NRL Round 5 - (April 13th - 16th)

Friday 13 April 2007
HomeAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="center">sp.gifBPP
Penrith Panthers v Parramatta Eels (10:30 BST)1.722.50103% Related markets...Match ResultHandicapHalf-time/Full-time
Saturday 14 April 2007
HomeAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="center">sp.gifBPP
St G-Illawarra Dragons v Melbourne Storm (08:30 BST)3.751.36105% Related markets...Match Result - - -HandicapFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time Handicap
Canterbury Bulldogs v Manly Sea Eagles (10:30 BST)1.502.84107% Related markets...Match ResultHandicap
Sunday 15 April 2007
NZ Warriors v North Qld Cowboys (03:00 BST)1.902.25103% Related markets...Match ResultHandicap
South Sydney Rabbitohs v Newcastle Knights (05:00 BST)1.762.20108% Related markets...Match ResultHandicap
Wests Tigers v Cronulla Sharks (06:00 BST)1.602.75104% Related markets...Match ResultHandicap
Monday 16 April 2007
Canberra Raiders v Sydney Roosters (10:00 BST)1.662.50106% Related markets...Match ResultHandicap

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NRL Round 5 - (April 13th - 16th) First thoughts are that the Warriors look a good bet. Little concerned after doing a mountain of defending against Manly but the Cowboys had it almost as tough. The loss of O'Donnell against the big Kiwi pack is a blow. Dragons line of +9.5 looks a shade long. Poor game against the Sharks aside I can't see them getting thrased. Still, I can't see the Storm losing so Storm 1-12 might be a preferred option. None of the other games really stood out to me, Sharks played great last week but then so did the Tigers, who have a great H2H against a hot and cold Sharks. I gotta say though, the Total Points (Over) looks a possibility for this game depending on what it's set at.

Re: NRL Round 5 - (April 13th - 16th) Titans on the line looks pretty big too. First clash between these teams, local derby as such. I can't really see this one being a walkover. Unlike the Storm Dragons game, I wouldn't rule out an upset either. Tough game to predict as it really could go either way, but the 1.30 on offer for Brisbane is very skinny IMO.

Re: NRL Round 5 - (April 13th - 16th) Hi guys, Yeah Crouch i would have to agree with your point of the 10.5 start given to the Titans. If this game lives up to be anything like a QLD derby one of this teams should win by less than 10 so i also like the titans with the start. Also why are the sharks outsiders agaisnt a winless tigers??? This seems crazy and would have to tip the Sharkies as the value bet of the round, especially with dykes and Kim finaly geeling in the halves. Next onto the Parra game where once again the Panthers find themeselves in the newspapers for all the wrong reasons and i hope trindall gets locked up for beating on a girl. So i think parra will win this game. Plus my mighty dragons with the start. gl

Re: NRL Round 5 - (April 13th - 16th) Crouch, was listening to an intresting theory on the radio reguarding teams not having enough time to recover from there previous weeks games. They were talking about the first round when the Bulldogs went to Newcastle on the Sunday and had Sonybill sent off in the first three minutes then had to play the rest of the game with 12 men, the effort they put in was that a lot of players had lost a lot of body fluid then 5 days later when the played Penrith on the Friday night they hadn't recovered fully and put in a really flat performance and lost 40-10. When you look back through the first 4 rounds at the teams that have played on Monday night and then have to back up the following weekend, out of the six teams their was only 1 team (Souths) who managed to win following a Monday night game. Although only 4 rounds have been played it should be intresting to watch the trend and see how Cronulla and St George games go this weekend.

Re: NRL Round 5 - (April 13th - 16th) Did i read somewhere the Brisbane vs Gold Coast match is this weekend? Its not mentioned on the fixture above. If so are there any thoughts on the match, it should be an epic and the start of a massive rivalry

Re: NRL Round 5 - (April 13th - 16th) Yeah mate, it's on Friday night, Odds Comparison has a habbit of leaving things out for the NRL. As for the match, I think it needs to be treated as a real derby, even though it's the first time the teams have played. The game, despite being a Titans home game is at Brisbane's home ground of Suncorp Stadium. Brisbane are paying around $1.30 which is quite frankly a horrible price. Brisbane have won just once this year, which is actually once less than the Titans. There's no doubt on paper Brisbane are the better team but this certainly isn't one that'll be played out on paper. Titans with the start looks a good bet to me, but will decide tomorrow.

Re: NRL Round 5 - (April 13th - 16th) Scott Prince led teams (Wests Tigers) have troubled the Broncos in the recent past ... The Titans worked a lot on their last tackle kick plays at training today - virtual replicas of their second try against Penrith last week where Scott Prince grubbered in behind the defence for a flying Preston Campbell ... If the Titans can minimise their error rate it should allow them to play the up-tempo style they need to maintain due to their lack of size ... This gives the little men a chance to exploit the Broncos' sometimes lazy defense in and around the rucks ... But if the Broncos are allowed to rumble over the advantage line and get field position on the back of Titans' mistakes and penalties, it'll be a similar scoreline to what they put on the Roosters last weekend ... simple as that ... Oh and expect Matt Rogers to start in the centres ...

Re: NRL Round 5 - (April 13th - 16th) Only 1 from 3 tips in so far this season but certainly am enjoying the games I am watching and the comp as a whole as well as the writeups on PL. This week I like the Warriors at home mainly on the back of their forward pack having the edge over the Cowboys IMO and of course the home advantage. Also like the Dogs against Manly as they look stronger across the park and Manly are backing up from a tough one with a short turnaround. My bets this week: 2pts Warriors @ 1.75 (Centrebet) 1pt Warriors -2.5 @ 1.90 (Centrebet) 1pt Bulldogs @ 1.45 (NZTab) GLA. Cheers CK

Re: NRL Round 5 - (April 13th - 16th) Ok Ok i have changed my mine about this qld derby, i first picked the titans +10.5 but have now switched to the broncos with the -10.5. Just looking over these foward packs and i just don't see how the titans can compete. Plus even if rogers does play he has been suspect on defence so far and i think hodges will have a field day. My tips tonight Eels hd2hd @ 2.40 Broncos -10.5 @ 1.90

Re: NRL Round 5 - (April 13th - 16th) Alot of people with different opinions,nice one. Penrith -2.0 8/10 and for excitement only,Penrith 1-12 in a high scoring game. Broncos no tip but for excitement purposes Broncos 1-12. Good Luck to all.

Re: NRL Round 5 - (April 13th - 16th) I've avoided trying to pick a winner tonight. Centrebet's game score line is set at 43.5 for the Penrith game and I've taken over @ 1.97 (7.5/10). It's gone over this line 8/10 times and the other two were 42pts total. Penrith's last 3 games have seen a lot of points and the Eels hit scoring form last week. Also took Rhys Wesser to score anytime @ 2.00 as in a high scoring game I'd fancy him to score, plus he's scored in this fixture 3 of the past 4.

Re: NRL Round 5 - (April 13th - 16th) Yeah mate,the Broncos should run all over the Titans,but local derby and all that,a couple of mates are off to the match tonight and are really looking forward to it,I have my doubts about the margin and the start is so big that it's just a leave it alone match for me as well.Personally I hope the Broncs wipe the floor with them but 10 points is big,especially when the Broncs are 'nt firing on all cylinders,so leave alone for me also.

Re: NRL Round 5 - (April 13th - 16th) I was expecting the Parra vs Panthers GT be 48.5, so 43.5 offered is good value IMO. Parra has hit some form recently & last game they scored at ease. Only concern is if Penrith come out defending better than they did last week, where they played mostly catchup footy against the Titans.

Re: NRL Round 5 - (April 13th - 16th) If i'm wrong then i'll stand corrected but why is everyone on Parramatta tonight,They played a very poor Raiders outfit last weekend who gifted that match to them and the week before they played a very out of sorts Tigers and only won in golden point after leading by 10 with 15 mins to go,if i'm wrong then sweet as but Parra is not playing well. Time will tell I spose.

Re: NRL Round 5 - (April 13th - 16th) Brisbane over 41.5 Both teams have the ability to score and score plenty of points. Brisbane will use their orwards to lay the platform to unleash their backs onto the Titans while the Titans will use their halves especially to get the ascendency. Both teams have shown so far that their dfence is not exactly top notch so the potential for quite a few points is there. Penrith over 43.5 Another local derby to kick off this weekend where Penrith will want to make amends for last weeks poor showing especially against their rivals. Parramatta will have gained confidence from the win last week and will look to maintain their momentum. They scored 50 points between them last year and they are capable of doing it again especially as both teams like to look for gaps around the rucks to exploit

Re: NRL Round 5 - (April 13th - 16th) What crappy looks last night.:( Dragons vs Storm Ryles is in doubt and even if he plays I doubt it will help much,Woolford,Head and Young all in doubt or out and they were smashed less than 5 days ago,it is not looking good for the Dragons,the Storm have won their last 5 against the Dragons and that was with a relativly good Dragons side,this time it's against the baby dragons. Hard to see the Dragons staying with the Storm here,the Storm played average last weekend but that was to be expected after their bashing by the Warriors and once again the Storm still found a way to win,i'm on the Storm here,I don't know about 13+ but I'm prepared to back them by at least 10,Storm -8.5, 9/10 Bulldogs vs Manly Now this match is very intresting and it should be a great watch. Manly have only allowed less than 12 points per match this year and have showen that they are one of the sides to beat,even scarier than that is the fact that this is'nt even the Eagles best side.The one thing that could count against the Eagles is the punishment they took from the Warriors last weekend,and they took alot.I still don't find anything to suggest to me that the Bulldogs deserve our respect,Souths looked awful last week and the Doggies capitilised,however against Manly it is different,Manly play as a team,they slide and push forward well in defence and they have more speed than the Dogs,I'll put a small wager on the Eagles winning here but I would advise taking the Eagles with the start of 8.0, 8/10. Good Luck to all,whichever way you go.

Re: NRL Round 5 - (April 13th - 16th) Don't understand how that Burt try was disallowed in the first half from the kick through as it looked like he got sufficient pressure down on the ball yet they called it a knock on. :@ Would have given us all the over in the game Today's game: Storm win by 13+ margin Storm cruised to a very good victory last time out and are beginning to show why they are so good. St George on the other hand showed why they are so poor against Cronulla and after a shorter back up, will really find it difficult to hold out the Storm. Easy victory here.

Re: NRL Round 5 - (April 13th - 16th) That Burt no try was quite disappointing. I agree the Storm should win today, but I've gone for the 1-12 margin as I feel that they will respond to that loss and put in a better performance. Critical thing for me is that the Storm are not playing great. They barely deserved to beat the Knights and Tigers and the Raiders scoreline flattered them, so I think the scoreline will stay respectable. I'll take Folau to continue his good run of form too. Melbourne 1-12 @ 3.10 TAB (5/10) Folau to score @ 1.65 Centrebet (2.5/10)

Re: NRL Round 5 - (April 13th - 16th) Forgot to post.. ive taken 5pts Dogs 1-12 @3.10 4pts Manly 1-12 @4.15 basically because i thought it would be a tight game, was contemplating manly +6.0 on the line @1.91 and also +12.5 @1.44 but saw more value in the 1-12 markets.