Credit Card rip off on Deposits

rosco

Deposited money into Mansion last month

Just received my statement and for my £50 deposit I have been charged a £2.50 Cash handling fee.

I have also been charged the interest from this Day aswell. Only .58p.

I was not aware of this and think this is wrong.

I deposit a lot and withdraw through Credit cards.

I am sure this is the first time this has happened but I will check my statements. The credit card company stated it was a cash withdraw of a lottery which is why I was charged.

Anyone else had this?

Re: Credit Card rip off on Deposits

Deposited money into Mansion last month

Just received my statement and for my £50 deposit I have been charged a £2.50 Cash handling fee.

I have also been charged the interest from this Day aswell. Only .58p.

I was not aware of this and think this is wrong.

I deposit a lot and withdraw through Credit cards.

I am sure this is the first time this has happened but I will check my statements. The credit card company stated it was a cash withdraw of a lottery which is why I was charged.

Anyone else had this?

Common practice now with credit cards. They're treating all gambling deposits as cash advances.

Common practice now with credit cards. They're treating all gambling deposits as cash advances.
Any idea when this changed? Did you recieve notification of this. It never stated anything when I deposited

Any idea when this changed? Did you recieve notification of this. It never stated anything when I deposited
Most credit card companies have changed their Ts and Cs over the last 6 months to say they treat gambling deposits as cash advances. You should have received the revised Ts and Cs from them.

Use your debit card rosco' date=' no charges with that. Plus, if you are with Nationwide you will get the full money market exchange rates (rather than tourist rates) when switching between £ and $. :ok[/quote'] Thanks Col U :ok Gonna open a debit account just for poker me thinks, Looks like Nationwide is the winner

Re: Credit Card rip off on Deposits You're welcome mate. Open a Nationwide Flex account. It's a current account. You have internet access to it. Get a debit card and you're set up. I only deal with poker sites that will accept payments from and make withdrawals to my Flex account via my debit card. Easy peasy. Full money market rates, no transaction charges. Who needs an eWallet with their poor exchange rates and transaction charges?