Croatian 1.HNL, Apr 18

EventHajduk - Kamen
SelectionKamen not to score
Strength10/10
Date18/04/2007
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 1.78 (Back)
ReasoningKamen is in great difficulties and i don't see any way that they can survive in 1.HNL this season. Their chairman is in prision, coach resigned one day before this match, players are totally unmotivated and their pays aren't paid in last few months. Today they will face Hajduk, second place team and, along with Dinamo, biggest name in Croatian football. Hajduk at home has: W11-D1-L1 30:4, they have the best defense overall and at home and kept the clean sheet in eight of their last nine games. In last match Pula managed to score and win (1:0) and Hajduk changed coach after it. At home Hajduk allowed goals in only three games in 13 rounds and i don't expect their style changing. Today they will have certain problems in attack, but defence will be complete, and important central defender Zivkovic is coming back. Kamen away has W1-D1-L11 11:32, they've failed to score in five of their 13 away games. Latley they've been playing really bad and in last game they've lost at home to Zagreb 0:6. Hajduk plays traditionally good defense, especially at home and in last five seasons and eight games Kamen managed to score in only two. Their only game at Poljud this season finished: 2006-11-08 Hajduk 4-0 Kamen Ingrad As Hajduk has problems with attackers i think that they won't win with high margin and in that case they will keep cautios in defense and won't concede. In local i have only 1.65 for this bet, and online only Expekt offers it. I recommend medium stake as this kind of bets are always gambling and odds today aren't really high...
EventVarteks - Pula
SelectionPula not to score
Strength10/10
Date18/04/2007
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 2.35 (Back)
ReasoningAs much as i based Hajduk - Kamen pick on Hajduk good defense, i'm basing this pick on Pula bad attacking when it comes to away games. Varteks didn't win in last 11 games, and lost last seven. It can be explaind as a though schedule, but they were expected to snatch a point or three now and then. They really came close to the danger zone and it's really time to beat someone. Latley they allowed too much goals, 18 in last seven games and they said they will play more cautios. They don't really know to play defensivly and they rely on attack more, but Pula isn't team that will play offensive. Pula in away games is really poor, they have W2-D2-L9 6:17 and scored in only four of their 13 away games. They play defensive and trying something only from counter-attacks. Today they should be satisfied with a draw. I see a one way game today, Varteks attacking and Pula defending. I don't see Pula has any real fire power in attack since Kalinic left and it will be extremly hard for them to score (they have second worst attack in the league). This odds are really too high IMO and i hope that tradition will continue and it says that Pula didn't scored in Varazdin since they play in 1.HNL. Small/medium stake for me.