** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

America's Cup

It's day 3 of America's Cup in Valencia. Due to the lack of the wind, no races were held in the first two days. So, today should be the first competing day. Things aren't looking promissing since the wind is currently blowing at 2.1 kts (I think 7 knots or more are needed for racing). But, some stronger wind is forecasted for the afternoon. Flights 5 and 6 are scheduled for today. There are a couple of interesting matches, but mostly easy draws for the favorites. It means, no tempting odds. An evenly sided match is the one between Luna Rossa and BMW Oracle, in which I fancy BMW Oracle, but the odds are 1.80 (waaay too short). I'll place only one bet today and keep a close eye on the matches. I hope some better looking odds will come across in the next flights. It will also be worth waiting for the couple of flights to be over, in order to see the form of the teams. Official web pages: http://www.americascup.com I'm including a copy/paste from tvnz.co.nz about America's Cup:

Who races whom? Each challenger will race all the other teams twice - once in each of two round robins. Teams get two points for a win. The top four then go through to the semi-finals. The leading team choose their opponent, leaving the other two to match up. The semi-finals are raced as a best of nine. The finalists again race the best of nine. The winner takes home the Louis Vuitton Cup but the battle has just begun as they now take on Swiss defender Alinghi for the America's Cup itself. The America's Cup match is raced as the best of nine and the winner takes home the Hundred Guineas Cup and the right to organise the next challenge when, where and how they want. Who are the favourites? Team New Zealand, US syndicate BMW Oracle and Italians Luna Rossa have led the pack during the warm-up regattas or "acts" the challengers have raced since 2005. There is a battle in the middle of the pack to make the semi-finals, with Italian team Mascalzone Latino and home team Desafio Espanol putting in a very strong show in the final warm-up in April. Why do teams already have points? The challengers have been racing each other in warm-up regattas since 2005, earning marks which translate into bonus points for the LV Cup. Team New Zealand ended the acts on top of the pile and so start with four bonus points, equivalent to two round robin wins. BMW Oracle, Luna Rossa and Desafio Espanol came next and each begins with three points. Then came Mascalzone Latino, Sweden's Victory Challenge and South African Shosholoza, earning two points. Italian syndicate +39 was also given two points after another team crashed into its yacht in the final act and broke its mast in two. Team Germany, France's Areva Challenge and China Team bring up the bottom of the table and begin with one point each. How do the races work? The races last about 90 minutes and are made up of four "beats" or lengths of the course. Boats start off upwind and chase downwind to the finishing line. During the round robins, five pairs will race in each "flight", a set of matches, starting at about 10-minute intervals on two race courses called Romeo and Juliet. During the first round robin there will be up to two flights a day. From then on, there will be just one a day. When does it all happen? Round Robin One starts on April 16 and finishes on April 22, with one reserve day. Round Robin Two runs from April 25 to May 6, with one rest day. By that stage seven teams will have been knocked out. The LV Cup semi-finals start on May 14 and could end as early as May 19 if only five matches are needed to decide both best-of-nine-series. If all nine matches are used, the semis will run until May 24. The LV Cup finals start on June 1 and could end between June 6 and 12. The America's Cup begins on June 23 and could end between June 29 and July 4, depending on how many matches are needed. Depending on the weather, some of the stages may run over by one or more days.

Re: America's Cup Being from NZ I really hope that we don't win it back,last time it was here we were kept away from the waterfront and were only involed if they wanted money and then when the racing began we were once again locked off the waterfront as it was only availible to rich pricks with their million dollar yachts.Leading up to this challenge we have only heard anything about it if they want our money again,if not we hear nothing,I really,really hope we don't win it back,especially as Peter Blake was our true yachting hero and once he was gone all the rest of them turned into ******s.Go Alinghi.:ok

Re: America's Cup United Internet Team Germany - Mascalzone Latino Capitalia Team United Internet Team Germany to win (7.50 @ Bet365) This is a small stakes bet, since this would be the first racing day and the forms of the teams is yet to be seen. The Italian team had some good results lately, but they still lack continuity. In 2005 they had some outstanding results, but the overall was not so good. Last year, they were placed mid-table in the most of the events. The Germans were ranked 10th in Act13. They had a good start, but, after some problems with their new yacht, the results were weaker as the end of the act approached. They are after the 8th position here and I think that they are able to reach it. They weren't sailing any races in 2006. Head-to-Head matches are not the strongest side for the Italians. The German team sailed well before the yacht problems in last Act. If everything is in order with the yacht, they could surprise here today. The wind is now 1.8 kts. Not promissing.