Friday 13th April ( Lay of the day) ........

OSANA 4.20 Aintree. ( 4.6 currently Betfair ) He has the ability to go well in context with this race, but there's enough negatives to suggest he could struggle today. The ground being on the fast side of good would be a slight worry! Granted he handled it o.k on the flat when racing in France, but has only been campaigned with cut in the ground since going hurdling, so a bit to prove on the ground today. The trip's fine, but with him having a preference to lead, or be very prominent, he may be forced into a 'cut throat' race with 'Bywell beau' also liking to force the pace. So let's hope they cut each others throats and if that's the case on this faster ground and 'Osana' isn't ideally suited by it, then we could be getting him beat quite early here. That's hoping for the best though and I'm sure he'll run a bit better than that, but with several runners who have the ability ( some unexposed ) and who will be sitting in behind off the decent pace and liking it! I just feel 'Osana' will struggle to hold them all off. He'll need his very, very best if he does, so hats off if he achieves it. 4.6 Currently ( betfair ) does seem very short, irrespective of the result, so 'Osana' has to be my lay of the day. Good luck one and all. http://layntradetheproway.blogspot.com **Special envoy** has been withdrawn which is a bit of a blow, as fancied him to go o.k. I'll still stick with the lay though, as enough to take him on with.

Re: Friday 13th April ( Lay of the day) ........ Aintree 2.00 : Aces Four Quite a short fav for this after running well behind Denman at the festival, i cant get way from the fact he makes a lot of mistakes under pressure and with him setting a decent pace, these fences can get you in trouble if you belt one. Lots of others also have a chance on their best form so will risk laying this favourite.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.