Virgins and Sluts

This one relates to betting on the clean sheets in football games. Sometimes we take the virgin approach, and hope for no scoring, no action, no fun and keeping the sheets clean. Other times we'll want to get dirty and see lots of scoring and balls flying into the never regions. I do love a lame pun... I'll be staking real money on most of these but for the time being records will be kept here on a paper trial basis. Starting bank of 1000pts and 1% of bank on each selection.

Re: Virgins and Sluts First game we have here tonight is Liverpool v Middlesbrough. The facts: In the last; 16 home league games, Liverpool conceded just 5 goals 16 away league games, Boro scored just 11 goals 8 games at Anfield between the two, Boro have scored in just two games 5 away games in the league, Boro have been kept goal-less Bet: 10pts on Liverpool to keep a Clean Sheet @ 2.02 Betfair

Re: Virgins and Sluts Cheers guys. I suspect nearing the end of season things could be a bit more eratic, hence the general paper trail. Playing both sides though should hopefully enable me to find something to this given some selectivity. It has also come to my attention that I didn't make a 'keeping it tight' joke about the Virgins. Shame on me :loon

Re: Virgins and Sluts Results Bet 1: Liverpool to keep a Clean Sheet - WIN Returns: 19.69 (I applied standard 5% commission, even though it's a paper trial) Bet 2: West ham to concede - WIN Returns: 11.5 ------------------------------------------------------ Overall Bets: 2 Wins: 2 S/R: 100% Staked: 20 Returned: 31.19 Profit: +11.19 Starting Bank: 1000 Current Bank: 1011.19 Whorehouse Bets: 1 Wins: 1 S/R: 100% Staked: 10 Returned: 11.5 Profit: +1.5 Catholic Church Bets: 1 Wins: 1 S/R: 100% Staked: 10 Returned: 19.69 Profit: +9.69

Re: Virgins and Sluts Arsenal v Tottenham - Considering No Arsenal Clean Sheet In the last; 10 Meetings at White Hart Lane, Spurs have scored 13 Games Spurs have played at White Hart Lane, Spurs have scored Spurs have a deserved reputation of being a goals team atm and this is typified by their recent 3-3 draw with Wigan. However the odds of 1.3 or so is a little short and this is a derby so things can go strangely, although form H2H at WHL is pretty solid. Slightly worrying also is that both Man Utd and Liverpool have kept Spurs scoreless at WHL this season. Might have to wait for team news.

Re: Virgins and Sluts

Do you write tabloid headlines CP? you certainly have the best thread titles, they simply demand to be clicked on!!!:lol Oh & good luck with the system!
Lol, I don't, but maybe I should get into it! Cheers for the well wishes. Berbatov and Keane and Lennon all named for Spurs and I fancy a score draw, so off we go: Bet 3: 10.11pts on Arsenal NO Clean Sheet @ 1.35

Bet 3: 10.11pts on Arsenal NO Clean Sheet @ 1.35
I was quite Keane to see this bet win :ok --------------------------------------- Charlton v Sheffield Utd In the last: 4 Home games, Charlton have kept a Clean Sheet 4 Away games, Sheffield Utd have not scored 17 Away League games, Sheffield Utd have scored just 7 goals Bet 4: 10.15pts Charlton Clean Sheet - YES @ 2.55 Centrebet --------------------------------------- Liverpool v Wigan In the last: 3 Games, Liverpool have kept a Clean Sheet 3 Games between these teams, Liverpool have kept a Clean Sheet 17 Home league games, Liverpool have conceded just 5 goals Bet 5: 10.15pts Liverpool Clean Sheet - YES @ 2.00 Betfair

Re: Virgins and Sluts 1/2, With Charlton letting me down. I do wonder in hindsight whether I should have taken it given the circumstances of the match. We'll move on and hope for a better return in France. --------------------------------------- Marseille v Troyes In the last: 3 games, Troyes have not scored a goal 2 games, Marseille have kept a clean sheet 16 away league games, Troyes have scored just 8 goals Bet 6: 10.14pts Marseille Clean Sheet - YES @ 2.00 Centrebet

At a cafe atm so can't calculate correct stakes, but two bets tonight: Chelsea Clean Sheet - YES @ 2.14 Newcastle Clean Sheet - NO @ 1.15
1/2 again, with the rather short odds one going down. I can definitely see some potential for this, but some sort of criterion is going to be needed to maximize profitability.

Re: Virgins and Sluts Update after tonight's bets. In the last: 4 CL games between these two, only one goal has been scored 5 games, Liverpool have conceded just once Not to mention a first round CL semi leg, I expect thngs to be quite tight Bets: 10.05 Chelsea Clean Sheet - YES @ 2.38 10.05 Liverpool Clean Sheet - YES @ 3.35 Catholic Church away!

How about a "Salvation Army" Saver bet e.g. Over 3.0 goals @ 4.40 ?
The concept is ok but I wouldn't have used that bet if I were to. Correct Score 1-1 for this game would be the ideal saver. I've used savers before and I sort of see them as a way to reduce any potential profits and increase losses, but that might just be, like so many things in the past, a matter of selectivity. That being said, I will consider some sort of protection (read: "condoms" :tongue2) from time to time as a matter of safeguarding things don't go massively wrong.

Re: Virgins and Sluts 1/2...again. Having trouble getting this one off the ground, but at least it's not sinking. Overall Bets: 10 Wins: 6 Total Staked: $100.73 Total Returned: $108.59 Profit: $7.86 S/R: 60.00% Yield: 7.81% Starting Bank: $1,000.00 Current Bank: $1,007.86 Next Bet: $10.08

Re: Virgins and Sluts Looking to get this system into a bit of profit tonight. We'll look to Chelsea to keep a clean sheet against a Bolton side that is missing up to 6 first teamers. Carvalho probably wont play which isn't the best of news but Stamford is a fortress and I'm hoping Bolton will lack punch tonight. 10.08pts Chelsea Clean Sheet? - YES! @ 1.92

Looking to get this system into a bit of profit tonight. We'll look to Chelsea to keep a clean sheet against a Bolton side that is missing up to 6 first teamers. Carvalho probably wont play which isn't the best of news but Stamford is a fortress and I'm hoping Bolton will lack punch tonight. 10.08pts Chelsea Clean Sheet? - YES! @ 1.92
Failed horribly :eyes Potential is in this one but I've shelving this until next season, looking out for possible angles during the rest of this season. SUSPENDED!