of the other freerolls we enter are in dollars, and a maximum of 500 players makes it much more appealing, and much better value. A slight quirk is that, once you have registered, you need to make sure that you are still logged in to Sky when the tourney starts, or it will log you off because of inactivity. Just log back in and you can return to the lobby. My final bit of comment is easy - if I can do it, any of you can. Best of luck McG :zzz

Guest gazza271

Re: sky poker $1000 freeroll Just over 400 in for tonights tourny (starts in 25mins) and remember this is for 1000 ££££££££ not $ :ok

Re: sky poker $1000 freeroll

out 27th' date='my aj v 89o...flop 8q9 :wall :wall :wall still £6.50 for my first time on here,and to be honest the standard of play on the tables i was at was pretty good,certainly no all in fest.[/quote'] First hand someone went all in against me on the turn when i hit top 2 pair aces and tens, he had jack high, happy days!:lol It did calm down a little after that mind. Were plenty of fish early on for sure, but some decent ones too. Out in 99th i think when my a q got beat by a j when he flopped 2 pair, he was decent player actually and came 10th i think.

Re: sky poker $1000 freeroll Wasn't as bad as I was expecting! Boy those blinds rise quickly! Came 32nd and made £5.50, got short stacked, blinds were 2000/4000, raised all in for 20000 on the button with AJ suited. BB called for another 16000. Turned over J 8 offsuit and made the 4 5 6 7 8 straight. Interesting standard of play, some good players but the tournament itself seems like a goldmine. £1000 pot limited to 500 players!